Tarot of the Cat People

nisaba

<grib> Don't worry about replying to the PM, I've just seen.

mrpants

Hooked: Glad to hear it. I've been re-reading my copy, and it's been quite a treat!

Hooked on TdM

<grib> Don't worry about replying to the PM, I've just seen.

Sorry I seen it first. :). I just have to know though....what does grib mean?

Hooked on TdM

Mrpants: I'm definitely rereading the book right after this first time through. Karen was simply brilliant. There's so much in there that one round won't cut it. I'm completely ignoring her written meanings though. I can't see myself using them.

Dark Victory '39

yup this is wht happens

i want this deck back in my life. This will be my first instance of an attempt to re-acquire something i thought i did not want.

Hooked on TdM

Any luck finding a deck DV? It's my first time going back and getting one too. I love it. Hard to believe that I didn't fall in love with this deck back then. It's a gem!

Dark Victory '39

hi hooked on TdM

Hey Hooked,

I keep thinking i'm going to refind it at one of the 'Half-priced bookstores' here in the u.s.-- (that's the name of the actual chain of stores). That's where i found the first one, and i like going there because besides being able to physically see the cards in person, it seems like they often have older decks. I'm still in the midst of a shelving crisis of my decks so until i figure out what to do w/ my sheer greediness, i havn't been super active about pursuing.

cybercat

I also bought this as my first deck. To me it made sense since I lived in a hot area. Well, tropical hot anyway. I used it for years and got good readings off it. Loved the book also wish it had a sequel. I gave the deck a rest when I got Tarot of Dreams. But everytime I think of a card it is Tarot of the Cat People card. :)

sevenfires

Unfortunately I found the images a bit too static for me. They all look very similar and don't actually portray any action or event that could get my mind working. For me, it was a halfway house between a full scenic and pip-style deck, but I couldn't really read with it.
^ I've been tempted to get this deck, I love the artwork, but this is what's held me back from actually purchasing.

Anyone using this deck regularly these days?