Inner Child Cards: OMG

kimtsan

So I am currently waiting for the postman to deliver this deck of awesomeness to me...I discovered it two days ago and I bought it immediately. I've always wanted a deck that utilizes fairy tale archetypes and I did a random search on Aeclectic Tarot...and I can't believe I didn't know about it before!!

Each major arcana cards is represented by a fairy tale character. E.g. High Priestess = Fairy Godmother and Hermit = Snow White. I think the Fool is the Red Riding Cap. :)

These are the minor arcana suits:

The Magic Wands
The Swords of Truth
The Winged Hearts
The Earth Crystals

Like OMG I just had a fairytale nerd-gasm. :D SO EXCITED.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/inner-child/

Just wanted to share this exciting find. :D :D :D CAN'T WAIT UNTIL IT'S ACTUALLY IN MY HANDS!!

EmpressArwen

LOL Your excitement is contagious. Now I want them!

Have fun! I'm now off to add these to my amazon wish list!

HuskyChariot

Wow! I want them too :D They actually remind me of being a kid...

OaksWhispering

How enchanting!!

Rhoswen

I've been a huge fan of this deck since I bought it back in 2000 or so. At the time I didn't really know tarot, but still did single-card draws and loved the deck and book anyway. It helped me through a really difficult time of my life.

Enjoy!

Carla

This a common theme of mine and one of my most frequent responses: I used to have that deck but I traded it. :)

cSpaceDiva

I always thought this was an underrated deck and that it didn't get enough attention. Probably because of the title and theme, people think it must be a childish deck. I think sometimes there is a perception that dark=deep, and that colorful, cheerful decks are all fluff and no substance. I have to disagree, I think there is a place for both types of decks. Hope you enjoy it!

kimtsan

I always thought this was an underrated deck and that it didn't get enough attention. Probably because of the title and theme, people think it must be a childish deck. I think sometimes there is a perception that dark=deep, and that colorful, cheerful decks are all fluff and no substance. I have to disagree, I think there is a place for both types of decks. Hope you enjoy it!

I love fairytales. They seem like such simple stories, but there is more than what meets the eye. Originally, fairytales are written as cautionary tales for children. They are written in an imaginative and presented in a magical way so that children will inherit the desirable social values of that time. Fairytale also has many powerful archetypes that represents various parts of the psyche.

And the original versions of the fairytale are actually quite dark...Disney gave them all happily ever afters, but if you go back and read the original Cinderella, Red Riding Cap, and Jack and the Bean Stalk etc...it's DARK stuff.

Anyway. Better stop myself before I start nerd-barfing. :D

kimtsan

LOL Your excitement is contagious. Now I want them!

Have fun! I'm now off to add these to my amazon wish list!

Hahahahahah I AM SO EXCITED!!! :D IT FEELS LIKE DESTINY.

kimtsan

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED