The Marvelous Oracle of Oz

Freder

After designing nine basic cards and settling on a core design I was still unhappy with the direction that my next project, an Oz-themed Oracle deck, was taking. Now just tonight I finally decided that they needed more visual depth... and so I started to play. Here's the first result... and I'm so much happier with the look that I decided it was okay to unveil the project here. Hope you like:

http://ozoracle.blogspot.com

There's still a long way to go, but at last I feel like I'm headed in the right direction.

DT
www.ducksoup.me

Alta

oooh, you roped me in with this! I love the Oz books and just last year re-read the entire series. I like that you use the book illustrations but with your own twist, very interesting.

Freder

Thank you! It's a work in progress. If it will bring more people to the books, that will be a terrific side-effect. When I announced these on Facebook someone replied "That's my favorite movie!" and I thought, "No. No... Just... No." :)

Alta

No kidding. I like the movie but it is way too different from the books. Silver slippers people, silver slippers. And that's just a start.

The books gradually paint such a complex society.

Rusty Woehrle

The cards look great.

reall

oh! now looks much better!^^ keep experimenting!^^ ;)))))))

starlightexp

HUGE HUGE oz book fan here, been collecting them since I was 10 and always interested in a project that will involve characters outside the first book so I'm on board for the journey here

lefty

These look great!

Freder

31 cards and counting

Thirty-one cards in and I still don't know how many will be in the final deck -- but I'm at least twenty shy. Averaging about 4-5 designs a week, I'm not sure that I will make my goal of finishing it by the end of the year. But, at least it's looking more like an actual deck than it was even a couple of weeks ago...

Thanks for the kind words, all. It's a fun project.

http://ozoracle.blogspot.com

AJ

wonderful cards, your thorough knowledge of your subject shines. I'm in for a deck please :)