WHY didn't I think of this? What a cool deck!

seven stars

Housewives Tarot - anyone else see this? Comes in a recipe tin omg how freakin cute is THAT???? I really know nothing about it yet I just ran across it on Facebook. I don't even know who made the deck, I'll find out - on my way out now but I'll look when I get back.

Attachments

• Housewives tarot.jpg
    Housewives tarot.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 167

seven stars

by Paul Kepple (Author), Jude Buffum (Author)

Attachments

• Housewives tarot 2.jpg
    Housewives tarot 2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 109

sabrina77

I have it. It's a fun deck. :)

Calcifer

Um, pretty well known deck, I'd say...lol. Don't spend much time perusing the decks over in the decks section, do you :p. For fun, you ought try "Listing All", and slowly going through them... amazing variety..

Michael

Otello

Wow, it's a lovely deck!

Next time I'll want to get rid of my feminist girlfriend I'll only need to give her this deck as a present! :p

MoonGypsy

Had it a couple of years ago...

Aeric

I find that Housewives is sold less as a serious Tarot deck and more as a tongue-in-cheek parody.

I've rarely seen Housewives show up in the New Age section of bookstores with other Tarot decks. Instead it goes separately in the Humour section, or is left out completely and relegated to kitschy gimmick stores as a party game or a joke toy.

When a deck isn't treated as seriously by distributors, it can affect its popularity. And that's a shame because from what I've read of it it is a complete, thoroughly researched and thoughtfully made deck, in addition to being funny and kitschy.

MoonGypsy

i believe it is the same creator as the Zombie Tarot...

Aeric

i believe it is the same creator as the Zombie Tarot...
Which is interesting, because I've often seen Housewives and Zombie together in novelty stores, but less often with other decks.

Le Fanu

Which is interesting, because I've often seen Housewives and Zombie together in novelty stores, but less often with other decks.

Me too. I've seen them in smart artsy/graphic design bookstores (saw the Housewives recently in an ultra up-market one in Madrid). It's a sort of hipster/retro/ironic/gift idea deck.

I had it and, contrary to a lot of members here I did merely find it to be a funny one trick pony. Of course you can read with it as you can read with anything, but I never quite bought into the "tells it like it is" school.

However, the idea is superb - excellently thought out and beautifully accomplished in terms of packaging. It can be read with and read well with (as others here will tell you) but I still find it to be a curio.