Favorite gilded deck?

FLizarraga

By the way, the Krylon copper looks really nice on a trimmed Thoth.

It does! I did it. (Had the pen and the deck, so it was a matter of sitting down and doing it.) It looks great. I have another Thoth gilded in metallic gold and, although it's nice, it pales compared to this.

agviz

It does! I did it. (Had the pen and the deck, so it was a matter of sitting down and doing it.) It looks great. I have another Thoth gilded in metallic gold and, although it's nice, it pales compared to this.

Very nice to hear! The Thoth really grew on me once I trimmed and copper gilded it. Before then I was indifferent to it. Funny how that works.

nisaba

An acquaintance of mine did a tarot reading for me a few weeks back, and used her favorite deck--the Golden Klimt tarot. I was surprised at how much I absolutely loved seeing the golden foil shine from the cards.

The Klimt and the Botticelli are slightly disappointing in their gilding - it's tiny little touches all over the place. Me, I have the magpie gene, and I love great slabs of gilding in the images such as you find in the LoS Visconti-Sforza.

As far as edges go, I always feel that if they gilded some of the images, they *should* gild the edges - decks like all of those with gilded images and plain edges always disappoint in that tiny way.

As to edges, gold edges remind me of a lot of gold-edged hardbacks in the house where I grew up - books printed in the early twentieth century if they were cloth bound and weren't obvious pot-boilers would often have the edges of the pages gilded. So gold edging isn't so very exotic to me. But I well remember the moment I first slid my Kunati Quantum out of its box and saw its SILVER-gilt edges - they seemed so luxurious and so wonderful!

I was playing with it only a few minutes ago, as it happens.

WolfyJames

The Truth-Seeker's Tarot too has some gilding, really pretty.

Dark Victory '39

longevity of gilded edges?

Maybe i'm just a brute, but i've had issues in the past w/ wearing the sides of gilt edges, and i feel like i'm not doing any heavy shuffling but you see side streaks, like where fingers have been: happened w/ touchstone, happened w/ v. romantic.

Now in other news, my t. des filles which had silver edges, i've realized they've umm...tarnished and turned gold. I've had the deck for about 3 years, and to be honest quality of paperstock and edges was better than the above mentioned decks. however it had been stored in a strange french-y ceramic soap dish on my dresser so it was exposed to sun. Could that do it?

feynrir

Maybe i'm just a brute, but i've had issues in the past w/ wearing the sides of gilt edges, and i feel like i'm not doing any heavy shuffling but you see side streaks, like where fingers have been: happened w/ touchstone, happened w/ v. romantic.

Now in other news, my t. des filles which had silver edges, i've realized they've umm...tarnished and turned gold. I've had the deck for about 3 years, and to be honest quality of paperstock and edges was better than the above mentioned decks. however it had been stored in a strange french-y ceramic soap dish on my dresser so it was exposed to sun. Could that do it?

What kind of leafing pen/paint did you use? I just bought myself Krylon pens. Messy, for sure (tried them out on my Lenormand-designated playing card deck), and now I'm wondering how it will wear. I've only used the silver so far.