Planets in the 12th House

The_Hydra

Hydra,

I can understand your love and hate relationships with 12 house planets. My natal Sun is in 12th house, Aquarius.

However there are lots of other factors in your chart, that could contribute to how you feel/what you experience. For one - as Minderwiz already mentioned - both Sun and Moon are in last degrees of their sign. That makes me think, that you and your family experienced some life-turning events soon after you were born. Both - your Sun and Moon progressed from Air signs into water ones and progression to Water (emotions) is never easy for Air (mind). so I'd say, search your first two/two and half years and get as many skeletons out of the family closet as you can - they can hold a key to healing.

As for relationships - 5th house Uranus and Neptune could be contributing to the way you describe them even more than 12th house Venus. 5th house is fun and sexual encounters, but also creative expression in all it's forms. With natal Libra Moon, you could try to channel your experience in arts, especially ones, that have something to do with spontaneity and improvisation (Uranus in 5th) as well as being on stage (Leo rising/Leo Venus and Mars). So what about trying out music/drama therapy or hobby groups, unless you are professional in one of those fields already?

Hope it gave you some ideas.

I think I know exactly what happened in the first two years of my life. It was definitely life turning as those were the years my family had immigrated and they had to deal with a new country and culture. Life altering indeed. I was raised here, I don't remember anything other than that but knowing my father I'm sure there were issues.

I told a poster above you, I actually enjoy acting as well as writing, dancing, and I also play the guitar. I'm quite passionate about these things. They're an escape. Writing helps the most out of all though. If I write it down I get it out of myself instead of it sitting there inside of me. I really do feel that they help. I've noticed I get a lot of comments and compliments in these things if other people see them, but that's rare because it's more for me than for anyone else and it makes me feel almost naked. Very uncomfortable. I'm shy about them and people do things like get quiet or watch unblinkingly, it's a little too much for me.

The_Hydra

I've only had chance to cast the chart and take a preliminary look but it does provoke one or two questions, which may or may not lead to some useful advice. In the main, these are checks on the chart, so there aren't any right answers, but it will help me clarify one or two points.

Firstly, do you make friendships easily and how do your relationships with friends work out?

Secondly, you mentioned a brother, how does your relationship with him work out and, if you have more than one sibling, how do they work out?

Third, you mention depression as a problem; have you any tendency to being bi-polar? That is alternate highs and lows, or do you find that what looks to be fortunate circumstances tend not to work out as you would hope. If that is the case does it tend to happen particularly in relationships or is it more in other fields of life.

Fourthly, does your career/employment help matters or is it something that's also doesn't seem to work out as it should. This isn't 'Do you like work' but more 'Does work help deal with things or does it through up difficulties.'

Lastly, do you like to travel or do you find that travel brings difficulties? Do you like to get away from things? Does 'travel of the mind' - that is an interest in philosophy, learning, Astrology, tarot, etc act as something that allows you to 'deal with your situation' or is it another source of problems.

I'm not so interested in your motivation or psychology here but about what actually happens. Some of the issues here may not have come up yet. A Chart represents the possibilities for life and you've only just begun yours.

Valleta, also makes a good point. Both Sun and Moon changed signs by secondary progression during your first year. You would be too young to notice any change at the time and to remember it now, but it could well be change that was significant, especially as your Sun moved into your twelfth house.

By a technique knows as Profections, your Sun moved into your twelfth house on your first birthday, so the next twelve months might also contain important events. That process recurred when you turned 12 and when you turned 24, are those ages significant in any way?

To answer you first question, it's pretty easy for me to talk to strangers and get to know them. Get them to open up to me. At my previous jobs, I was the one bringing in regular costumers because I'd make them feel like they weren't just wallets but actual people we cared about. I took the time to talk to them, even if it was only for a minute or two it made a huge difference. I'd say I can make acquaintances and connections easily. As far as friendships go, I can't really connect with people from my own age group. I don't feel like I understand where they're coming from, I feel like I'm older than I actually am lol (in fact my best friendships are with older people.) One of two things happen, either I'm taken advantage of and they get a little too rough with me thinking I can take it because I can take a lot. Or I attract people needing healing/help of some sort, and I help them, but once they've solved their issues they quickly gather a bunch of new friends and I'm kind of forgotten. Something that's happening lately is the more I try to find myself the more I lose people. I start outgrowing connections quickly and it's hard for me to be around them.

2. My brother and I have had a complicated relationship. We come from an abusive father, he tore the family apart. He made us "islands" instead of a "continent" if that makes sense. Everyone did their own thing. It was really hard for all of us. My brother and I feel we had to raise ourselves while my parents were busy fighting. When we were little we hung out a lot but our temperaments are very different so we fought a lot. The fights have gotten worsen intensity as we've gotten older. He's very quiet, stubborn and also depressive, but we handle that differently. I'm more of the school of thought that "I got myself here I can get myself out" and do everything I can to get better, he just throws a pity party and doesn't listen to any advice. He has no motivation and I've got so much ambition I end up really frustrated because I feel like I don't have the opportunities I want. So you have us screaming at each other. He's really moody and has built this weird view of the world that's almost exactly like my fathers. He's turned into my father and that's a big problem for my mother and I. That man was a delusional tyrant to all of us, I wish that were hyperbole. Both of them will project their issues on to someone else, are super paranoid, unhealthy views on relationships and sexuality, etc etc.

3. Things don't go the way I worked for them to, it really frustrates me and kind of makes me wonder why I even bothered. I'm trying to get better at embracing obstacles and things but it adds up and the next thing I know I'm laying in bed wondering if it's worth getting up. I'm prone to overthinking and it doesn't help. This touches all aspects of my life.

4. A little of both, work can help me focus on something else or it can add to the problem. I feel like if I could find a fulfilling job it'd solve a lot of problems. It could be a great source of happiness if I found the right thing for me.

5. Again, all of the above. We travelled around the U.S. a lot when I was younger, I'm familiar with everything but the North eastern states by now lol I loved it. I still love it, but unlike when I was little I get crazy car sick now. Maybe that doesn't count as difficulties though. Apart from physical travel, I love psychology. I have a lot of books on tarot, manifestation, spirituality, that kind of thing. I try to use them as tools. Even just reading a good book in general is a huge pleasure for me.

I'm about to turn 24 in a couple of months lol I'll let you know how. As for when I was 12... I can't really think of anything big.

Minderwiz

Reasons why I asked

Question 1: In the chart I cast your Ascendant ruler (The Sun) is in the eleventh house of friends. So friendship should play an important part in your life. The Sun is in the Bounds (sub division of a sign) of Saturn, and Saturn can signifiy older people, and it can also signify exclusion, either voluntary (keeping to yourself) or being pushed out by others. The ruler of the eleventh house is Mercury (your Sun ruler) and that lies in the twelfth house, which used to be associated more with enemies, and going to 'bad places' (such as imprisonment, or bad experiences through travel). The more modern 'secret places' is derived from that. Now whilst your 'friends' don't act as open enemies, it does seem that you are liable to be excluded as they turn to other things.

Question 2: The Moon rules your twelfth house, and as I said that tends to show enmity or opposition. The third house's primary meaning is siblings, though it has a number of secondary meanings one of which is travel. I expected a relationship that involved open arguments or confrontation and it seems I was right to expect it. You have Mars in the first house of the chart, and that can signify anger, hastiness, a confrontational approach. So we have the makings of a confrontational relationship. That doesn't mean there's no love or that you don't care for him. It means there's difficulties in getting on.

Question 3: Your Lot of Fortune (sometimes referred to as Part of Fortune) is placed in the fifth house of the chart which has to do with children, romance, sex, and having fun. The Lot is ruled by Jupiter which is in your first house. This should promise quite a bit of fortune and reasonable health. The area that that should be most likely is in the field of those relationships and enjoying yourself. It's a Day chart and Jupiter is the benefic of sect - the planet with most going for it. So you should be a happy person, as it's in your first house. But it's conjunct Mars, which is a difficult planet at the best of times but in a day chart, Mars shows where problems lie. So you have the best and worst planet in the same house and that house happens to be the one that signifies you as a person. That clash will lead to frustration and indeed promising things turning sour or not working out. It could be an indication of alternate feelings of things going very well and then deep gloom when they don't. Especially because in your chart, Saturn opposes that first house conjunction. It's a loose opposition but you will feel it.

Question 4: Your tenth house in this chart is ruled by Venus. I notice from your replies to other posters that you are very interested in Venus activities and careers. Fashion, music, jewellry, art, dance are expressions of it but anything in what today are called the Leisure Industry or the Entertainments Industry is likely to appeal. Venus is in your first house, so the career/activity becomes a key area of self expression. But Venus is also part of that conjunction involving Mars. So Mars is the significator of career/activity issues but Venus shows the types of opportunity that you should be following. I agree with your point about it being a potential source of happiness, if you can manage Mars.

Question 5: I asked about travel for two reasons. Firstly the position of the Moon in the third, which has secondary meanings relating to travel. It also has secondary meanings relating to 'unofficial. religions or spiritual practices' and that includes tarot and interests in spirituality. The house is ruled by Venus but it has the Moon in it, which rules your twelfth and it has it's ruler conjunct Mars. The house used to be referred to as the the House of the Goddess and of course the Moon signifies the Goddess. She also 'joys' in the third. There's clearly some contradictory issues going on, given the Moon's accidental role as the ruler of the twelfth. It seems that shows up more in the relationship to your brother than in your interests in spirituality. In the ninth house you have the Lot of Spirit, which gives information about the way in which you can influence your surroundings and your 'fate'. The ninth has significations for philosophy and more 'official' beliefs. Astrology comes in that house, even though it has now fallen out of official favour. Higher Education also comes in the realm of the ninth house. Also writing and communication are secondary meanings of the third.

The chart seems to be a valid description of your life. So the next issue is to start to address the problems that you have identified and the chart confirms. The key to that is going to be 'dealing with Mars'. And that's going to involve trying to 'work' on Jupiter, Venus and the Moon. these are naturally working in your favour. You just need to be able to subdue the Mars side.

In my next post I'll make some suggestions. Though I think you have already identified some good possibilities. Incidentally do you have problems with anger and anger management? Are you accident prone? have you been tempted to self-harm? All of those are symptoms of Mars at its worst. If the answer is no, to all of them then things are going to be easier. If the answer is yes to two or more and the level is high, then you might need the counselling. If the answer was yes and you've already had counselling for it then you realise what you need to do. It's just a matter of actually doing it.

Edited to add:

I've attached the chart I cast. It's not identical with the one you had done, because it uses a different house system. The Hermetic Lots are also plotted on it. I mentioned the Lot of Fortune and the Lot of Spirit, which are the main two. There are some others which I'll mention in the next post, if appropriate.

You mentioned that your father was abusive. Mars rules the fourth house, of your father (and also family in a wider sense). Given that Mars sits in your first house, you bear the imprint of your father very strongly for better or ill (and wit Mars being the significator of what's bad in your life, it's for ill).

Attachments

• The Hydra.jpg
    The Hydra.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 156

The_Hydra

Question 1: In the chart I cast your Ascendant ruler (The Sun) is in the eleventh house of friends. So friendship should play an important part in your life. The Sun is in the Bounds (sub division of a sign) of Saturn, and Saturn can signifiy older people, and it can also signify exclusion, either voluntary (keeping to yourself) or being pushed out by others. The ruler of the eleventh house is Mercury (your Sun ruler) and that lies in the twelfth house, which used to be associated more with enemies, and going to 'bad places' (such as imprisonment, or bad experiences through travel). The more modern 'secret places' is derived from that. Now whilst your 'friends' don't act as open enemies, it does seem that you are liable to be excluded as they turn to other things.

Question 2: The Moon rules your twelfth house, and as I said that tends to show enmity or opposition. The third house's primary meaning is siblings, though it has a number of secondary meanings one of which is travel. I expected a relationship that involved open arguments or confrontation and it seems I was right to expect it. You have Mars in the first house of the chart, and that can signify anger, hastiness, a confrontational approach. So we have the makings of a confrontational relationship. That doesn't mean there's no love or that you don't care for him. It means there's difficulties in getting on.

Question 3: Your Lot of Fortune (sometimes referred to as Part of Fortune) is placed in the fifth house of the chart which has to do with children, romance, sex, and having fun. The Lot is ruled by Jupiter which is in your first house. This should promise quite a bit of fortune and reasonable health. The area that that should be most likely is in the field of those relationships and enjoying yourself. It's a Day chart and Jupiter is the benefic of sect - the planet with most going for it. So you should be a happy person, as it's in your first house. But it's conjunct Mars, which is a difficult planet at the best of times but in a day chart, Mars shows where problems lie. So you have the best and worst planet in the same house and that house happens to be the one that signifies you as a person. That clash will lead to frustration and indeed promising things turning sour or not working out. It could be an indication of alternate feelings of things going very well and then deep gloom when they don't. Especially because in your chart, Saturn opposes that first house conjunction. It's a loose opposition but you will feel it.

Question 4: Your tenth house in this chart is ruled by Venus. I notice from your replies to other posters that you are very interested in Venus activities and careers. Fashion, music, jewellry, art, dance are expressions of it but anything in what today are called the Leisure Industry or the Entertainments Industry is likely to appeal. Venus is in your first house, so the career/activity becomes a key area of self expression. But Venus is also part of that conjunction involving Mars. So Mars is the significator of career/activity issues but Venus shows the types of opportunity that you should be following. I agree with your point about it being a potential source of happiness, if you can manage Mars.

Question 5: I asked about travel for two reasons. Firstly the position of the Moon in the third, which has secondary meanings relating to travel. It also has secondary meanings relating to 'unofficial. religions or spiritual practices' and that includes tarot and interests in spirituality. The house is ruled by Venus but it has the Moon in it, which rules your twelfth and it has it's ruler conjunct Mars. The house used to be referred to as the the House of the Goddess and of course the Moon signifies the Goddess. She also 'joys' in the third. There's clearly some contradictory issues going on, given the Moon's accidental role as the ruler of the twelfth. It seems that shows up more in the relationship to your brother than in your interests in spirituality. In the ninth house you have the Lot of Spirit, which gives information about the way in which you can influence your surroundings and your 'fate'. The ninth has significations for philosophy and more 'official' beliefs. Astrology comes in that house, even though it has now fallen out of official favour. Higher Education also comes in the realm of the ninth house. Also writing and communication are secondary meanings of the third.

The chart seems to be a valid description of your life. So the next issue is to start to address the problems that you have identified and the chart confirms. The key to that is going to be 'dealing with Mars'. And that's going to involve trying to 'work' on Jupiter, Venus and the Moon. these are naturally working in your favour. You just need to be able to subdue the Mars side.

In my next post I'll make some suggestions. Though I think you have already identified some good possibilities. Incidentally do you have problems with anger and anger management? Are you accident prone? have you been tempted to self-harm? All of those are symptoms of Mars at its worst. If the answer is no, to all of them then things are going to be easier. If the answer is yes to two or more and the level is high, then you might need the counselling. If the answer was yes and you've already had counseling for it then you realise what you need to do. It's just a matter of actually doing it.

Edited to add:

I've attached the chart I cast. It's not identical with the one you had done, because it uses a different house system. The Hermetic Lots are also plotted on it. I mentioned the Lot of Fortune and the Lot of Spirit, which are the main two. There are some others which I'll mention in the next post, if appropriate.

You mentioned that your father was abusive. Mars rules the fourth house, of your father (and also family in a wider sense). Given that Mars sits in your first house, you bear the imprint of your father very strongly for better or ill (and wit Mars being the significator of what's bad in your life, it's for ill).

Just to clarify, should I be reading my chart with Whole House systems? Would that mean my Sun and Mercury are in the 12th house then? Every planet is bumped up one house?

Yes, I try not to be like him though. I do have some anger issues I've worked on. I can fly into a rage if I'm pushed too far and it's never pretty. Nowadays I've invested in a gym membership, personal training, boxing membership, and a few others that have really helped me relieve any anger or stress. It doesn't work 100% but it's greatly diminished my temper. Not really accident prone, and no temptation with self harm. I always think the way I feel is punishment enough without me actively adding to it.

Minderwiz

Just to clarify, should I be reading my chart with Whole House systems? Would that mean my Sun and Mercury are in the 12th house then? Every planet is bumped up one house?

With Whole Signs, The houses depend entirely on the signs. So working backwards from your Leo Ascendant: The Whole of Leo is your first house, whether that part of the sign has risen or not (actually most of it has). The preceding sign, Cancer, becomes your twelfth house. That includes Mercury as Mercury is in Cancer. So Mercury shifts house to the twelfth.

The eleventh house is Gemini, so as the Sun is in Gemini it remains in your eleventh house. The tenth is Taurus (all of it, not just the last 4 degrees). It so happens that your MC is in Taurus (as mine is, I also have a Leo Ascendant). But in the Whole Sign system, the MC does not have to be in the tenth house. It is so by definition in most quadrant house systems because they use the Ascendant/Descendant and MC/IC axes to divide the circle.

Your ninth house is Aries, your eighth house is Pisces, your seventh is Aquarius (wherein lies Saturn), your sixth is Capricorn, your fifth is Sagittarius, your fourth is Scorpio, your third is Libra (which includes the Moon), your second is Virgo and your back to your first in Leo (with Mars, Venus and Jupiter). Note I've not included the outers, Chiron, or asteroids as some might but kept to the traditional planets. They are crucial to this system because the house rulers are used to assess the house, along with any planets that lie in it.

One of the key differences between your chart using Placidus and your chart using whole signs, is that Mars, Jupiter and Venus are in the first. They are not part of your subconscious or outside constraints, they are seen as part of you. That puts them under your control (at least potentially) and you can act to try and control them.

The Hydra said:
I do have some anger issues I've worked on. I can fly into a rage if I'm pushed too far and it's never pretty. Nowadays I've invested in a gym membership, personal training, boxing membership, and a few others that have really helped me relieve any anger or stress. It doesn't work 100% but it's greatly diminished my temper. Not really accident prone, and no temptation with self harm. I always think the way I feel is punishment enough without me actively adding to it.

Anger, Accidents, and harm through some process of cutting, are common Mars characteristics. Usually, they are directed outwards, but I advanced self harm because Mars is in your first. (You might also get angry at yourself). You're already aware of this and using anger management. That would be a necessary action, so it's good that you're already doing it.

Other things to look at is using Venus and Jupiter. There's no reason why Mars has to 'win' but neither of the others are natural controllers. Your social/public activities are a good way forward. That's not only career but the way that you act publicly. A good job can help enormously - by good I mean one that fits your needs, rather than brings in shed loads of money. You've already identified that the right job can bring happiness. But 'right' jobs rarely jump into our laps. In the meantime you can try that activity on an amateur or semi-professional basis. Joining and taking part in amateur dramatics, amateur operatic societies or dance groups, or music societies will all help. You enjoy these areas, make more of them if you can. They need to be more than just a hobby.

Make use of Saturn. You have a day chart, so it's not necessarily a bad influence, indeed it can be a good influence if you let it. In your life up to now it seems to have shown up more as depression rather than a constructive force. But it is in Aquarius, where it has rulership (note traditional rulers in this system) and it is associated with construction, building, analysing, teaching, planning and other positive actions. These might not hugely appeal but some sort of planning is already underway. You have a plan to control your anger.

Saturn also is the Bound or Confine ruler of Jupiter, Venus and Mars - that is they are all in the same part of Leo where Saturn has a 'sub' rulership. If you don't try to use Saturn positively, all three will give rise to some difficulties. For example Jupiter and Mars may giver rise to over confidence or reckless behaviour - always acting on the premise that things will work out. You now know they don't so you can begin to deal with that.

Have you thought of 'teaching' in the sense of giving guidance to others who want to act or play music or dance? They could be kids, but they could also be adults. Again it doesn't have to be a career, it can be informal or conducted on an amateur level. It could even be via the internet. To the extent that you're in to tarot and spirituality it could be used there. I'm involved is such a Saturn process right now. You don't have to rush out now and do it, but you could set it as a future goal and plan to work towards it.

Saturn also rules your seventh house. It therefore signifies your partner or spouse. Probably an older person or someone who follows a Saturn type career or has some level of authority. Saturn is one of the triplicity lords of your Ascendant ruler, as the Sun is in an Air sign. In a day chart, this governs the first part of your life, so if you can get Saturn working for you then your life will improve. Don't rush for relationships they will come eventually. But do try to set yourself some attainable goals and work towards them, not urgently but at a pace that suits you.

Don't forget to have fun! Saturn is serious but you can't be serious all the time. Jupiter rules your fifth house and you will benefit from the 'fun/hobby/leisure side but pick hobbies that either allow you to let out Mars in a controlled way (some of your anger management techniques are doing that already) or will not allow it to manifest. More of this in the next post on the Hermetic Lots.

Lastly if you can get the Moon to function positively that will also help. It's ruled by Venus, so it should give a more positive outcome and I think that will naturally follow as you try to offset that temper and Mars by boosting Venus.

All of these are easier said than done and there's no indepth discussion through a web forum but as you are already pointing yourself in a positive direction, you are fully aware of this.

The traditional system doesn't see all the manifestations of the planets as being constantly in force. It's not a question of Mars always causing these problems. You can control it. It may be something that characterises your youth rather than your life as a whole (it may eventually go away).

Minderwiz

The Hermetic Lots

There are seven of these, they give information about parts or areas of your life. The most important is the Lot of Fortune, and as I said earlier this is ruled by Jupiter. It shows how well you cope with what 'fate' deals to you - or if you like, how you cope with your environment. In the fifth it is in a trine to the Ascendant, which is good. It is ruled by Jupiter which is better, and it is trined by Venus and Mars. It shows you can cope with your environment and you are not completely at the mercy of outside forces. But coping invoves having some plan or strategy.

The Lot of Spirit shows how you influence your environment. Usually this is through career but it is really wider than that, it says something about your actions on a public or social stage. It is ruled by Mars but it is also trine to the Ascendant and trine to the Leo conjunction (including its ruler Mars). If you can learn to control your Mars, this offers a way forward. You can influence the world around you. It's in the ninth, so look to ninth house activities.

There are five other Lots.

The Lot of Jupiter, or Victory shows the area of life that your enterprises and expectations are more likely to meet with success. That Lot to lies in the fifth. Children, leisure/hobbies, entertainment (both of yourself and others) are some of the areas. You have interests in that area. Make use of them.

The Lot of Venus or Eros gives some indication of relationships (not just romantic ones). That to is in the fifth. I don't mean you should set out to secure relationships but that they are likely to follow. The won't necessarily be romantic but they will enable good interaction - as long as Mars is under control.

All of those Lots tend to be positive in purpose, though if badly placed they may not prove to be in practice. All of them are well placed in your chart.

The remaining three are not necessarily quite so positive.

The Lot of Mars, Courage relates to boldness and strength. Yours lies hidden away in the sixth, ruled by Saturn. The sixth is usually linked to ill health but it originally related to slaves and by extension servants. If you get into a management position later on in life You might not see yourself as a manager but if you think about it, it could happen. Any post where you have someone working under you would qualify. Also if you were the director/producer of an amateur theatrical's play, the actors, and backstage people are your 'servants'.

The Lot of Mercury 'Necessity' indicates where you are likely to encounter difficulties, restrictive situations and adversarial relationships. Usually the necessity results from you making mistakes and having to correct them. It shows where you can use your brain to recover from those mistakes. In your case the Lot lies in the seventh and is in close oppostion to your Leo conjunction, of which it is closest to Mars, having only a two degree separation. It is ruled by Saturn and I think, evidences the need to use Saturn to help control Mars. Unless you can do that, Mars will overcome it and you will continue to have difficulties arising out of Mars. Use Saturn and you get controlled aggression you can channel Mars into constructive undertakings - like boxing, or indeed any sport or challenge. But lying in the seventh it suggests that relationships are the are that you will make mistakes and need to recover. You can do it. Necessity does not present situations that cannot be dealt with. It presents situations where you have to think in order to overcome them. So no more 'Mars first' Think to overcome the problems.

The last Lot is the Lot of Saturn - Nemesis and this is where things that go wrong can't be corrected or where your actions rebound. It's the one completely bleak Lot. In your case Nemesis, is in your twelfth and is ruled by the Moon. The twelfth is not a key area of life. It deals with enemies and to a lesser extent travel that goes wrong. The twelfth though has links with what enemies produce, suffering, oppression. So don't waste time on people who you think oppose you. You won't get anywhere and if anything you'll make the situation worse.

There's no single way of solving your challenges but there are a variety of things that you can do, based on your chart. The overall thrust is to take control of Mars and ultimately try and channel it to your own benefit. First you may have to concentrate on restraining it and then learn to handle it in a controlled way.

Areas of life to concentrate on - career/social/public action and children*/leisure/entertainment are the two key areas and these could be blended if you can find that 'right job'. Areas of life to avoid - try not to make enemies and if you do, try not to make things worse.

*Children are more for the future but you will make a good parent.

The_Hydra

There are seven of these, they give information about parts or areas of your life. The most important is the Lot of Fortune, and as I said earlier this is ruled by Jupiter. It shows how well you cope with what 'fate' deals to you - or if you like, how you cope with your environment. In the fifth it is in a trine to the Ascendant, which is good. It is ruled by Jupiter which is better, and it is trined by Venus and Mars. It shows you can cope with your environment and you are not completely at the mercy of outside forces. But coping invoves having some plan or strategy.

The Lot of Spirit shows how you influence your environment. Usually this is through career but it is really wider than that, it says something about your actions on a public or social stage. It is ruled by Mars but it is also trine to the Ascendant and trine to the Leo conjunction (including its ruler Mars). If you can learn to control your Mars, this offers a way forward. You can influence the world around you. It's in the ninth, so look to ninth house activities.

There are five other Lots.

The Lot of Jupiter, or Victory shows the area of life that your enterprises and expectations are more likely to meet with success. That Lot to lies in the fifth. Children, leisure/hobbies, entertainment (both of yourself and others) are some of the areas. You have interests in that area. Make use of them.

The Lot of Venus or Eros gives some indication of relationships (not just romantic ones). That to is in the fifth. I don't mean you should set out to secure relationships but that they are likely to follow. The won't necessarily be romantic but they will enable good interaction - as long as Mars is under control.

All of those Lots tend to be positive in purpose, though if badly placed they may not prove to be in practice. All of them are well placed in your chart.

The remaining three are not necessarily quite so positive.

The Lot of Mars, Courage relates to boldness and strength. Yours lies hidden away in the sixth, ruled by Saturn. The sixth is usually linked to ill health but it originally related to slaves and by extension servants. If you get into a management position later on in life You might not see yourself as a manager but if you think about it, it could happen. Any post where you have someone working under you would qualify. Also if you were the director/producer of an amateur theatrical's play, the actors, and backstage people are your 'servants'.

The Lot of Mercury 'Necessity' indicates where you are likely to encounter difficulties, restrictive situations and adversarial relationships. Usually the necessity results from you making mistakes and having to correct them. It shows where you can use your brain to recover from those mistakes. In your case the Lot lies in the seventh and is in close oppostion to your Leo conjunction, of which it is closest to Mars, having only a two degree separation. It is ruled by Saturn and I think, evidences the need to use Saturn to help control Mars. Unless you can do that, Mars will overcome it and you will continue to have difficulties arising out of Mars. Use Saturn and you get controlled aggression you can channel Mars into constructive undertakings - like boxing, or indeed any sport or challenge. But lying in the seventh it suggests that relationships are the are that you will make mistakes and need to recover. You can do it. Necessity does not present situations that cannot be dealt with. It presents situations where you have to think in order to overcome them. So no more 'Mars first' Think to overcome the problems.

The last Lot is the Lot of Saturn - Nemesis and this is where things that go wrong can't be corrected or where your actions rebound. It's the one completely bleak Lot. In your case Nemesis, is in your twelfth and is ruled by the Moon. The twelfth is not a key area of life. It deals with enemies and to a lesser extent travel that goes wrong. The twelfth though has links with what enemies produce, suffering, oppression. So don't waste time on people who you think oppose you. You won't get anywhere and if anything you'll make the situation worse.

There's no single way of solving your challenges but there are a variety of things that you can do, based on your chart. The overall thrust is to take control of Mars and ultimately try and channel it to your own benefit. First you may have to concentrate on restraining it and then learn to handle it in a controlled way.

Areas of life to concentrate on - career/social/public action and children*/leisure/entertainment are the two key areas and these could be blended if you can find that 'right job'. Areas of life to avoid - try not to make enemies and if you do, try not to make things worse.

*Children are more for the future but you will make a good parent.

Minderwiz,

First of all, thank you for all the work you've done in drawing up and analyzing my chart for me. Astrology seems very complicated and there are a bunch of approaches so I'm in awe of anyone who can speak with any authority on the matter, let alone give me as much information as you have.

I'll try to keep in mind everything you've written out for me about the weak areas and strengths in my chart, and work to handle my Mars and work with Saturn. There was a lot that resonated with me and know because of you I know were to watch my step. That information is invaluable.

Thank you! :D

junethird

I have venus in the 12H. I also have venus opposite mars/saturn/pluto. My situation is not quite like yours mainly because i have some good planets supporting me. A strong cancer moon. So my emotional self is pretty solid aslong as i dont keep things bottled up. Which is hardly ever with a mercury in gemini. Its nearly impossible lol.

A good way to work on your harder aspects is to work on your chiron! He is the wounded soul hence why you have such drama. Heal him and learn his lesson and you should find a more stable and peaceful existance. Also check your mercury. Sometimes how you express yourself is half the problem. Mercury in gemini is a blabber mouth lol my words get me in trouble alot lol Also checkbyou 10H of public image and recognition. Your 10H can guide you to be a better version of yourself that attracts better.