Full Moon in Leo Sat 30th Jan 2010

214red

Hi

Thought i would start a full moon discussion as you know i am obsessed with it, i found an article here:

http://astrology.about.com/od/themoon/qt/FullMoonLeo.htm

anyone have some more articles, and also how will this affect us potentionally.

I started dating a leo, as per my other post, and am interested on the effect it might have on him or me.

and also i havent nailed how the full moons really work in relation to you chart.

Nik

firecatpickles

My moon is in Leo so wondering what effect it will have, as most probably now will have transiting Moon conjunt natal Moon.

The article linked talks about Sun Leos and the Moon's effect on them, but Sun sign astrology is practically decried here. Instead perhaps one should be looking at their moon's aspects?

214red

yes firecat, i only know natal astrology, when it comes to transits etc i am clueless so am looking any imput

firecatpickles

I, too am clueless lol.

This is what cafeastrology.com says ( http://www.cafeastrology.com/transitsofthemoon.html )

"[Transiting Moon conjunct Moon] marks the start of your personal lunar month. You are emotionally charged now. You should be aware that your current state of mind can, in an indirect way, determine much about how you will be feeling in the month ahead. As such, make it as positive as you can. Honor your feelings, reach into your well, and pull out the feelings that support your larger goals. Familiarity, a sense of belonging, and emotional connections fuel your spirit now more than usual. You are more sensitive and responsive than you are typically. Relationships with significant women in your life may be especially prominent now."

Minderwiz

214red said:
Hi

anyone have some more articles, and also how will this affect us potentionally.

and also i havent nailed how the full moons really work in relation to you chart.

Nik

Firstly, it depends what you mean by 'us'. I suspect from your last point you're looking at this solely in the context of natal Astrology. Lunations and especially eclipses are more important at a mundane level. Our Calendar is originally derived from a lunar one and still retains 'months' which is a lunar term. From a Mundane point of view knowledge of lunations was vital for keeping track of time and performing the required rituals and preparations for seasonal change.

From a personal point of view lunations may not be so important - though some people are affected by the lunar cycle (My wife for one).

It's also important to distinguish between an eclipse (either solar or lunar) and a lunation (New or Full Moon). All eclipses are lunations but not all lunations are eclipses (in the popular sense).

An eclipse will be natally important if it falls one degree or less from a conjunction or opposition to natal Sun, natal Moon or natal Ascendant or MC. Lunations will be less important but still have a stronger effect than merely a transit by the Sun or Moon.

If the lunation has it's Sun conjunct natal Sun, then it occurs at the time of the Solar Return and Dave may have some comments on that!

If the lunation has it's Moon conjunct the natal Moon then it occuse at the time of a Lunar Return and they too were seen as having predictive importance (though not necessarily as strong as a Solar Return)

Lunation Sun and natal Moon and Lunation Moon and Natal Sun are strong transits of Sun and Moon respectively. One could also look for lunar and solar transits of natal planets, but again an orb of one degree is all I'd normally allow and I'd only bother with conjunctions and oppositions and possibly squares. It's quite possible though that the transits covered in this paragraph will be little noticed, unless you are particularly susceptible to such transits generally.

One area that is often neglected but is likely to be far more interesting and useful than the natal connections is the use of lunations for Election charts - setting the start of a new project or activity or major change in your life to fall at a New Moon. Of course you would also be checking that the chart as a whole is auspicicious not simply that it is at a lunation.

GoddessArtemis

I have my MC in Leo in the 10th house at 4°09'07. I generally like the full moon in Leo.

Here's a bit more info on this coming full moon: http://tinyurl.com/yd3km3j

GA

214red

My 5th house is Leo, i have Leo Mercury/Venus/saturn

Mercury-2 degress
Venus-6 degrees
Saturn-5 degrees

transits
My natal sun is conjunct the moon
My natal mercury is conjunct the moon
my natal moon is square the moon
my natal venus is conjunct the moon

I was interested because my natal chart with the transits looks interesting, and my leo planets are in the early degreess of leo, and the moon is only 11 degrees.

am curious about what i should feel, and what likely will be the affect. I usually get affected by the moon being a cancerian.

Nik

Minderwiz

Well the Moon will be at 10 degrees 14 minutes so it will have transited your Leo planets before the Full Moon. However it will be in partile conjunction with your Part of Fortune, so I'd be interested if that sparks some good luck or improvement in your fortunes!

For GA it will be well past the MC.

Now if you normally are affected by Moon transits or Sun transits, there will still be some effect if that occurs before or after the New Moon (depending on your chart). If you are sensitive to lunations, like my wife, you will still be affected at the Full Moon, even if there's no chart factor.

214red

Minderwiz said:
Well the Moon will be at 10 degrees 14 minutes so it will have transited your Leo planets before the Full Moon. However it will be in partile conjunction with your Part of Fortune, so I'd be interested if that sparks some good luck or improvement in your fortunes!

For GA it will be well past the MC.

Now if you normally are affected by Moon transits or Sun transits, there will still be some effect if that occurs before or after the New Moon (depending on your chart). If you are sensitive to lunations, like my wife, you will still be affected at the Full Moon, even if there's no chart factor.

i am loony when the moon is out:)
i wondered if it hit me earlier as yesterday was weird and this morning i felt and still feel not as happy as i should do after yesterday, i feel a bit disjointed. I was surprised by something a leo said to me yesterday, and am hoping the moon brings good luck for my flat move....i am meant to move next week and i have no place to move too

Thanks Minderwiz as usual

Kibeth

Most odd. Got my fingers on one of those Chinese divinations they hand out on Thursday, old Buddhist temple. The slip said something pertaining to the Full Moon and how it never shows its true beauty when hidden by clouds, not sure what that meant. Walked out into the evening, exclaimed: there's a Full Moon tonight! Pulled out three cards when I got home, for clarification and no particular spread:

The High Priestess, The High Priest, The Moon

Something's afoot for sure with this recurring Moon symbol but I do not know what it is!