living in a different place

ivanna

Hello! Another newbie question.
When using astro.com or similar webs to get a natal chart with transits, what happens with the location in case that the actual is differen that the place wehre your were born? Does it makes any difference? Do I have to introduce the actual place where I live to get the transits, or they only affect to the place where you were born even when you are not longer living there.
Thaaanks so much

Minderwiz

You will find Astrologer who do both of those, it's one of the issues that you will find discussed quite often.

We had a recent thread on the topic of solar returns, which raised the same issue:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=230347

I would say that you would only change the location to the one where the person happens to be living, if the move is a permanent one. You would not do it if they happened to be on holiday or on a business trip.

I use my current location for transits and solar returns, even though I wasn't born here but I have lived here for over forty years.

ivanna

Ok. For mr is more logic to look the current transits based on where you live. This is my case. I live since 20 years in a different place. But now how it should work?
My natal chart must be done using the city in which I was born. But when studing current transits? I get a new chart based on where I live now? And what do I do? I draw on it the situation on the planets when I was born on a diferent place to know how they rrlate to the transits?

Minderwiz

I should have added to that last post, that I moved fifty miles away. This resulted in my latitude North increasing by 20 minutes of arc and my longitude West increasing by 29 minutes of arc. So my Ascendant changes very little indeed. That means that I can't really test to see if there's any serious difference in my predictions, using the relocated chart.

Also if you get small discrepancies between the relocated chart and the natal chart with one or two planets shifting house, when using a quadrant system, there's the need to ask whether that is due to the house system or to a real relocation effect. Arguably a consistent use should provide the answer but the differences produced by quadrant house systems is one of Astrology's weak points.

If you've move a fair distance your chart might look radically different. Then is the time to test whether the natal chart or the relocated chart give you the better results.

To test you would need to cast a chart for your time and date of birth using your current location and then compare the transits over a long period. As you've been in your current location fro twenty years, looking back on that period might well help. If like me you have minor changes, then really you can use either location and get virtually the same results.

ivanna

I should have added to that last post, that I moved fifty miles away. This resulted in my latitude North increasing by 20 minutes of arc and my longitude West increasing by 29 minutes of arc. So my Ascendant changes very little indeed. That means that I can't really test to see if there's any serious difference in my predictions, using the relocated chart.

Also if you get small discrepancies between the relocated chart and the natal chart with one or two planets shifting house, when using a quadrant system, there's the need to ask whether that is due to the house system or to a real relocation effect. Arguably a consistent use should provide the answer but the differences produced by quadrant house systems is one of Astrology's weak points.

If you've move a fair distance your chart might look radically different. Then is the time to test whether the natal chart or the relocated chart give you the better results.

To test you would need to cast a chart for your time and date of birth using your current location and then compare the transits over a long period. As you've been in your current location fro twenty years, looking back on that period might well help. If like me you have minor changes, then really you can use either location and get virtually the same results.

I moved from one city in mainland to the balearic islands, which means 600 kms aprox. I think is enough distance to get different results. Would you consider better for me to make a natal chart based on where I live now?

Minderwiz

I moved from one city in mainland to the balearic islands, which means 600 kms aprox. I think is enough distance to get different results. Would you consider better for me to make a natal chart based on where I live now?

I'd suggest you use both your existing natal chart and one set for your current location. Then use them to see which yields the best results for transits/directions/progressions/time lords (or whatever prediction methods you settle on) If you find your natal chart works best or you can find no significant detectable differences then keep to your natal chart. If the re-located one works best then swap to that. Don't rush, make it a long term project and you can used the relocated chart for other things, like comparing the natal analysis from each and deciding which fits you best, over the last few years.

ivanna

I'd suggest you use both your existing natal chart and one set for your current location. Then use them to see which yields the best results for transits/directions/progressions/time lords (or whatever prediction methods you settle on) If you find your natal chart works best or you can find no significant detectable differences then keep to your natal chart. If the re-located one works best then swap to that. Don't rush, make it a long term project and you can used the relocated chart for other things, like comparing the natal analysis from each and deciding which fits you best, over the last few years.

Ok, thank you, this is what I will do. I will make today a natal chart based on my current location and will see what happens