Sabian Symbols Study Group: Gemini 6 - #66

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: GEMINI
Degree: 6
Number: 66

Symbol: WORKMEN DRILLING FOR OIL.

MCsea

Oh dear George bush IS the antichrist!
look gemini 6 66 number!
and its all about oil ooooooooooo

Oh snide remarks aside..
This is how I see it - you often have a feeling of wanting to reach into or understand the depths of an issue. This entails a certain amount of risk and may require the cooperation of others who have skills in such research. You have the ability to persevere till you succeed. BUT I think the big BUT is - Is it worth the risk???
This symbol also indicates medical procedures, in the darkness – surgery, child birth etc. Drilling for oil - mineral exploration and mapping in such a literal way.
‘Strike it rich’ with this symbol- keep all your options open, and tread carefully!

LYNDA HILL www.sabiansymbols.com says

There's a feeling of wanting to reach into or understand the depths of an issue. This entails a certain amount of risk and may require the cooperation of others who have skills in such a search. As the rewards are often difficult to find and sometimes unsuccessful, it is perseverance that will bring success. You may have to get used to operating in the dark.
Pursuit of material or spiritual wealth. Ambition and the drive to plumb the depths. Psychoanalysis and psychotherapy. Dream analysis. Past life explorations.
The Caution: Putting a great deal of effort into risky activities for uncertain returns. Unceasing work hoping to "strike it rich". Neglecting friends and loved ones whilst focusing on a goal.

ELEMENT - OIL SHALE
Oil shale is a term applied to a group of fine black to dark brown shales rich in organic material (called kerogen) to yield petroleum upon distillation. Oil shale has been used since ancient times and can be used directly as a fuel just like coal. The United States Energy Information Administration estimates the world supply of oil shale at 2.9 trillion barrels of recoverable oil, 750 billion barrels of which are in the United States so much interst in such a dark rock. The modern use of oil shale to produce oil dates to Scotland in the 1850s. In 1847 Dr James Young prepared lighting oil, lubricating oil and wax from coal. Then he moved his operations to Edinburgh where oil shale deposits were found. In 1850 he patented the process of "cracking" oil into its constituent parts. Oil from oil shale was produced in that region from 1857 until 1962 when production was cancelled due to the much lower cost of petroleum.
Enough speculation, spiritually oil shale is dark – so it has organic power to reach the light, it offers an alternate route to finding your alter ego – like in star wars, we have to know ourselves before we can conqure anything else
Black gold, texas tea

tink27

WORKMEN DRILLING FOR OIL. (lower left pulmonary lobe)

From Marina's post, Lynda's quote on this symbol says it all

Lynda said:
There's a feeling of wanting to reach into or understand the depths of an issue. This entails a certain amount of risk and may require the cooperation of others who have skills in such a search. As the rewards are often difficult to find and sometimes unsuccessful, it is perseverance that will bring success. You may have to get used to operating in the dark.
Pursuit of material or spiritual wealth. Ambition and the drive to plumb the depths. Psychoanalysis and psychotherapy. Dream analysis. Past life explorations.
The Caution: Putting a great deal of effort into risky activities for uncertain returns. Unceasing work hoping to "strike it rich". Neglecting friends and loved ones whilst focusing on a goal.

Looking at this symbol, triggered the image of the staff of caduceus carried by the Greek God Hermes. In healing, the staff represents the spinal cord, the snakes, yin and yang (also inner conflicts), the wings the lungs and the ball at the top the pineal gland.

The “wings are the lungs”! We’ve been studying the lungs, upper and lower, in Gemini. When I was fresh out of high school, not knowing exactly what field I wanted to get into, I took an assistant veterinary course. Towards the end of the course we had to dissect an animal (won’t tell you what it was) euthanized in the morning. One the main studies that day was the lungs. Our lungs are two large sacs of membrane suspended within the cage of our ribs. The lungs have no muscles and therefore we have no direct control over them. “Below” our lungs is a large curved muscle called the diagphram. To take a breath ‘We pull the top of this muscle downward’. Doing this “raises” our ribs and makes more room within the rib cage. The lungs now have room to expand. The air pressure outside the lungs is greater than the air pressure within the lungs so air is “pushed into the lungs from outside our body”. This is what we call the ‘act of inhaling’. Remembering and drawing this memory from my reserves was fascinating to me! It’s like digging deep down for data and stimulating it into form.

Spiritually, deep core drilling (breathing) is a way of seeking the nature of the four elements, which alchemists bring forth out of the earth’s belly. Everything we dig (breathe up) triggers certain forces, which of course in turn produces certain effects. The least little event in our lives is recorded in every cell, tissue, bone and molecule in our bodies. When we dip deep, we arouse emotions and feelings that are in a very fragile sleep. Painful traumas and emotions to an intuitive can look black and sticky like unrefined tar.

Oil is formed by heat and pressure from decayed organic substances – just think of the dinosaurs and animals (billions of them) that were drowned by tidal waves and immediately buried in silt (stone dust) and clay. Their sacrifice was a way of contributing to our petroleum supply in the earth – their decomposed bodies seeped into deeply into the crusts of the earth.

Thinking of workmen drilling for oil, especially those just starting out are full of charisma and vitality. Toiling in the heat of the sun, they are looking for money, power, and control, so absorbed in their success they’ll block out anything that stands in their way. To stand out in the world, to be a winner is always great for our ego, but not always for our spiritual growth. Sometimes it is not only the success but the turmoil in our lives that holds the most fertile opportunities.

tink

tink27

Marina, I have a question. It is said that the reshaping of the earth's crust is responsible for the many mineral and fuel deposits. In the age of prehistoric man and the dinosaurs, they say there existed a lot of volanic activity. This would most probably aid in their decay, but which also created from rapid cooling lava, obsidian which actually looks like black glass.

I have a beautiful snowflake obsidian which can be used for grounding and stability. It is also supposed to be good for exposing darkness and opening it to the light - does this stone have a place here? Or does its properties sit elsewhere?

tink

MCsea

Hi Tink, yes indeed the heating of the earth is essential in oil and gas formation more from heating than volcanos, the geology of these deposits is sedimetary 'cooked' - so metamorphic rather than volcanic or igneous -
manily it was swampy - VAST swampy vegetable matter that forms the organic matter need for hydrocarbon formation...
we get shale, slate, limestone, marble sanstone bearing oil (vege swamp) fields,
- obsidian - the practical expression is rising UP, exploding out, realising something new - , I feel - obsidian and snowflake obsidian resonate with other symbols for example -

Obsidian (black) is linked with -
01° 1 A woman rises out of water, a seal rises and embraces her. Realization
vocalnic - the coming OUT of the mantal - the expression is release of a build up - rising up.. also looks like 'deep' water - or seal skin shiney and soft

Snowflake Obsidian
sits with
09° 99 A tiny nude miss reaching in the water for a fish. Inclination
definition taken from - http://www.crystalsandjewelry.com/metaphysicalproperties_s.html
Snowflake obsidian has the property of bringing things to the surface.

The things brought to the surface could be positive or negative, love, anger, secrets; but with snowflake obsidian, these things are brought to the surface more gently that they might be otherwise. Snowflake obsidian can provide balance during times of change. It aids in seeing patterns in life and recreating them in a more beneficial way. It is a stone of serenity and purity, and can shield against negativity. It is associated with the root chakra and is beneficial for the veins, skeleton, and smooth skin. Snowflake obsidian gives protection from physical and emotional harm.

Here the espression of snowflake obsidian - the rising Up the new, brougt from the mantle to the surface - with even the little snowflakes looking possibly like the little fish?

Please let me know how you feel about these placements - I really appreciate feedback - so much, and I am happy to swap elements too
thanks again for your interest too - and support and help!

MARINA

tink27

MCsea said:
Hi Tink, yes indeed the heating of the earth is essential in oil and gas formation more from heating than volcanos, the geology of these deposits is sedimetary 'cooked' - so metamorphic rather than volcanic or igneous -
manily it was swampy - VAST swampy vegetable matter that forms the organic matter need for hydrocarbon formation...
we get shale, slate, limestone, marble sanstone bearing oil (vege swamp) fields,
- obsidian - the practical expression is rising UP, exploding out, realising something new - , I feel - obsidian and snowflake obsidian resonate with other symbols for example -

Obsidian (black) is linked with -
01° 1 A woman rises out of water, a seal rises and embraces her. Realization
vocalnic - the coming OUT of the mantal - the expression is release of a build up - rising up.. also looks like 'deep' water - or seal skin shiney and soft

Snowflake Obsidian
sits with
09° 99 A tiny nude miss reaching in the water for a fish. Inclination
definition taken from - http://www.crystalsandjewelry.com/metaphysicalproperties_s.html
Snowflake obsidian has the property of bringing things to the surface.

The things brought to the surface could be positive or negative, love, anger, secrets; but with snowflake obsidian, these things are brought to the surface more gently that they might be otherwise. Snowflake obsidian can provide balance during times of change. It aids in seeing patterns in life and recreating them in a more beneficial way. It is a stone of serenity and purity, and can shield against negativity. It is associated with the root chakra and is beneficial for the veins, skeleton, and smooth skin. Snowflake obsidian gives protection from physical and emotional harm.

Here the espression of snowflake obsidian - the rising Up the new, brougt from the mantle to the surface - with even the little snowflakes looking possibly like the little fish?

Please let me know how you feel about these placements - I really appreciate feedback - so much, and I am happy to swap elements too
thanks again for your interest too - and support and help!

MARINA

Oh yes! Since starting late in the Sabian Symbols, I never did explore Aries. Reading your post here, had me scrambling for Ted Andrew's book, "Animal-Speak, to understand the seal better. It's keynotes are: Active Imagination, Creativity and Lucid Dreaming - the seal of course is associated with water! But it comes out of the water for rest and mating - they bear their young on land. Ted Andrew's says the seal feels more at home in the water - at some point it must return home.

When we are drained by life's demands wouldn't it be great to just slide on our bellies into the deep waters and be recharged? Most solutions evolve out of the sea of emotions - from above -or a combination of the two. When our imagination takes us on a journey of play and discovery, it breaks the barriers of time and space. We are free to roam freely through the past, present and future - we have entered the labyrinth, a cache of treasures waiting to be awakened, born into the world of experience.

Obsidian then can also be seen as the volcanic fire of women's sexuality - the unknown, the inner womb, the black (unconscious) unknown. Marina, I feel your intuition here is right on!

tink

MCsea

Thanks Tink - the extra Animal speak info is great!

I really appreciate this discussion into the different elements its a big confirmation for me, with 360 'elements' there is just so many harmonies!

MARINA

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 65.jpg
    65.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 226