Using and Improving Your Strenghs and Weaknesses

MissJo

Just as the title says! This spread is designed to help you use and improve both your strengths and your weaknesses.

1) What the querent needs to know:
2) What are their strengths:
3) What do they need to know about their strengths:
4) How can they improve and make them stronger:
5) How they can best use them to their advantage:
6) What are their weaknesses:
7) What they need to know about their weaknesses:
8) How they can improve them and make them stronger:
9) How they can best use them to their advantage, as strengths:
10) (3 cards) Important message from *insert higher power of your choice*:
11) (3 cards) Important advice from *insert higher power of your choice*:

I've always believed that one can use their weaknesses to their advantage, and turn them into strengths.

Carla

This looks interesting. Just curious--what's the difference here between 'advice' and a 'message'?

MissJo

I realized that later on.

Well, I did this spread it ended up giving me more information on "What I need to know." I'll go in depth with my reading.

In "What I need to know" I got Five of Pentacles, I'm beginning to lose hope when it comes to this person and I'd rather not deal with it anymore because it seems pointless.

In "Important message from Fate" I got The Empress, Three of Swords, Ace of Cups. I shouldn't pay attention to the pain, in the mean time I need to take care of myself and stay positive because the heartbreak I feel with this person is going to turn into a new relationship.

Finally, in advice I got Three of Pentacles, The Moon, Nine of Cups. When this wish comes too (reuniting with this person) I need to work on sorting through what is true and what is false, and again... stay positive.

Carla

Okay, I see. Also wondering if there is a pattern to the layout. When a spread is this big and numbers scrambled, I forget which card is which and have to keep referring to the spread instructions to remember what a card is supposed to be answering. Any tips on the layout?

MissJo

Paper and pen, m'dear!

I tend to copy all this information down on a piece of paper before I do a large spread like this, where the individual cards go and what the positions are. Along with that, I tend to keep track... like... read what position card #6 is before putting down the actual card.

jaj

Okay, I see. Also wondering if there is a pattern to the layout. When a spread is this big and numbers scrambled, I forget which card is which and have to keep referring to the spread instructions to remember what a card is supposed to be answering. Any tips on the layout?
This may be more than you want to do, but I manually enter large-spread readings into Orphalese software (http://www.orphalese.net/), print a screen image, and make pencil notes in the margins.

Alternatively, you could take a photo of the spread with a camera, print the photo, and notate the margins with headings for the positions and a few meaningful keywords.

Amanda

Nice :thumbsup: Works really well with the Soul Coaching oracle I have.

MissJo

I'm happy it's worked well for you! :)

MaineGirl117

Hello MissJo!

I LOVED using your spread! Though there are a lot of cards, it was well worth the time to lay them all out and seek interpretations for each position. I'm still working to pull it all together (finding cohesion with the 10's and 11's, (3,4,5) and (7,8,9). There are many ways to look at understanding the messages, and I think that's one of the strengths ;) of this spread!

I did adjust the layout a bit. I put 1 right in the middle so I could clearly see my strength on one side, and my weakness on the other. I then laid the 3,4,5 and 7,8,9 like pyramid steps along the sides of 1. It seemed like they were 'ascending'. I also switched the position of 10 and 11. The 'message' (10) of *said higher power* seemed more like a foundation - while 'advice' (11) could only be attained by climbing the steps... here is where *wisdom* and *enlightenment* reside. They also appeared in this way like a star - a guiding light perhaps? Love this!

Anyways, I thought I would share my thoughts on your spread :D Thanks again for the posting!

Zechariah13

Anyways, I thought I would share my thoughts on your spread :D Thanks again for the posting!

I Have to say i like this edit of the spread, it makes it look less like a poker spade. ;)
I would also like to add that if the 3 and 7 are moved inward to be in line with the 5 and 9, it would look like a triple moon, making it even more appropriate for those who worship the Lunar Goddess