Astrology Study Group- Part 2

214red

Hey
Having a look over my astrology books and notes from class lastnight I worked out a rough order for the study groups. I think as I have previously said certain information we can find from books, most of us know the basics or have a book to cover such things. The difficulty comes when we try and piece things together, we know what our sunsign means to us, but how does it mean when linked to moon sign? What happens when our sun is in the first house, how does that manifest?

I personally think it’s easier to learn the complicated things about the houses a bit later after the signs, maybe that’s just the way I was taught. I am open to suggestions though as I am no expert. I have listed the topics I can think of in the order I think we should tackle them below. I think it would be nice to have a topic every two weeks, I did think a month but I think that might be a bit too long, and a week too short.

I think we should start off with signs through the houses, some signs can also be grouped as they best discussed together.
Signs through the houses
w/c 26th Oct- General outline of the meaning of each house http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=127298
W/c 2nd Nov-Sun & Moon http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2047772#post2047772
w/c 16th Nov-Mercury http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2061600#post2061600
w/c TBA-Venus & Mars
w/c TBA -Jupiter& Saturn
w/c TBA- Uranus
w/c TBA–Neptune & Pluto
w/c TBA -Moons Nodes (north and south)
w/c TBA-Chiron, Lilith, Juno, Vertex etc

After this I think we should take a deeper look into the houses, and take at least a month to look at this in more depth, will put dates up next year.

Indepth Look at houses
Angles-Angular/Cadent/Succedent
1-6 Me
7- 9 Me & you
10-12 Me, you, & Society
Self-Development, Self-expression, Self-expension, Self-transcendence

Aspects
TBA

I think we need to approach this study group from a personal point of view, look at our charts and friends charts. We also need to stick to the subject, it will get confusing if we start looking at aspects whilst we are reviewing the houses and planets.

How does that sound to everyone?what have I missed?

it might be good also if we all try and have the same type of resources, so perhaps pick a book that we all get to work from (not that we wont use other books and resources)

I am currently using The Twelve Houses by Howard Sasportas amongst others, this is my main book i am using for the houses.

Commitment!!
i think we should all be allowed to dip in when we can, life doesnt follow straight paths, so although we want to commit it might not always be the case, as long as we make an effort thats enough

special events are something we might also want to cover, for instance the Dec 31st eclipse etc
original thread:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=126424&page=3&pp=10

*****Edit****

this is on hold until w/c 21 december as i need to reformat the way i do the posts as it wasnt getting the feedback needed to learn, i am off work that week so i will relaunch it then, sorry for the delay

214red

Names of participants

Names of participants
AJ
Sirenssong
olivia1
franniee
faerieluca
saleeneh
DevilishAngel
Ashtaroot
merissa_88
Kibeth
Manda
silverwings94
lilangel09

olivia1

I have no objection to your study plans- I think it sounds good :). I do commit and I have been studying a lot. I've been personally jumping around the charts a lot (trying to absorb as much as I can) but I will definitely stick to the format in the study plan though (because you are right, it is confusing when we jump around from subject to subject).

As far as the book, I am currently studying Understanding The Birth Chart by Robert Burk. I'm not sure if I can get another astrology book before I finish this one, though (especially since I just got Horary Astrology: Plain and Simple ....and I don't have much space and my spending money comes from my mom).

faerieluca

looks good so far!

AJ

what books are you working with for your classes?

silverwings94

I just found this thead.
Can I join in? I know very little about astrology and would love to learn more.
Kat

214red

olivia1 said:
I have no objection to your study plans- I think it sounds good :). I do commit and I have been studying a lot. I've been personally jumping around the charts a lot (trying to absorb as much as I can) but I will definitely stick to the format in the study plan though (because you are right, it is confusing when we jump around from subject to subject).

As far as the book, I am currently studying Understanding The Birth Chart by Robert Burk. I'm not sure if I can get another astrology book before I finish this one, though (especially since I just got Horary Astrology: Plain and Simple ....and I don't have much space and my spending money comes from my mom).
dont worry about getting another book, we can work it out with the book you have ...am sure it has the same prinicples!!

welcome!!

214red

AJ said:
what books are you working with for your classes?
i personally am going to stick to the two i was told to get for class (not the other 10 i brought because i wanted to jump ahead!!)

The Twelve Houses by Howard Sasportas
Planets in Play by Laurance Hillman

The Twelve houses is my currently astro 'bible'

214red

silverwings94 said:
I just found this thead.
Can I join in? I know very little about astrology and would love to learn more.
Kat
welcome to the party Kat!

lilangel09

I'd also like to participate. :) Eagerly waiting for the 30th!