How accurate are the yes/no spreads and which one are the best to use?

ngser

Hi, I am just wondering how accurate are the yes/no spreads on predicting events and decision making and which ones are the best to use. I use the Colman Smith deck and the spread I use is the 7 card spread. If 4 or more cards are upside up, then it is a yes, or that event will happen. If 4 or more cards are reversed, then it is a no. But I have to admit, the results I got from this spread has been mixed. I guess my question is, if yes/no spreads can be accurate or close to it, and if there is one that can be more accurate then the one I am using. Thanks

MariaPeea

There's a spread that was created here (I totally forgot who...) that works the best for me then any spread ever has.

Basically, you have three positions: No, yes, and More Information. You shuffle, ask your question, and then deal out to each position. The first one to get either: The World, The Fool, The Magician, or any of the aces is your correct answer. Then, the next position (either yes or no, depends) tells you 'why' the answer is the one it is, and then More Info gives you...well, more info.

I'll try to find the spread for you, but it works wonders for me!

ETA: Found it! http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=134034

Eyebright

There's a spread that was created here (I totally forgot who...) that works the best for me then any spread ever has.

Basically, you have three positions: No, yes, and More Information. You shuffle, ask your question, and then deal out to each position. The first one to get either: The World, The Fool, The Magician, or any of the aces is your correct answer. Then, the next position (either yes or no, depends) tells you 'why' the answer is the one it is, and then More Info gives you...well, more info.

I'll try to find the spread for you, but it works wonders for me!

ETA: Found it! http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=134034

Totally agree. If you are going to do a yes or no spread this is the one you want. I love this spread, as it still gives the tarot some leeway to give you some details on the 'why' part :)

ngser

Thanks alot, I will try out the spread. Thanks

ngser

Hi Eyebright and Maria. I just have a question involving the spread. What exactly does the
Fool mean? I mean if it is in the Yes position and the card is suppose to give a glib and flippant answer, does it mean that it is saying the opposite if what it means? say it is in the Yes position. its it actually mean No??? Thanks I would appreciate any help on it. I like the spread, but the Fool is confusing me alot.

Eyebright

It doesn't mean that it's giving you the opposite answer in my opinion. I tend to see it more as the Fool is giving you the answer with a silly grin on his face, as if to say "duh why are you asking me this?". I never fully understood what the creator intended, so I kind of just took the idea of his spread and made it my own. So when I see the Fool I tend to think either I've asked a silly question, or the fool is laughing at me because I probably already know the answer. :D

I think with a bit of practice working with the spread, you will come to have your own understanding of it.

I also tweaked it by adding the Wheel of Fortune as another card that can signify yes or no, with the meaning of : yes or no this is fated/your destiny. If you want to add that feel free :)

Hope that helps, if not feel free to ask more questions!

Amanda

JSNYC is a *he*. ;)

Hi Eyebright and Maria. I just have a question involving the spread. What exactly does the
Fool mean? I mean if it is in the Yes position and the card is suppose to give a glib and flippant answer, does it mean that it is saying the opposite if what it means? say it is in the Yes position. its it actually mean No??? Thanks I would appreciate any help on it. I like the spread, but the Fool is confusing me alot.

When the Fool comes up it does have kind of a "Duh, why are you asking this?" But I have also had the Fool come up in the 'No' position to let me know that something unforeseen was coming to disrupt the integrity of the question... meaning, "No, this question is moot because..."

ngser

Hi thanks for ur explanations. One of the reason I asked was because I asked something that I thought would be a no for sure, a possible future event that I thought would not happen, improbable from my point of view at this time . The first time I tried the spread, it had a ace of pentacle in the Yes pile. As I understand it that card for this spread means definite and conclusive answer.So I was shocked, it would be great if it came true. But in my point of view as of this moment it seemed improbable. So I did it again, so twice, and I got the fool in the Yes pile. So the answer was yes both times but it was a Fool card twice. So from what EyeBright and Amanda said, the fool could be saying "well duh, U got the Ace of Pentacles in the first on already!! why are u asking again??!!!" Is that what u guys think the fool in the Yes pile happening twice for this question means??? Thanks again

Eyebright

JSNYC is a *he*. ;)

Thanks, have edited mah post!

Nsger: I agree with your assessment, if you had already asked once and got yes, then I definitely see the Fool as saying that! You gotta love the tarot having a sense of humour lol

If you look at the other cards it will explain why "no" wasn't the answer and give you a few more details. I would go back to the first time you asked the question to assess they why of the matter :)

ngser

Thanks again Eyebright. I just realized, I think the Ace of Cups and the Fools are very similar. Ace of Cups gives a whimsical and mallable answer, which is kinda like a flippant answer right? Haha. thanks again for answer all my questions. I really do find this spread to be very interesting.