Which spread would you use re/ this student-centered question?

JankaV

I hope this is the right forum area...I thought the spreads section was more about sharing a specific spread and in this case, I am unsure WHICH spread to use at all. If it needs to go there, though, I apologize for the extra work!

I am a student teacher and I have a very challenging situation with a student in the class I am interning in. This is only Kindergarten, and his home-life is not great. His behaviors are not at all his fault and I wish I could help him...but he doesn't do as well with females (his Mother doesn't seem to set any boundaries) so I need some advice on how I can help him or what to keep in mind. The behaviors are increasing, esp with me.

What sort of spread might I use for this kind of advice? I will be reading for myself.

Thank you xoxo Janka

Apollonia

For something like this, I like to start by keeping it simple, with positions similar to the following:
1) What is My Main Goal/Focus in this Situation?
2) My best energy to use
3) What to emphasize (Do)
4) What to downplay (Don't do/avoid)
5) Advice

And then you can do a single card or multiple cards for each position.

JankaV

what would be my specific question? what do need to know to help my student? and then those card positions? thank you, I like that spread!

Apollonia

what would be my specific question? what do need to know to help my student? and then those card positions? thank you, I like that spread!
Hi, you're welcome! Your question sounds like a good one--it's sincere, non-controlling, and leaves the energy open for the cards to give suggestions.

Farzon

For questions like this I like the Raven's Bridge which can be found on corax.com/tarot
There is no exact link but look for the Raven's spreads section.

The spread is very flexible abs I find it very useful when it comes to questions about what can be done in a specific situation.

Hemera

Raven´s Bridge (by Raven at corax.com)

1--5--2
---7---
3--6--4

(bottom layer 1-4, 5-6 on top of them and 7 on top of all cards)

Card 1 is the call - it is what you ask for, what you call for, what you want and expect.
Card 2 is the answer you'll get.
Card 3 is the seed - means that is what you actually do to achieve something, your active input.
Card 4 is the result you'll achieve.

When the cards are laid out, the comparison between card 1 and card 3 can be quite significant - as the comparison between card 2 and card 4.

The cards 5 and 6 are quite flexible in their usage:
Card 5 is the 'bridge' for your call - it shows up what possibilities your call and its echo will open up for you. It also shows what chances are provided or - in case the echo to your call is 'negative' - are left. It is a 'bridge' - a bridge that you can use the best way you need it. If your call needs a bridge, use it for it. If your call was answered perfectly well, take it as a bridge to a proceeding or further improvement. If your call was poor and received the appropriate echo, take it as a bridge to an improvement of your own sweet self..

Same applies for card 6, which is the bridge for your seed and its harvest.

Card 7 finally is the other side of the bridge - the future point where you will land. If this card happens to be a 'bad' one although all those before were 'good', you should fairly think about the whole endeavour once again.
If this card comes out being a 'good' one although all the cards before were lousy, don't forget that all's well that ends well, when the result is worth the effort.