Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

easyboy82

the earth suit is "Leviathans." Leviathan is the name of a SEA monster in the Bible. I understand that the deck uses it as a name for hugely monstrous land machines/vehicles, but the earth-water disconnect was a constant irritant for me

now, this is a thing I didn't notice! Thanks for pointing it out
I'm beginning to think I could just buy Llewellyn steampunk tarot bag featuring the High Priestess card since I love that card so much and give up the deck ;)

AnemoneRosie

now, this is a thing I didn't notice! Thanks for pointing it out
I'm beginning to think I could just buy Llewellyn steampunk tarot bag featuring the High Priestess card since I love that card so much and give up the deck ;)

That's certainly one way to go about it!

decan

The Llewellyn Tarot:
The art is very nice, but the major arcana are elaborated while the minor arcana much less (even though they are nice).
I find as well that the borders are a bit too large with regard to the images.
It is a deck very sensitive and sweet, but it is as well a bit dull.

crystalrose

Steampunk Tarot - are we discussing the deck with the book by Barbara Moore? That one has normal suits. It's not a whole other system. That's a different Steampunk. Anyway, the Barbara Moore one, I agree is very brown and dull. I never read with it. I like the mostly female courts but I'm female so I may be biased. It's a pretty but blah deck.

Any thoughts on the Deviant Moon? I know it was popular at one point. I'm usually not into weird decks but I feel drawn to it now for some reason.

decan

Steampunk Tarot - are we discussing the deck with the book by Barbara Moore? That one has normal suits. It's not a whole other system. That's a different Steampunk. Anyway, the Barbara Moore one, I agree is very brown and dull. I never read with it. I like the mostly female courts but I'm female so I may be biased. It's a pretty but blah deck.

Any thoughts on the Deviant Moon? I know it was popular at one point. I'm usually not into weird decks but I feel drawn to it now for some reason.
I was referring to the Llewellyn by Anna-Marie Ferguson.

Concerning the Deviant Moon (I haven't). This deck has a very creative art. Nevertheless in some reviews some people are saying that to really love it is a bit difficult... Well, over time I don't how we can feel with this deck. It's probably a bit difficult because of its darkness.

easyboy82

Steampunk Tarot - are we discussing the deck with the book by Barbara Moore? That one has normal suits. .

oh, yes...when I said Steampunk (Llewellyn ) I meant that one (so that's why I didn't notice leviathans when I browsed it !)

Achlys

The deviant moon is one of my top 4 favorites. I've been using it extensively since it was released in 2008.
Personally, I prefer the borderless edition. But it's great for intuitive reading. The cards are a little bit darker than some decks but there's still a whimsical edge to them and the readings are always spot-on. It's a great deck if you want straightforward information. It's also a perfect deck for this time of the year :)

Michellehihi

Deviant Moon

The deviant moon is one of my top 4 favorites. I've been using it extensively since it was released in 2008.
Personally, I prefer the borderless edition. But it's great for intuitive reading. The cards are a little bit darker than some decks but there's still a whimsical edge to them and the readings are always spot-on. It's a great deck if you want straightforward information. It's also a perfect deck for this time of the year :)

I love this deck, it is easy to read with, very clear and intuitive.
One of the cards that impresses me most on this deck is the Hermit, looking like a madman escaped from a psychiatric hospital. My mother is mentally ill and this card breaks my heart all the time I see it; it reminds me painful memories.

AnemoneRosie

Deviant Moon

I don't find that it gives up its secrets very easily.

delinfrey

I love this deck, it is easy to read with, very clear and intuitive.
One of the cards that impresses me most on this deck is the Hermit, looking like a madman escaped from a psychiatric hospital. My mother is mentally ill and this card breaks my heart all the time I see it; it reminds me painful memories.

Precisely what I meant in another thread.

I personally love the Deviant Moon Borderless - deck experiences are always very tactile for me, so how the deck literally feels in my hands is right up there with artwork and everything else, Deviant Moon I have always loved to hold.

But beware - if it cuts, it cuts really deep. So the pro is that it gives really spot-on readings, and the con is that it gives really spot-on readings. I personally felt like my Achilles' tendon was slashed a couple of times.