What version is the University Books deck copied from?

Yelell

I've been looking through these old threads for a while now, trying to figure out where it might say what version the University Books deck is copied from. That deck has a few differences and idiosyncrasies -the old Merrimack and the newer idiot's guide deck seem to be based on the University deck, but the Zolar doesn't. I saw this link of scans but none of them seem to be the same as the University. http://tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=2612440&postcount=1

Yelell

Found this
There is a mystery about the University Books PKT: their 2 of Swords is slightly diffrent from the Rider version. Causeway and Merrimack have same feature.

So I guess that means the University deck and book both had the different version? I wondered if the coloration changes might mean they just recolored the black and whites, but that wouldn't explain the larger 2 of swords island.

karen0205

I would say it's a Pamela A
You have to look past the garish colors
on the UP version but I think it's a Pam A.

Attachments

• UP press Pamela A e.JPG
    UP press Pamela A e.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 184

Yelell

Yes, the line art seems to line up pretty well. I wonder what possessed them to draw a bigger island on the 2 of swords, but who really knows. The recoloring IS quite a bit brighter, and really not as well done.

karen0205

Yes, the line art seems to line up pretty well. I wonder what possessed them to draw a bigger island on the 2 of swords, but who really knows. The recoloring IS quite a bit brighter, and really not as well done.

I think the coloring is horrible. So garish.
I didn't look at the 2 of swords, will have to take a peek