Mystical Cats Tarot

truelighth

Wow, I didn't know that about the catnip. But that is cool :). I love the art on this deck, they are real cats :).

And about catnip. My cat Buffy loves the stuff, but she gets all cuddly and keeps on cuddling the toy with the catnip and licking it. I guess she is a big high, but in her case, it is the cuddly kind of high. I do know some cats that don't care for the stuff at all.

Morwenna

I did mention in another thread that I like the looks of this. I just might get it. The combination of this artist and author is bound to be a winner anyway!

I also like the idea of using magically-appropriate herbs in the painting. After all, cooks do it...

As for catnip, most cats I've had love the stuff, including our current two. But my last cat didn't; she ignored it. What she got high on was chewing the pulp on denuded grape stems. :)

Thoughtful

Would love to hear how you all get on with this deck. My one and only cat deck is the Pagan Cats which l love dearly and that reads so well for me.
I have the Victorian Fairy tarot from Lunaea which is a dream to work with so l am being sorely tempted to look into the Mystical Cats. I am afraid that l may be disappointed, so would love to have your feedback :)

Dragon Dame

Card Names/Numbers?

From what I have been able to see on-line it looks as though the cards are not named or numbered? Is that so? I do have Debra Givens Cat's Eye Tarot, but am seriously thinking of adding another cat deck in celebration of my newest cat! I do like that they are borderless. What about the quality of the Llewellyn boxes? I have read negative comments about that both here and on Amazon. Also, does anyone know if Amazon's is the most competitive price for this set?

Thanks!

InkyAlchemy

They are named and numbered in a small banner at the bottom of the card. I think it's very unobtrusive - doesn't bother me at all. The box is no issue for me - I'm getting one of the artist's matching tarot bags (she'll put any card image on it for you). I think the deck reads very well. I'm really enjoying it!

Obsydian

Yes they are in a small golden banner and sometimes you don't even notice it at all! The cards read very well, I was just doing some pet readings with them in exchanges, but they are just as good for human readings too. ;)

The cards a little bit thinner than I'm used to, but I find it just makes them easier for me to hold and shuffle. I have tiny kid-sized hands and I can do a comfortable overhand shuffle (I think it's called?)

Mine came in the big box with companion book, so it doesn't quite have it's own box. I had to temporarily shelve my Cat's Eye to borrow the bag I use it for. I'd love to get one of the artist's bags though!

Dragon Dame

Actually, the unobtrusive but still there banner with names/numbers is a great relief to me, since the deck is enough unlike the RWS for some of the cards to need identification -- on the other hand, as I know some people do, it seems to be a deck that would lend itself beautifully to purely intuitive readings. I'm even more excited now!

InkyAlchemy

I'm really happy I got this deck. I have three kitties, so yes, I have an affinity for cats. But you don't have to be a "cat person" to appreciate this deck. The artwork is gorgeous and the book is a fabulous companion. There are some great spreads at the back of the book and I especially like the section with the concept art.

Lunaea

From what I have been able to see on-line it looks as though the cards are not named or numbered? Is that so? I do have Debra Givens Cat's Eye Tarot, but am seriously thinking of adding another cat deck in celebration of my newest cat! I do like that they are borderless. What about the quality of the Llewellyn boxes? I have read negative comments about that both here and on Amazon. Also, does anyone know if Amazon's is the most competitive price for this set?

Thanks!

Great question! And I'm glad to see that others have answered it for you. The images you've seen online are all the original art and watermarked for copyright protection, and we just haven't had time yet to make watermarked versions with the name banners on them. But if you look on our Facebook page you can see some photos that have the finished cards with the names.

VGimlet

I chuckled when I saw the catnip on the card backs. :D

I am an animal person, so I keep an eye out for GOOD cat decks, and I am very pleased with this deck; cat's done right. :D

(Tink approves also.)