Silver Witchcraft Tarot

Disa

I'm just going to have to wait until I can see the actual cards myself. I'm still not sold on the images. It really does sound like a book I would like, though.

Dark Victory '39

a little taste of heaven

so do yourselves a favor when you have your cards. Lay the 'world' and then after it the 3 of swords, and then take a deep breath and say, yum yum yum.

Last night all 77 of the rest of pack spent some quality time w/ the 3 of swords so that i could just look at what was happening in the top quarter of the card between the 'merge' of roses/lilies in the ice cavern and the other card. I wasn't trying to 'do' anything w/ them, but it made me think Rivoli must have interplayed each card w/ every other card. The colorplay of this deck is to my untrained eyes, masterful. That must be what keeps me wanting to go back. I think there actually might be some sort of color therapy that goes on. I'm such an analytical type of person that its a delight to me to have something where i can play the analytical game or i can click off the lights and just work w/ a whole other sense set.

Dark Victory '39

so the trade off to this is going to be

i don't know how utter disappointment is going to show up in this deck, i.e., a painful reading because everything is so pretty. For anyone who's ever had a sitter reach across the table and touch the Victorian Romantic 3 swords when it's in the present placement and say, 'i feel this. i feel sad like this,' you're not going to have that type of connection here w/ this type of 3 swords because he is so mellow-- though i'm enjoying it being a man in the SWC 3S, and not a beautiful sobbing woman, because the men in my life would probably look exactly like him after losing their job or having a child in the hospital; not expressive even if inside they feel pain.

i think over the weekend, when i have some time, i'm going to look though my old notebooks and find an unhappy reading and lay it out again w/ these cards just to see how i would interpret it through 'the craft's' lens. i'm going to work on my delivery in how i would explain this 3s. Anyone who has insight on how to do that i'm all ears.

But the flip side is for anyone who's ever had someone or themselves be extremely upset when the 3S came up in the outcome, this deck for me, moves to the head of the class in terms of being able to deal w/ it. Not just a calm visual interpretation but also... just icy water, your hand will eventually warm the temperature of the situation. Or you will feel the burn, and then spread your fingers and let the water drip back into the earth. i don't know what i'll say.

For anyone who doesn't like the deck but does like the book, i'm pretty sure there's a treasure trove in there of concepts you can use w/ a deck u prefer. i'm considering transferring some of its usefulness in my ever-ongoing battle to become a better TdM reader.

Cheers.

Celtictarot

I've just noticed that the suits have animals attached to them. The pentacles has rabbits, the wands has cats, the swords has butterflies and the chalices just has a variety.

Can't stop picking up this deck :)

Miss Divine

I've just noticed that the suits have animals attached to them. The pentacles has rabbits, the wands has cats, the swords has butterflies and the chalices just has a variety.

Can't stop picking up this deck :)

I'm jealous! Ordered over a month ago and it still hasn't arrived. ~Sigh~

Cocobird55

Mine arrived yesterday -- beautiful deck. But it's fumy so it's in the window airing out for a while.

EmpressArwen

I watched a youtube video showing all the cards...I'm kind of meh on the Death card and completely confused by The Chariot but I really wonder what is the Devil card? I couldnt really tell what it is on the video.

Cocobird55

I've been using this deck since I got it. The readings it gives me are very clear.

teawoman

So far I'm not thrilled. The images seem somewhat static to me, a bit lifeless. However, it's only been one day so obviously too soon to tell! And I haven't opened the book yet - that may help.

The Happy Squirrel

I don't have this deck but I saw the Death card and the Devil card on a YouTube review and I think they are very poignant. No words or thoughts are necessary to convey the message, you just feel it instantly.

The Death card simply said, it ends, gone, ceased to exist, and it begins, birth, metamorphosis.

The Devil card depicts a floating mirror chained to its base, and a reflection of a gloomy tree looking back at you. Captured and stuck by illusions, perceptions, reflections.

The deck as a whole is not my style, but I love those two cards.