TOADies Anonymous.

Thoughtful

Since buying the Thoth and having my Roots of Asia l have not bought another deck. l do get extremely tempted specially coming here and seeing all the new decks. l have to keep myself away from Ebay, l see a deck and think oh yes must have, but l have now developed a wait until tomorrow and see how you feel. It works a charm as the impetus to buy has disappeared.

What l do now is pull a deck from my little collection to see if l can wean myself away from Thoth. That does not work at all as l cannot wait to get back to Thoth.

So Thoth is keeping me on the straight and narrow together with my new found
wait until tomorrow strategy.

l love you Thoth :love: you have saved me a heap of money and now when the dogs need treatment or the car gets sick l don't panic so much.

Well that didn't last long l just orderd another deck :laugh: l need help, l felt so down about the referendum and the only thing that cheers me up is the thought of a nice new shiny deck.

Cocobird55

i ordered the Apokalypsis kit from Amazon, but it won't be here sometime in August. People who have ordered just the deck from Book Depository have been getting theirs, so i ordered a deck from them.

rylla

Interesting, when I ordered the TdP standard (although I already had the LE) and the Apokalypsis I didn't feel like a Toadie (when I ordered other decks I did).

Nemia

I was an extremely well behaved TOADIE and ordered in MONTHS only the Orbifold mini. But now I have ordered in spite of my severe financial difficulties the accompanying book for the New Vision tarot (which I use a lot but some cards puzzle me), and two new decks: Dame Fortune's Wheel and Stretch tarot.

I'm very happy with my tarot collection and hope that for the next few months, my buying urge will be satisfied.

Scarlet Woodland

Holy grails don't count right?........... Riiiight?

If it makes it any better I do feel kind of 'done' now. Hopefully it can just be the odd new release from now on. Barring the remaining holy grail of course :D

EmpressArwen

I need help! I'm an oracle purchaser. I must be stopped.

And today...I saw a post about MY holy grail....Diary of a Broken Soul....I CANNOT. I just can't. No $. Divorce would follow. Children would starve in the streets. Total chaos. Ok...so maybe not THAT bad.lol But definitely,not something I can do....unless someone wants to buy my kidney or ovary or something....My covet level for this deck is so high. Ouch it hurts!

My name is Arwen. I am a TOOADIE. Please send help!

Cocobird55

i know how you feel. Sometimes i can fight it, and other times i have no control.

Maybe sell some decks that you don't use for extra money?

Nemia

I knew that once I start with a tiny little mini deck, I'll start again lusting after decks... I discover that I NEED TdM-inspired decks (and actually also some "real" TdMs...) I NEED the Tarot Noir, Tournant, Trionfi della Luna, Maria Celia....

I need to stop thinking about them !

EmpressArwen

I just removed my credit card from paypal. The temptation was too much. Credit card is now in husband's hands. I can't be trusted!

*they say the first few days of cold turkey quits are the hardest*

haha!

G6

Is there a term for binge purchasing?