02-20-04 Pisces New Moon Report

isthmus nekoi

As a new Piscean moon kicks off the next lunation, I’m happy to say that the heavens have calmed down considerably since the last Aquarius-Leo cycle. This new moon has a heavy focus on water, and the moon-sun conjunction in gentle, shifting Pisces signal that the driven if not dogmatic power struggles from before are now giving way to a more intuitive, empathetic and receptive vibe.

While a Piscean moon is extremely receptive, it often lacks intellectual detachment or clarity. Shocking Uranus, adjusting to its deep submerge into Pisces, touches our moon in a conjunction giving this dreamy, mutable moon a jolt of sudden unexpected insight although perhaps not the usual straightforward manner. Adding to this dreamy cognition is Mercury’s wide conjunction to Neptune. There is a strong melding b/w Aquarian and Piscean energies right now; ideals and dreams can really come to the forefront.

It’s not all fuzzy logic and wishful thinking w/this new moon however, w/a favourable trine from a retrograding Saturn lending our sun-moon-Uranus stellium a sense of structure, planning and realism. Mars’ trine to Jupiter, sextile to Saturn and square from Neptune means this Mars is ready and committed to stick to your grand plans. This is a good cycle to dream big and then act upon it; anything unusual and compassionate is supported by the stars.

While the Jupiter-Pluto square still holds, Venus’ sextile to Neptune and trine to Pluto indicates an ease in relating that was lacking in the previous two lunations.

Overall, this is a time of contemplation and receptivity. While you may have trouble explaining things on an empirical, rational level, understanding is being fostered on a deep, psychic level. The psychological drives are no longer zealous desires for domination, but of a need to care for others, to adapt and release, and to dream. This is not a time to clarify and organize, but rather to view things more holistically.

poivre

I'm not good at astrology but I enjoy reading these threads. It helps me to understand & put together little things that I know.

skytwig

Water, water.... my kind of 'stuff', being a Dbl Cancer......

So will this soften or intensify the Saturn in Cancer effect?

Minderwiz

Hi Skytwig,

Saturn just doesn't like being in Cancer - He's comfortable when he's cold and dry - all this cold water makes him unhappy :(

Even worse when he gets through Cancer he has to pass into Leo. Cancer's too wet and Leo's too hot. It's detriment all the way till he gets to the earthiness of Virgo.

Strangely enough he likes Air signs - he rules the Air triplicity so things get even better when he moves into Libra where he's exalted.

So for the next few years you have to put up with a rather grumpy Saturn, I'm afraid.

poivre

Star IQ ...

"Saturn in watery Cancer, though, tempers amibition with subjective needs that require attention."

isthmus nekoi

Saturn in Cancer seeks emotional security and stability. w/Uranus conj the sun-moon conjunction, I think stability is not on the menu this lunation, but the watery weight of the chart means old Kronos is on the same wavelength w/the Piscean/Neptune flow.

skytwig

Thanks, Minderwiz, ros, and isthmus....... sigh.... kinda like having an elephant in my chart..... but I like elephants, so I'm sure Saturn will become a friend at some point...... :)

Moongold

I think this news belongs here!

Moon's close encounters are a stargazer's delight
From the Melbourne Age 21 February 2004

Astronomers are in for a busy time with a rare alignment of the planets and a mission to land on a far-away comet, writes Stephen Cauchi.

The next few days will keep astronomers busy with an astronomical spectacle visible in Australia from next Monday.

There is also possibly the largest object discovered in the solar system since Pluto in 1930 and the launch of a mission to explore a comet.

The astronomical spectacle is the rendezvous of the moon with a number of planets. On Monday and Tuesday, the moon will appear next to Venus. On Thursday, it will appear next to Mars.

On Monday, March 1, Saturn will be its companion, and on Saturday, March 7 it will be Jupiter.

The pairing with Venus will be especially spectacular because the two objects are the brightest in the night sky. Unfortunately, they will be visible for only a short time after sunset.

Astronomical Society of Victoria president Perry Vlahos said pairings of the moon and planets were fairly rare. "It'll take (stargazers) on a tour of the solar system. They'll be able to watch the moon go right past them," he said.

Mr Vlahos said that as the planets were among the brightest objects in the night sky, stargazers would have no trouble identifying them when they were paired off with the moon.

Disappointingly, what may be the largest object discovered in the solar system since 1930 is not visible to stargazers. According to the website space.com, astronomers have discovered a frozen world on the fringes of the solar system that is between 840 and 1880 kilometres wide. If the latter is true, it will be the biggest object discovered since Pluto.

The new object, called 2004 DW, was found in a region known as the Kuiper Belt. The Kuiper Belt is thought to be where comets originate and one of these comets, Churyumov-Gerasimenko, will be the target of a European Space Agency mission due to blast off on Thursday from French Guiana.

Called Rosetta, it will take until May 2014 to reach the four-kilometre-wide comet. It will fly past Mars once and the Earth three times in a complicated trajectory to gather enough speed to catch its quarry. Once it reaches its target, Rosetta will study how the comet changes as it moves closer to the sun.

In November 2014, Rosetta will drop a lander onto the comet's surface.
Unfortunately, the lander was built for another target, Comet Wirtanen, which is smaller than Churyumov-Gerasimenko and has less gravity. The target had to be changed because of problems with the ESA rocket, Ariane 5.

While mission planners believe the lander can handle the additional stresses, they will only find out once Rosetta reaches its target.

Moongold

TemperanceAngel

This Cancer cusp Leo with the Sun and Moon on the Cancer/Leo cusp and Pisces Rising is feeling very drained. Sleep has never been a big point for me, but in the last week or so...loads of it, but still feeling tired.
Are you feeling like this Skytwig?

Friday and Saturday in, inner city Melbourne was quite crazy in a driving sense...very scary. People just not looking at what they were doing and driving all over the place, no indicators etc.

The other thing I noticed on Friday and Saturday in the inner city was the amount of people really out of it on drugs, I mean really out of it, sleeping standing up in the middle of the Bourke St. Mall and things such as this.

I was talking to an astrologer about it yesterday and she was saying that this is the flip side of the Uranus - Pisces - New Moon. People either become more open in a spiritual sense and the other end of the spectrum is through drugs.

I really thought that this weekend was a good one to stay at home!

XTAX

Moongold

The Power of Pisces

I've had better times than the last few weeks. Today was particularly difficult. Jillian and I had a nice dinner at Soul Mama's facing the Bay, and she wasn't in the best of moods either for various good reasons..

I was supposed to catch up on work today but couldn't because of a migraine which passed this afternoon but left me feeling ill and jagged.

I sat down at the PC this evening to look at Aeclectic and was reflecting on TemperanceAngel's Pisces post, particularly her observations of people spaced out on drugs in the city and surrounding inner urban areas. This took my mind off my own issues and I began to think.

I work in Drug and Alcohol rehab. and our Art Therapist remarked the other day how Art Therapists often see addicts as "emotionally gifted". By that she meant very sensitive and I had to agree with her. This sensitivity is a double edged sword for many. I wondered what it would be like if people were able could live with this sensitivity more creatively. I had printed off my transit chart and began to write some of my own reflections on the Moon in Pisces when something made me turn around.

Water was creeping across the carpet towards me. My God!! The hose had come adrift from the washing machine in the laundry of my small unit, and water was quietly flooding in to the lounge room. I had heard sounds of the washing machine, but nothing else untoward. Little Morgaine had miaowed a little anxiously and jumped on my back but I rather absentmindledly offloaded her and went on looking at my transits for this week.

I am a Pisces Moon and at present the Full Pisces Moon is transiting my 6th House which those astrologically inclined will know is the House of home and work. I also have Saturn in Cancer at present, and if ever there was a practical demonstration of the power of the planetary energies this is one. My transits chart is heavily weighted to Water at present.

The last half hour has been spent mopping up with every towel and dry sheet that I have, and every bit of newsaper that I can find. I think that most of it is up now, but the lounge room carpet is deeply wet. Fortunately my cameras on the floor near the book care are in a water proof carry case

I cannot quite believe I was sitting at my desk writing about the Pisces Moon whilst the lounge room was flooding :D.

I will probably take a break soon. Think I am overdue for one!

Moongold