TIMING SPREAD GUYS??

SPIRIT HAWK

Hi my fellow taroists��
Would any of you fab guys know of a really easy accurate timing spread for question readings as in ect 'when will I move?'
Or .. ' when will I meet my next new soul mate? ' all replys welcome and appricated but still a bit of a novice so easier to understand and least cards and system the better thank��you

RunningWild

Not a spread per se, but there is always Nisaba's Timing Method. I've suggested this so often that I should be getting commission any day now (...yeah yeah the check is in the mail).

You can find it here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=151427

Other than that, you can predetermine the period of time that your tarot spread will cover. Say 30 days, 6 months, a year, that sort of thing.

I hope this helps :)

JackofWands

I've also heard of readers using the astrological associations of the Golden Dawn to predict the timing for an event. You would add a "timing" position to a preexisting spread, and then take the zodiac sign of that card as the time-frame. For example, if you pull the Emperor, it suggests that you will move when the sun is in Aries.

This idea originally came from this blog, but it looks like the original post has been deleted. Sorry.

SPIRIT HAWK

Not a spread per se, but there is always Nisaba's Timing Method. I've suggested this so often that I should be getting commission any day now (...yeah yeah the check is in the mail).

You can find it here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=151427

Other than that, you can predetermine the period of time that your tarot spread will cover. Say 30 days, 6 months, a year, that sort of thing.

I hope this helps :)

Hey thanks for the link and reply .
So to recap.. courts are 11 12 13 14 ?
Page knight king queen.
Majors dont have a time more an event before things can be predetermined as in timing .
And you use card you split the deck withafter shuffling? That's my understanding!
šŸ‘thanks :)

SPIRIT HAWK

I've also heard of readers using the astrological associations of the Golden Dawn to predict the timing for an event. You would add a "timing" position to a preexisting spread, and then take the zodiac sign of that card as the time-frame. For example, if you pull the Emperor, it suggests that you will move when the sun is in Aries.

This idea originally came from this blog, but it looks like the original post has been deleted. Sorry.

Thanks for replying yes link has error but its sounds complicated to me ho gosh šŸ™ˆ

Lady Lenore

If I'm not using Nisaba's method, I tend to use either the astrological associations for the card or the season associated with the suit. You can often find conflicting information regarding which suit applies to which season, though, so go with what seems right to you for your particular deck.

tarotlova

Try This!

I have used this spread on numerous occasions and have found it extremely accurate, I got it from The Complete Idiots Guide to Tarot & Fortune Telling.
You lay out the cards in the normal way for a celtic cross, but then you add another card next to each position for example;

1/20 The Querent what surrounds him/her
2/19 Favorable or unfavorable conditions
3/18 Foundation of the matter
4/17 Conditions passing away
5/16 Might materialize
6/15 What will occur
7/14 Negative feelings/fears
8/13 Others and the question,how they feel about it
9/12 What you have to go through
10/11 Final outcome

This spread is good for two fold questions such as, to use the example from the book; When will my new job occur and where?
The Major arcana don't give physical directions but the minor can-
Wands-South
Cups-West
Swords-North
Pentacles-East

You can change these directions to suit your hemesphire, I live in the southern but still use the above version with excellent results. Cards 6 & 10 give the sense of timing and possible direction, so if card 6 and it's cover card 15 are 6 pentacles/Ace Wands and 10 & 11 are The Hierophant/Knight Pentacles the original place of this persons work was east (as the first card drawn was the 8 Pentacles in the example in the book with Judgement) Scince Pentacles = East and Wands= South 2 Pentacles and 1 Wand = South, southeast is where her new job will occur.

Now for the timing;
Cups=Days, Wands=Weeks, Pentacles=Months, Swords= Undetermined-it's up to you because your working it out in your mind.

Ace- through to 10, 1-10 days, weeks or months depending on card of course.
Page- 11 days, weeks or months
Knight- 12 days,weeks or months
Queen & King- unknown time it's up to you!
So using the above example 18 months, (the 6 Pentacles & Knight Pentacles) and 1 week (Ace Wands) she should get her job within that time frame!

I hope you all enjoy this new take on the celtic cross!