Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

JadePixie

I was wondering if I could get some feedback enabling/de-enabling for the Circo Tarot. It is on sale right now and I'm so tempted! <3

I like it, have been using it to read for myself since I got it. It reads well and appeals to my aesthetics :)

Have my eye on the Anna K, Shadowscapes, Paulina and Clover tarot if anyone wants to enable/de-enable me on any of these decks :)

willowy

I like it, have been using it to read for myself since I got it. It reads well and appeals to my aesthetics :)

Have my eye on the Anna K, Shadowscapes, Paulina and Clover tarot if anyone wants to enable/de-enable me on any of these decks :)

Go for it with the Anna K,one of my favourite decks,has such a sweet death card (a gentle dark angel with arm out as if to say I'm sorry but its time for you to come with me,a very gentle and peaceful death card for a change),all beautiful artwork and decent companion book.Very easy to read,sticks to traditional interpretations of the cards,would be a nice beginner deck.
Shadowscapes and paulina are also wonderful,very detailed artwork,pretty feminine colours,and again good book with shadowscapes.Details on the artwork of both are sometimes a bit too tiny,thats the only bad point I could find,but I still love them so recommend any of those three.Not had the pleasure of encountering the clover tarot so maybe someone else can help with that one.

JadePixie

Go for it with the Anna K,one of my favourite decks,has such a sweet death card (a gentle dark angel with arm out as if to say I'm sorry but its time for you to come with me,a very gentle and peaceful death card for a change),all beautiful artwork and decent companion book.Very easy to read,sticks to traditional interpretations of the cards,would be a nice beginner deck.
Shadowscapes and paulina are also wonderful,very detailed artwork,pretty feminine colours,and again good book with shadowscapes.Details on the artwork of both are sometimes a bit too tiny,thats the only bad point I could find,but I still love them so recommend any of those three.Not had the pleasure of encountering the clover tarot so maybe someone else can help with that one.

Thanks Willowy, it's a good time to self gift being xmas time 'n all heheheh

CharlotteK

I love the Anna K deck and am happy to enable. It's my 'go to' if I need good advice delivered with warmth and empathy. It's mostly RWS but with a few differences. The people in the artwork are it's real strength. The Lovers card, unusually shows an older couple. The Empress isn't your typical beauty but she sums up Empress energy perfect. The people have real emotion in their expressions and I find I get a lot from it. The star is the odd one as it has no-one in it but I still get a real sense of hope and light from it. It's a wonderful deck, it reads so well and has a lot of depth. There are two versions available - the Anna K self published 2nd edition and the mass market Llewellyn from 2013. The latter is more vibrant in colour and has a black border and the cardstoxk isn't bad. The self published cards are a little thicker and more matte, they have a very thin border of different colours depending on suit. The colours are more muted and some of the detail is easier to see on the mass market version, but on the flip side the colours of the self publishrd feel richer and warmer. I was very happy with the Llewellyn and loved the deck so much I wanted to get the self published before Anna runs out. We had an exchange of emails and she's a lovely lady.
I can enable and de enable with this one as I have it and am in two minds about it.
There are some cards that are very beautiful and really fit with the meaning of the card,the high priestess,two of cups,magicain,ten of cups,the hierophant,seven of swords,ten of swords and the stars for instance.It has a good use of colour,especially the really dark cards complimented with vibrant red.
The downside,sometimes seemingly pointless nudity,nudity doesn't bother me at all,but I like it to have a point and fit with the card,not for it to be,'oh another nude woman stood there..' Some of the images don't seem to fit with standard meanings for them so can be challenging to get,and the booklet is typical Lo sacrebo style,in that you only get 14 pages of english so doesn't help,really should of had its own guidebook.
Its a deck I plan to keep in my collection for artworks sake,but I have to say I can think of alot of decks I prefer over it.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

JadePixie

I love the Anna K deck and am happy to enable. It's my 'go to' if I need good advice delivered with warmth and empathy. It's mostly RWS but with a few differences. The people in the artwork are it's real strength. The Lovers card, unusually shows an older couple. The Empress isn't your typical beauty but she sums up Empress energy perfect. The people have real emotion in their expressions and I find I get a lot from it. The star is the odd one as it has no-one in it but I still get a real sense of hope and light from it. It's a wonderful deck, it reads so well and has a lot of depth. There are two versions available - the Anna K self published 2nd edition and the mass market Llewellyn from 2013. The latter is more vibrant in colour and has a black border and the cardstoxk isn't bad. The self published cards are a little thicker and more matte, they have a very thin border of different colours depending on suit. The colours are more muted and some of the detail is easier to see on the mass market version, but on the flip side the colours of the self publishrd feel richer and warmer. I was very happy with the Llewellyn and loved the deck so much I wanted to get the self published before Anna runs out. We had an exchange of emails and she's a lovely lady.
Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks I think I'll take the plunge!

Nemia

Do so, you won't regret it. The Anna K. gives clear readings in a very down to earth but sensitive language. The art is wonderfully expressive, the use of colour exquisite and the whole deck has a completely individual character.

Anna made it for herself and used it before she was urged by others to publish it. You can see it's a deck that comes from the heart of a tarot user, it's not a commission with a list of attributes, symbols and mise en scene. There's something organic and real about the whole deck.

I love it dearly.

The Shadowscapes is hauntingly beautiful but it's much more of a diva. You have to flatter, tickle, pamper it before it gives a clear message. Many cards resemble, the details are so small that you really have to work to get to know the deck online or have a good look at the book to appreciate the art.

Anna K. tells you clearly what the matter is.

I'm glad I have both and I love the Shadowscapes, too, but Anna K. is a reliable, plain friend and Shadowscapes the lady of Camelias ;-)

cosita

I was wondering if I could get some feedback enabling/de-enabling for the Circo Tarot. It is on sale right now and I'm so tempted! <3

I'm not sure where you'll be getting yours from, so it may differ a bit from what I have. I got the one from Kickstarter a few months ago. I love the artwork and it reads very easily for me, but I wish it had thinner and less stiff card stock.

The deck is about 1 5/16" thick compared to my Lo Scarabeo Tarot of the Magical Forest which is 11/16" thick. I don't have big hands so shuffling is a little uncomfortable. I'm guessing the stiffness would go away after more uses, but the deck is still pretty thick. If you're a card stock connoisseur and you're not in love with the artwork, you may want to skip it. If you love the artwork, it's a fantastic deck that gives gentle readings no matter what the topic.

I hope that helps!

Tammanoa

I'm not sure where you'll be getting yours from, so it may differ a bit from what I have. I got the one from Kickstarter a few months ago. I love the artwork and it reads very easily for me, but I wish it had thinner and less stiff card stock.

The deck is about 1 5/16" thick compared to my Lo Scarabeo Tarot of the Magical Forest which is 11/16" thick. I don't have big hands so shuffling is a little uncomfortable. I'm guessing the stiffness would go away after more uses, but the deck is still pretty thick. If you're a card stock connoisseur and you're not in love with the artwork, you may want to skip it. If you love the artwork, it's a fantastic deck that gives gentle readings no matter what the topic.

I hope that helps!

I am getting the 2nd edition in the limited format from the official website. I love hearing about the thickness and sizes of cards because there are some that are a little clunky! Thank you for letting me know, it really does help!

cosita

I am getting the 2nd edition in the limited format from the official website. I love hearing about the thickness and sizes of cards because there are some that are a little clunky! Thank you for letting me know, it really does help!

No worries! I just realized that I made a typo, the Magical Forest deck is 15/16", just a little under an inch.

If I remember right, the Kickstarter one was already the second edition, so you'll possibly get the same card stock as I have. The deck's really chunky, and it's also glossy, not matte like the usual mass-produced deck.

It kind of feels like there's more cons than pros! I still really like it, though. :)

JadePixie

Do so, you won't regret it. The Anna K. gives clear readings in a very down to earth but sensitive language. The art is wonderfully expressive, the use of colour exquisite and the whole deck has a completely individual character.

Anna made it for herself and used it before she was urged by others to publish it. You can see it's a deck that comes from the heart of a tarot user, it's not a commission with a list of attributes, symbols and mise en scene. There's something organic and real about the whole deck.

I love it dearly.

The Shadowscapes is hauntingly beautiful but it's much more of a diva. You have to flatter, tickle, pamper it before it gives a clear message. Many cards resemble, the details are so small that you really have to work to get to know the deck online or have a good look at the book to appreciate the art.

Anna K. tells you clearly what the matter is.

I'm glad I have both and I love the Shadowscapes, too, but Anna K. is a reliable, plain friend and Shadowscapes the lady of Camelias ;-)

Awesome to know, thanks Nemia! I am well and truly enabled!