I need YOUR opinions. Primary research (questionnaire) for my own Tarot cards

gregory

Ok - I too just saw this.

1. Why do you enjoy Tarot? How seriously do you take it? And what got you into it?
WHY ? That's as easy as saying why I like the taste of bacon. I take it fairly seriously - but NOT as prediction. And I started as a collector pure and simple - being here for a while got me into reading.
2. How much would you spend up to on a Tarot deck that you really liked?
I have paid up to $250. I can't do that any more.
3. How would you feel about Tarot cards being taken into a digital form? (for example a mobile app)
I have no interest AT ALL. I do use Orphalese on my PC sometime - but that's as far as I would ever go. And that uses decks I own in the flesh. I wouldn't like to use a deck that I'd never handled.
4. Would you prefer the physical cards over digital? Or do you appreciate both? Why?
Physical, every time.
5. What is your favorite Tarot deck and why?
Depends what for. For reading, Pagan Cats, probably, this week. For sheer beauty - de la Rea.
6. If you could pick any theme for a deck of Tarot Cards what would it be?
Depends on my mood at the time. I'd be more likely to look at the DECK and the theme would be secondary to my appreciation of the artwork.
7. Would you be prepared to pay more for a handmade personal Tarot deck than one that is printed frequently? Why?
I do, frequently. Usually because it is the only version of that deck available.
8. From the following, which production method would you enjoy in a Tarot deck? (you may pick more than one)
A. Printed with digital artwork [Fine]
B. Printed with hand drawn / painted artwork [Fine]
C. Printed using a more traditional method (for example carved wood acting as a stamp) [Fine]
D. A digital version (animated) [Not even a little interested]
E. Other (please specify) [Nope.]
A deck is a deck. If I have it in my hand - that's what counts. Any method of printing works for me. Digital only or animated - no thanks.
9.How many decks do you own? Do you plan on purchasing more?
Over 2000, and yes.
10. Do you use a combination of Tarot decks (for example a regular deck and romance deck)?
I sometimes combine two tarot decks. I don't use oracles. I don't know what you mean by a "romance deck".
11. Would you say men are generally less represented/interested in Tarot? Why do you think this is?
No, so the second part of your question falls.
12. Have you ever successfully got someone else into Tarot who was not interested in it before? If so how did you do this?
I don't actually know. I share my interest; I've never followed up to see if it affected anyone. I don't go out there hoping to get people into it. So I don't see it as a success sort of thing.
13. Do you still feel you can follow Tarot alongside religion? (if you are not religious, answer with your thoughts on this )
(please also state your religious views if wished)
Yes I do, and I am not religious.
14. Do you feel that Tarot is more popular in certain countries and cultures? What is your evidence for this?
I have no idea and have no evidence to offer. I only know what I have seen in my travels all over the world - which is totally unrepresentative.
Please state your age, gender and nationality / country of residence (only answer this if you are comfortable)
72, female, dual national/resident of Canada and the Disunited Kingdom. :D

Tanga

survey is below
__________________________________________________ _________________

Tarot cards questionnaire

1. Why do you enjoy Tarot? How seriously do you take it? And what got you into it?
The artwork is inspirational, and it's a great self-help as well as others-help tool.
I take it as seriously as putting on my underwear.
I walked into my 1st Occult bookshop when I was 20 and saw decks that I fell in love with.

2. How much would you spend up to on a Tarot deck that you really liked?
Depends how rich I'm feeling at the time... £200.

3. How would you feel about Tarot cards being taken into a digital form? (for example a mobile app)
I already use a lot of Tarot apps. Great! because it means I can carry a number of decks and books around without the bulk and weight in my bag.

4. Would you prefer the physical cards over digital? Or do you appreciate both? Why?
Prefer physical. Digital is convenient for travelling.

5. What is your favorite Tarot deck and why?
Oh Dear!!! What's my favourite?... I'll say it's the Gendron Tarot - because it's wonderfully colourful, new-age, multiracial and cultural and jam-packed full of nature.

6. If you could pick any theme for a deck of Tarot Cards what would it be?
Modern SpellCasting. ;) Just enjoying my copy of the new Modern SpellCaster's Tarot.

7. Would you be prepared to pay more for a handmade personal Tarot deck than one that is printed frequently? Why?
Depends on whether I liked the artwork of handmade one more than the printed one.

8. From the following, which production method would you enjoy in a Tarot deck? (you may pick more than one)

A. Printed with digital artwork []
B. Printed with hand drawn / painted artwork []
C. Printed using a more traditional method (for example carved wood acting as a stamp) []
D. A digital version (animated) []
E. Other (please specify) []
Why?

Other = a mixture of these most likely.

9.How many decks do you own? Do you plan on purchasing more?
At least 74 (several of these have copies or the same in a different size). My personal rule is to keep the number below 80.

10. Do you use a combination of Tarot decks (for example a regular deck and romance deck)?
My collection contains all sorts of theme styles. Some are spooky, some are pretty and romantic, some have a Pagan theme, some are novel - like the 'Tarot of physics' or 'Omegaland Tarot', which has a post-apocalypse wasteland theme, some are the traditional RWS and Marseille and a small number of OOP decks, some are amusing like the 'Housewives Tarot' or 'Halloween Tarot'...

11. Would you say men are generally less represented/interested in Tarot? Why do you think this is?
Possibly. Perhaps women generally - are more interested in assisting others in a 'councillor -type' capacity and delving more into the nitty gritty of self-relfection and personal-development than men. But this could just be a stereotype...or it could be changing.

12. Have you ever successfully got someone else into Tarot who was not interested in it before? If so how did you do this?
Yes. All I did was share what it is and how I practice it daily, including use of my Tarot Apps. The following week this person had downloaded a load of Tarot Apps onto their mobile and have been using it regularly ever since.

13. Do you still feel you can follow Tarot alongside religion? (if you are not religious, answer with your thoughts on this )
(please also state your religious views if wished)

Yes. But I'm Pagan - Tarot is acceptable and encouraged in this spiritual format.

14. Do you feel that Tarot is more popular in certain countries and cultures? What is your evidence for this?
Hmm. Yes.
Where I grew up there was very little in the way of interest or access to Western esotericism and the use of Tarot (3rd world African country). I discovered these when I moved Abroad.
I would imagine by comparison, it's very popular (in certain circles) in the countries in which it was born - Italy, France and England - and other places where it may have easily migrated to from there.

Please state your age, gender and nationality / country of residence (only answer this if you are comfortable)
44 in 3 weeks, female, British.