Nodes -Horary-

CosmicBeing

Do (south & north) nodes mean anything specific when it is in the houses that is pertinent to the question?

I did a search through this section of the forum and I saw some posts saying it just can indicates a bumpy patch coming up (troubles).

Ronia

In which houses? Natal, horary, transiting? In general, the NN is considered to point at areas where you can have a better realization of yourself in the natal chart and the SN - areas where you may not feel very comfortable. Why and how depends on the rulers and their condition mostly, then on planets in those houses and their aspects. In horary NN is benefic, SN malefic but on themselves they cannot bring perfection or deny it.

CosmicBeing

I was looking at some Horary they have on a certain site for practice.

So in this Horary the question was "Is there a future in this relationship?"

So in the 2nd house... the only thing that is occupying it is the North node
In the 8th house...the only thing that is occupying it is the south node.

So what the properties of the 2nd house increase and the properties of the 8th house decrease (be troublesome)?

Then the Sun is in the same degree as the nodes...does that mean anything?

Sun & nodes are 23 degrees.

Ronia

A relationship, regardless positive or negative, is 1/7 houses. Therefore what occupies the 2/8 would be irrelevant. You can derive from.those two houses if there are financial problems but it won't answer the question. The question will be answered by the 1/7 rulers and, of course, the Moon.

CosmicBeing

A relationship, regardless positive or negative, is 1/7 houses. Therefore what occupies the 2/8 would be irrelevant. You can derive from.those two houses if there are financial problems but it won't answer the question. The question will be answered by the 1/7 rulers and, of course, the Moon.

Ah okay that is what I thought.

So what if the nodes were in the 1 and 7th house

So let us say the North node was in 1st house and South node was in 7th house.

And let us say...Mercury and Mars was in 1st house and nothing was in 7th house. How do the nodes work? Would the energies of Mercury & mars increase? But, what would happen to the 7th house with the south node when there is no planet in it?

Ronia

A node will add something to a planet it's conjunct. Barely being in tne same house brings nothing, imo. Say, NN is conjunct Mars in the 1st - how is Mars placed otherwise? Sign,dignities? If Mars is weak, the NN will not repair him completely but will inject a bit of good energy into him. This may sometimes be important as Mars needs to act if he is a significator. Being angular is fine but if he is weak dignities wise a bit of energy boost would do him well. Sometimes it may make a receiving planet more welcoming, softer,so to speak, in a better mood. If Mars is already strong,then again,a bit of aboost will be experienced. Then a last of the Moon in a horary to the NN is a hope for good outcome,given the aspect is poistiveitself. Opposite with the Sn. But the houses this happens do matter.

In any case, if the main significators and the Moon,and all kinds of translation, collection of light don't promise a positive outcome,no nodes will bring it to perfection, imo. They eirher boost the energy of the planet they conjunct or take away from it as with the SN. They are not deal makers or breakers though.

I personally don't rely much on them and haven't really seen the NN add much to a chart but am theorizing here. I only take them into account if the Moon's last aspect is to one of them or if they are conjunct a significator.

CosmicBeing

Ah okay.. well I'll not add much.. emphasis.. I'm just in the beginning of learning horary. (Really a Newbie at astrology)

Do planets in the same degree mean anything? whether related to the question or not.

Minderwiz

The basic answer as Ronia has pointed out is that the North Node acts as a benefic and the South Node acts as a malefic. All you are looking for is a conjunction with either node and one of the significators. Ignore squares, trines and sextiles (and of course oppositions). In the medieval scoring system, which Lilly used, a conjunction with the North Node scored +4 - the same as an Exaltation but less than a conjunction with Jupiter or Venus.

I tend not to use the scoring system now, but it's worth mentioning it here to show that the conjunction with a node is of only moderate effect, on its own. The effect is even weaker if the node is in the same house as the significator but some distance from it (but still in the same sign).

If the conjunction ties in with other dignities or debilities, then you have to assess the overall effect, as Ronia does in her example.

CosmicBeing

The basic answer as Ronia has pointed out is that the North Node acts as a benefic and the South Node acts as a malefic. All you are looking for is a conjunction with either node and one of the significators. Ignore squares, trines and sextiles (and of course oppositions). In the medieval scoring system, which Lilly used, a conjunction with the North Node scored +4 - the same as an Exaltation but less than a conjunction with Jupiter or Venus.

I tend not to use the scoring system now, but it's worth mentioning it here to show that the conjunction with a node is of only moderate effect, on its own. The effect is even weaker if the node is in the same house as the significator but some distance from it (but still in the same sign).

If the conjunction ties in with other dignities or debilities, then you have to assess the overall effect, as Ronia does in her example.

Thank you for the response. I bought plain and simple horary astrology book by louis anthony and then Horary textbook by John frawley