App for Android showing transits

ivanna

I would like to know if anyone here knows a good app for android. What I am most interested is that this app is able to show the transits and for how long will they be transiting a house or a sign. I suppouse this shold be possible to know.
Well, I don't really care if its an app or a pc software. I thought first about an app because is nice to have it on my phone, but really don't mind.
What I would like to know is where can I know for example, during how many time Jupiter will be transiting a house, from when to when.
Thank you.

Minderwiz

So would I LOL.

The range of good Astrology apps for Android is conspicuous by their absence, unless you are into Vedic Astrology. There are two that I use, but neither is free.

Planetdance is actually the best for what you are likely to need from the description and its cost is really only token. The interface is now quite good, though the selection of 'cities' within each country could be better presented, as it involves scrolling down a long list and if the place you are after begins with one of the last letters of the alphabet, it can take some moments.

It does have a transit graph module that can be customised to meet your requirements, allowing you to look at past, present or future transits and cut out the planets that you don't want. It will now import qck files, so if you have Astrology software on your PC that can handle those, then you can swap data. Planetdance cam be accessed through Google Play Store from your phone/tablet

AstroApp is a web based Astrology program, which will run on anything that is internet compatible and has a 'decent' browser. The good thing is that it will therefore run on your PC, and this brings out the best of it. The other good thing is that it has a wide range of functions, including transits, but you can do real high powered stuff on it. It's fully functioning professional quality but using it on a phone is rather limited by the screen size. That being said, it does have a mobile interface that allows you to create charts easily on the phone for later analysis on the PC.

The bad news is that it's expensive (see my review: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=223797)

Highly recommended if you are into Astrology and useful for short bursts if you are not because you can subscribe for a month and easily drop the subscription thereafter. It's multi-platform, so I can run my copy on PC, Chromebook, Nexus 7 and Galaxy S4. and access the same files on any of those.

So if you wanted to do a project on your Jupiter transits and always have it to hand, then it's great but if you are simply looking for something to do occasional charts then Planetdance is much better and a one off very low cost.

ivanna

Thank you so much, I think the first one is enough and affordable for me.
The second one, is expensive for the use I will give it. Thanks, I will get the first one!