Study Group Post 2- Sun and Moon through the houses

214red

Hi
Sorry for the delay, have been away for work which threw a spanner in the works and meant i couldnt finish typing up my notes so had to look through the internet instead

The Sun
Rules Leo
Keywords
Life , Heart , Will , Vitality , Father – in a patriarchal society, Essence , Consciousness , Development , Identity.
Through the houses
• in the 1st House - Exciting events always seem to be going on when a First House Sun is around. Things start happening when this person enters a room - action constantly follows this character. A healthy degree of self-esteem and bravery also emerges when the chips are down.

• in the 2nd House - If a person is born with a Second House Sun, the emotions and well-being often hinge on attaining wealth. Or there is a desire to appear as if it's already been achieved. This person is not easily moved into strongly suggested directions and stubbornness will accompany the Sun's energy in this house.
• in the 3rd House - With the Sun in the Third House, communication skills will be enhanced. Stronger connections with siblings commonly result in an individual making lifelong friends of brothers, or sisters. Habitual short trips, darting in and about the community and rarely staying in one spot for long are traits that are deeply ingrained.

• in the 4th House - A person born with the Sun in the Fourth House will have compelling domestic connections, or identify with home in a very strong way. Some of the best parents are born with this nurturing chart placement - whether male or female. father might not be physically

• in the 5th House - Having the Sun in the Fifth House will push the creative urges into overdrive. Art, sports, clubs, acting, or anything that requires creativity will be of great interest.

• in the 6th House - With a Sixth House Sun, this person will either be of service to others, or the opposite will be true. It's common for this person to prefer hands-on work, as opposed to being an administrator, despite the fact that they're gifted with the ability to govern.

• in the 7th House - A person with a birth chart with a Seventh House Sun will spend much of the lifetime focusing on relationships. This person will possess a natural social ease and consequently a great degree of popularity with people, even if the Sun is afflicted by harder aspects.

• in the 8th House - Whenever there is a need to transform, this placement of the Sun brings the talent of personal regeneration to the foreground. There is a need to guard against self-absorption and unnecessary rebuilding, as the eighth house can also be prone to extremes.
• in the 9th House - With the Sun being in the Ninth House of freedom, philosophy and education, it's not uncommon to see this person aspire, to become as highly developed as is humanly possible. A love of travel and knowledge of other cultures, also comes quite naturally.

• in the 10th House - Tenth House Sun people want to be recognized for their work, period. Whatever this person interprets as measurable career recognition, is what will satisfy the inner self. Often gifted with the ability to inspire others with examples of real world success.

• in the 11th House - A person born with an Eleventh House Sun, can gain influential friends through associations with clubs, pools or any other organized gathering of people. Although a desire to be at the head of crowd gatherings exists, there is also distinct absence of power lusting.
• in the 12th House - As the Sun delves into the Twelfth House, people born with this placement, are ultimately just as mysterious as the house itself. The last house of the Zodiac has a reputation for being full of illusions - things often aren't what they seem to be with a twelfth house person. Living in the background, watching and learning is what this character prefers.

Taken from: http://astrology.suite101.com/article.cfm/sun_signs_in_the_houses#ixzz0VzUzCSLZ

The Moon
Rules Cancer
Keywords
Feeling – how we feel, Soul , Instinct , Mother –what type of mother we need, Security, Fertility , Home, Moods , Feminine , Impressionability , Sixth Sense, receptivity, vulnerability.

‘The moon is associated with a person's emotional make-up, unconscious habits, rhythms, memories and moods. It is also associated with the mother, maternal instincts or the urge to nurture, the home, and the past.’

1st house: People with the moon in the first house are usually hyper sensitive. Although they are very restless, easily changed and easily hurt, they are quick and easy at making new adjustments when needed. Their feelings constantly change which means that it is hard for them to make lasting plans. They need a partner who can respect them, be loyal and cope with the frequent mood swings. They care a lot about physical appearance and appearing healthy.

in 2nd house: People with the moon placed in the second house get a lot of emotional security from their money and material possessions. Emotional insecurity occurs when there are problems with finances.

3rd house: People with the moon in the third house are very good at remembering things in excellent detail. They are not very well suited for repetitive or routine job as they have to keep their mind focused. They are frequently in their own world, daydreaming or living in a world of fantasy.

4th house: They have a great love for Mother Nature and outdoors. Their life is full with strong influence from parents and domestic influences.

5th house: People that have the moon in the fifth house will often try to keep their children as home for as long as possible and be slow on letting them go out on their own and to become independent. These people can often find themselves becoming impulsive gamblers.

6th house: The moon in the sixth house often makes people very restless in nature. They can be strongly depended upon by others. These people tend to worry a lot and are very sensitive; this means that they are easily hurt by things.

7th house: These people are characterized by a flexibility to fit in anywhere and possess a strong desire for social acceptance. They don’t like being alone, this may cause them to marry early; their partner is likely to be very moody and overly sensitive.

8th house: These people feel that they have a strong sense of duty and obligation to others. They are very sensitive to social demands.

9th house: These people have an innovative mind and are dreamers. They hold strong beliefs. They usually have one subject that they become deeply involved with and spend a lot of time studying; they enjoy sharing knowledge on this subject to others. They are usually interested in philosophy and the search for metaphysical truths. Practical knowledge is often obtained through dreams or meditation.

10th house: They have a strong desire for recognition and for a good reputation. Their feelings are often dominated by a desire for achievement.

11th house: They are often very popular with a wide circle of friends, especially women. They have a very wide range on interests that sometimes they may appear to others as being superficial. Their emotional security is strongly tied to their circle of friends and relationships.

12th house: Being in the twelfth house, a house of closed doors, these people often feel emotionally isolated from others. They are subject to emotional chaos and have difficulty to freely express their emotions. They are sensitive and tend to get easily hurt due to having fragile feelings. Others may view them as emotionally withdrawn or lonely. Can be psychically linked to their mothers

Taken from :
http://www.mysticboard.com/basics-of-planets-and-houses/moon-in-the-twelve-houses.html

214red

For Summary of the thread

For Summary of the thread

dadsnook2000

Narrowing the broad coverage given

I'd like to suggest that the group consider narrowing the broad coverage given --- 24 house/planet positions could lead to a wide dispersal of comments that could be confusing to follow.

SUN IN THE FIRST HOUSE (natal chart characteristics and potential:
** Outwardly: Decisive in choosing a direction or action to take, taking a leadership role, exercising authority, knowing one's purpose and tending to act upon that purpose, presenting a vital presence.
** Inwardly: Taking pride in who you are and what you do, having a strong ego in your sense of knowing yourself and acting with purpose, being able to show your interest in something lends that activity legitimacy and importance -- others should recognize this. An attitude of self-importance.
** Circumstances/Situations: Fame, prominence, integration of various activities or goals, acting so as to receive recognition. Involvement with legal activities as part of one's life experience in some way.
** Health: The heart and spine, vitality level (affected by aspects, etc.), one's physical and mental strength.

MY EXPERIENCE WITH SUN IN THE FIRST HOUSE:
I don't have this house position for my Sun, but the historical figure, Queen of France Catherine De Medicis was born with Sun in the first, only two degrees past the ascendant. Wife of King Henry II, she could make astute political decisions that were in line with her family background, and exercised her political interests through her sons (three of which became Kings, if I'm not mistaken). One of her infamous decisions was to cause the death of some 10,000 protestants, marked with a St. Bartholomew's Feast Day on August 24th, 1572 and later followed by the continued killing of more Huguenot's in the weeks and months that followed. So, she could be summed up as being controling, seeking to be recognized for her power and influence, etc.

The above is an example of how I would focus on one "planet" in one house so as to keep the discussion somewhat focused. First, my view of how a planet in a house could be seen/interpreted and, secondly, how I see me or someone I know as demonstrating that position. A suggestion. Dave

214red

i put all the combinations up so that we can spend the next two weeks discussing examples of the sun and moon in houses, if not we would spending a year just with the sun and the moon.

in an ideal situation we would focus a bit more, but this is not an ideal situation.

To start my part of the discussion, i have my 4th house sun, and 12th house moon.

Sun in the 4th:
my 4th house is linked to my father, who was absent for most of the time, popping back once in a while for fleeting visits.
My personal development is more important then my outside would accomplishments. i struggled to find an identity away from my family, and infact had to run away to do so which was against my families wishes. Roots and culture are most important to me, and it is hard to balance them with looking into the future.My home represents more of my personality, and i need a safe refuge.

moon in 12th
psychically linked to my mother
i used to take on other peoples emotions (have learnt to defend myself now)
in childhood the lines between reality and dreams were often blurry
very unusual relationship with my mother
I am a medium
when scared i retreat back into my safe place
very able to view all aspects of a point of view, which means politics is a good route to go into.
difficult pre-natal experience

lilangel09

What does it mean when your Sun and Moon are in the same house? Do they conflict with each other or work together towards the same purpose?

214red

not sure what this would mean, hopefully one of the more experienced members could advise....

Minderwiz

lilangel09 said:
What does it mean when your Sun and Moon are in the same house? Do they conflict with each other or work together towards the same purpose?

Well such a person would be born around New Moon. The Moon moves on average just over 13 degrees per day, so if you were using the equal house system it would move through a house in just over two days - on average a person with this configuration would be born on the day of the New Moon. Obviously if you use a quadrant house system, this becomes a more fluid situation. On the basis that the birth occurs at or near the New Moon, from a psychological perspective we have a congruence of natural drives with the emotional urges and feelings. Such a person feels at ease with themselves (all other factors being constant) and the house in which the New Moon occurs is the area of life that they will most easily express who they are in a fairly easy and well directed way (from their point of view). Aspects from other planets would modify the degree to which this rather unified self can easily express itself.

A more traditional view would modify the view according to essential dignity (mainly sign placement) of the two planets. An essentially dignified Sun would express very confidently, with gravity and soberness in words and actions, ill dignified it would express more as arrogance, a domineering demeanour and a feeling that the world owes them a living. The area of life in which this manifests is again shown by the house placement. The dignity of the Moon would also modifiy the nature. A dignified Moon brings composed manners, a soft tender nature, a love of novelties, loving peace but living more for the 'now'. Poor dignity would bring fickleness, dislike of work, a sort of wanderlust, someone who is never content with their lot, no matter how good (or bad) that is.

So the precise meaning would depend on dignity (for the traditional Astrologer) and aspects (both modern and traditional). Having determined how well the Sun and Moon will express their qualities, we can combine - both good, things will go well for both expressions, Sun good, Moon weak - the Sun will tend to dominate but not express as well as both good. Sun weak, Moon good, the Sun will still be the dominant planet but the overall situation is likely to be on the weaker side and of course if both are weak then there will be difficulty in expressing the qualities of Sun and Moon.

Bear in mind that 'weak' here means not getting it right - too loud is as bad as too soft - so the person may feel they are doing very well, when they are actually perceived as being overbearing and unable to concentrate on matters in hand or knuckle down to what has to be done.

If this occurs in an angular house then it's likely to be a dominant trait, or at lest show up regularly in the way the native lives their life, in the twelfth it might not be easily noticable for much of the time.

I don't really like making general statements without a chart to base them on, so please take the above as considerations rather than anything hard and fast.

AmethystEyes

• in the 3rd House - With the Sun in the Third House, communication skills will be enhanced. Stronger connections with siblings commonly result in an individual making lifelong friends of brothers, or sisters. Habitual short trips, darting in and about the community and rarely staying in one spot for long are traits that are deeply ingrained.

Well I sure do alot of talking! lol I was very close to my sis, still am in a way but our lives are changing. She was my best friend as a child. I do move around alot, in lots of ways.

12th house: Being in the twelfth house, a house of closed doors, these people often feel emotionally isolated from others. They are subject to emotional chaos and have difficulty to freely express their emotions. They are sensitive and tend to get easily hurt due to having fragile feelings. Others may view them as emotionally withdrawn or lonely. Can be psychically linked to their mothers

Very true. And my moon is Scorpio and Sun in Aquarius! No wonder I have such a hard time showing my feelings! I am sensitve and have fragile feelings, but like it was said, I don't show it. Hmm not sure if others see me that way, would have to ask them. Not sure what is meant my the last part about mothers.

puppydung

Sun in 7th House - Well, it's true that my primary goal is to find a "perfect" one-to-one relationship which I could be benefit from that person (in an intellectual, emotional, spiritual or financial aspect). It's not necessarily mean that the relationship has to be love/marriage type, but a long-lasting friendship/ business partnership is also put into account. I think another influence of 7th house Sun is also the requirement for a equal marriage. I will marry you if you can show me that we can share everything with each other (quite idealistic in its own view). Again, I think it will also depend on the sign occupied the cusp to determine how the view on partnership/marriage will go.

My Sun in exactly conjunct the DS, thus it opposites the ASC. There is another aspect of this 7th Sun, that is someone who doesn't know their identity when they were young. I, for example, can't define who I am when I was a little child. If I want to do something, I will try to seek for approval from my parents/ friends so that I know that they won't be upset. That manner didn't give me any power for my own; thus, create a uncertainty about my self-worth issue. Later on, I have to go through a period of anti-social so that I can connect with my psyche, my life, and my goal to know who I am, and what I really need in this world. This example gives me an assumption that early 7th house Sun (conjunct DS) will have to go through many adjustments to find their position (depend on the sign the Sun is) when interacting with other people.

7th House somehow relates to our marriage partnership. Thus, the placement of this house's ruler gives some insights about our marriage type/ where to meet him/her. Yet, if there is any planet in the 7th House, does it clarify the characteristic of this partner? Like the 7th house Sun will likely to marry/love a happy, sunny character who can process a great charm/power to everyone?

214red

DevilishAngel said:

Well I sure do alot of talking! lol I was very close to my sis, still am in a way but our lives are changing. She was my best friend as a child. I do move around alot, in lots of ways.
my mate have has a 3rd house sun, and she gets on with her siblings but she finds it hard to find a separate identity from her siblings, and find a role for her in the family. she also has a small amount of rivalry. there is also meant to be an issue with early schooling in this house two.