An Observation on the Tree of Life...

tmgrl2

Thanks, elf, for this thread. I have been just "getting into' this.

I love the link from Macavity. I printed most of it.

When I saw the diagram below I was reminded of Masaru Emoto's work Messages from Water showing in nature the "perfection" that is rendered by harmony:

http://wolf.mind.net/library/ancient/qabala/plateb.htm

I have posted some of Emoto's pictures in another thread, so I will just link that here. I love the synchronicity of finding these "graphic" depictions of the beauty of life's natural order.

The pictures from Emoto are in my posts to this link:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21344&highlight=Messages+from+Water

terri

Satori

Hi Terri,
Thanks for joining us.
I am loving what I'm finding out already.
I think I'm ready for Kabbalah. I know I am ready to learn how to receive spiritual light...so here goes!

Agape,
You are so accepting and full of love!
Thank you for being so accessible and present. I am glad to be able to know you better.

Now, let's rock and roll and let the light shine in!

celeste

Elf: I will get back to you on my explanation of the Tree of Life resembling a strand of DNA. I guess I did not explain it well enough. However, right now, working, my level three Tarot class and yoga class resuming, and Life in general are conspiring to get in my way of persuing my love of Tarot at the moment. I will post later.

Satori

((((((celeste))))))
>g<
don't worry, I appreciated what you wrote already!

jmd

The version of the Tree with the cards thereon is the one published and prepared for the BOTA (founded by Paul F. Case, and a derivative of the Golden Dawn).

There are various three-dimensional representations of the Tree of Life, one of which is given also by Wang in his book Qabalistic Tarot.

Personally, I consider that the Tree has a different multidimensional form to that given by either Wang or others - and note that I mention 'multi-' and not 'three-'.

The Tree takes us beyond the realms of manifestation - beyond the realms of the world of Assiah, in which are the three dimensions.

The 'cube of space', used by such authors as P.F. Case, certainly also makes use of the three dimensions - as does, more importantly, the Sefer Yetzirah (a little book I would more than highly recommend to anyone interested in reading some foundational Kabalistic text), though this latter mentions these in the context of the seven double letters, being the three dimensions of forward-behind, right-left, up-down, and, importantly, the centre.

In this here world of manifestation (the other worlds are of course also 'here'), in this world of the lower senses, and despite what I have said above, three-dimensional representation of the Tree, and its further depiction as a two-dimensional drawing, are of course necessary aids. But in this form, any single representation may be viewed as incomplete (in the same way that viewing a cube as it passes by one of its vertex through a plane depicts a triangle - which is not of course the whole cube).

For those interested, another 3-dimensional representation I mentioned and added (with also AmounrA) is in the thread titled: Platonic Solids and the Tree of Life.

Of interest may be viewed a number of these representations as follows:To make the relationships of these to the other platonic solids would require further elaboration, which at this stage seems like peripheral material...

fyreflye

Thanks, J-M, for those *illuminating* links.

Satori

Ahhh, a visit, unexpected, hoped for and enlightening, by jmd.

from my original post:
you know, I'm beginning to imagine it in a three-dimensional form and (!) hold onto your hat, multidimensional. It just does not seem right flat. Seems like there is more of it...somewhere.

So I took a look at your drawings...how did you come up with the last one, the three dimensional one?

And, I wonder if the String Theorists have tried to map something like the Kabbalah Tree of Life using the "sliced bread layers" of dimensionality. Such that how do multi dimensional objects actually manifest....between realities...
And how does the tree manifest here....is the picture of it all we have or is this the realm of.......(I'll take a stab.....) Gevurah? Should we literally be considering that we occupy space upon the tree...that the tree is our Universe?

Thanks for the post, and thanks for including so much information to consider. It is very nice when the teacher doesn't tell you to go find it all out for yourself, but points you in the general direction of the Truth.

Satori

Just read through Platonic solids....
So disregard my last post. So much for my original thoughts on the Tree. :)

There was a website I visited once where you could actually make little machines like what you visualized jmd, and see if they would operate or collapse onto themselves. There were examples on the site of working ones and you could manipulate those or create your own from a palette of options they provide. Then if yours worked you could submit it....for display...

Have you ever visited such a site?

I don't think I bookmarked it, it was a long time ago....

tmgrl2

jmd said:
For those interested, another 3-dimensional representation I mentioned and added (with also AmounrA) is in the thread titled: Platonic Solids and the Tree of Life.

Of interest may be viewed a number of these representations as follows:To make the relationships of these to the other platonic solids would require further elaboration, which at this stage seems like peripheral material...

jmd, I really like these "visuals" of yours. I have very little knowledge in these areas, but sometimes, something like these visuals strikes me with an image I can hold.

Thank you.

terri