Choosing a wedding day with electional astrology

Onaorkal

I'm on the edge of mental breakdown.

I spent the whole day trying to find a good date for my wedding.
We would like it to be in Spring of 2017, between mid-April and the end of June.
I thought I had a pretty good range to play with but....no.
Well if it could be any day of the week, at any hour of the day, that would be another matter but of course a wedding has some restrictions eh :p

Now, I know you can't have a perfect chart. But seriously even if I concentrate on the Moon and Venus aspects alone I can't seem to find something adequate!

When do you know it's time to let go? How do you decide what stuff doesn't matter?

It's so stupid, so many people get married or have important events scheduled randomly and I'm sure their lives don't fall into pieces because the planets didn't happen to be in the 'right' spots!

Still.

I'm about to just forget about electional astrology for now and ask my cards haha!

Any advice?

Minderwiz

As far as you're able, you want Moon, Venus and Jupiter free of hard aspects from Mars and Saturn. Assuming you're getting married during the hours of light (Sun above the horizon), it's best to keep Mars away from nasty aspects to those three planets, even if you can't have them Saturn free. That's because Saturn is a day planet and is at best neutral and at worst only mildly malefic in a day chart.

Mars is a nocturnal planet and therefore is the main threat in a day chart. If possible have either Jupiter or Venus rising. In a day chart, Jupiter free of a hard aspect from Mars and Saturn is the most benefic planet, so having it in the first house or the tenth house is good. Venus is the next best thing.

Now if you want to relate it to yourself or your partner, it can become more difficult. Find your own rising sign and the Domicile ruler (traditional planets only) should be well placed in your election chart and again free of hard aspects from the two malefics.

If you know your partner's rising sign you could repeat the process.

The last thing you might look at is the Lot of Fortune. Again you don't want it ruled by a malefic if possible, or the Lord of the Lot (ruler of the sign in which Fortune falls) badly placed.

If you can manage all of those you'll be doing well. It's likely that one or more might have to be sacrificed to get the others. But if you're struggling, give preference to the two benefics, the Moon and the ruler of the Lot of Fortune, which should be in a major aspect, at least by sign, with the rising sign and free from affliction.

Onaorkal

Thank you so much Minderwiz!

I checked a few dates with your guidelines and one definitely looks good BUT the moon is waning :/ At least it's not void of course but from what I read everywhere a waning moon is bad for a wedding...at the same time it removes half of each month, it's a bit crazy ×_×

Do you have any opinion about it? I'm so torn between choosing a date with the help of astrology or choosing a time of the year I like.

Minderwiz

Unless you are very rich or very lucky, getting the time and date perfect from an astrological point of view is very difficult. I'd say go or a date you like and a convenient time, not just for you but also for the families (but not primarily for them, it's your day).

If you want to use Astrology the things Too suggested will be more than sufficient. The Moon is better in a fixed sign, preferably Taurus, than waxing, as it is her exaltation and a fixed sign denotes longevity. The same would hold for the Ascendant. Whee you have to compromise keep Moon and benefics in good houses and as free from affliction as you can.

Onaorkal

Thank you so much for helping Minderwiz, I appreciate a lot.

I'm happy to know it's possible to have something compensating for the waning Moon haha! Unfortunately it's impossible to have it in Taurus or in any of the fixed signs!

Cancer is possible though and a few of my choices included dates with the Moon in Cancer. Would it be another advisable option?