Book depository order

moonbear

I use both Amazon and Book Depository and yes, the Book Depository sometimes take longer but not always.

I'm quite happy with the service I get from both companies and the wait doesn't bother me. They're both efficient for refunds and returns and that's important.

Having spent years without decent access to English language books here (no Internet) I'm just really pleased to be able to buy them easily now!

moonbearxxx

reall

I'm in Europe(geographically speaking) and my BD order usually arrive within 9/20 days?:) if it takes longer than 30days it usually mean it's lost and I'll never see it arrive so I contact them and they apologize and send a new one?:) this happened only few times I'm ordering from then in few yrs and usually around ny holidays so I plan my orders to avoid possible post slowdown!:) agree we should support local bookstores!:) but BD is still my fav for big selection of books n decks and *free shipping just wish they offer upgrade shipping option so you can pay if you want tracking or express shipping and avoid all hussle?!x,x facepalm

also imo they mostly work with POD these days so I wish they offer that option for selfpublished deck creators who do the same to sell their deck via BD?x,x just imagine to see your deck presented on BD!:)) THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!XD lolz :))

p.s and if I want my order quick ebay is best!^^ lolz :))

Le Fanu

The best revenge you can have - in the light of what gregory says - is to be patient. That's what I do. Say no to paying for speedier shipping. I've always been happy with the BD.

I always assume that BD orders will take two weeks and they invariably arrive in just under that. I'm not being critical but let's face it, decks aren't exactly urgent unless you're ordering a gift for someone and you're a bit late. In most cases we're just used to wanting things NOW!

In my experience they always acknowledge an order immediately. Sometimes it is only shipped a couple of days later but, honestly, I never expect anything within two weeks and am always pleasantly surprised when it arrives 10 days later.

And don't forget that many people use BD because it is sometimes - not always - cheaper. So if it's cheaper, I see waiting as the price I pay. I keep myself busy, but I see it as having to pay that difference with a little more waiting.

Their stuff always arrives though. I never bother with tracking though - even when I have it from a seller - I never check. Do people really sit around checking where a package is?

Aeon418

Amazon itself is also way slower than it used to be for non-Prime users.
I've noticed that. Often I pay for Standard Delivery on books from Amazon UK that are listed as "In Stock". Then I end up regretting it when the tracking update says it's being dispatched from an Amazon storage facility in Kobern-Gondorf, Germany! Whether you pay for shipping or not, orders dispatching from Kobern-Gondorf seem to take a long time to arrive.

gregory

I've noticed that. Often I pay for Standard Delivery on books from Amazon UK that are listed as "In Stock". Then I end up regretting it when the tracking update says it's being dispatched from an Amazon storage facility in Kobern-Gondorf, Germany! Whether you pay for shipping or not, orders dispatching from Kobern-Gondorf seem to take a long time to arrive.
I can top that. I ordered from amazon UK (not from a seller there) and the item took three weeks and was dispatched from Hong Kong. I don't MIND - but giving a likely date of 3 days after my order seemed perverse of them.

Aeon418

I can top that. I ordered from amazon UK (not from a seller there) and the item took three weeks and was dispatched from Hong Kong. I don't MIND - but giving a likely date of 3 days after my order seemed perverse of them.
You win! :laugh:

Actually I think Amazon have just got sneakier in general. I remember when there used to be a reasonable "cooling off period" where you could cancel recent orders fairly easily. Now orders seem to enter dispatch quite quickly, but then they sit there "dispatching soon" for the best part of a week.

And I really don't like the 'hard sell' of Amazon Prime during the checkout process. It's easy see why so many people have signed up by accident and have not realised until money starts being withdrawn from their bank accounts.

Amberjune

I have been a BD customer for many years and am very happy and satisfied with their service. Most orders arrive within 4-7 days (Central Europe). Some years ago I lived on a small island in the Atlantic and all my BD orders made it there without delay or problems.

In all these years I've only had two complaints; both times they replied immediately and fixed the issue at no additional costs. In addition to that the BD is much much faster & cheaper than ordering books locally.

When I place orders with the local bookstore, I usually wait 5-8 weeks and pay upwards of 150% of what I pay at the BD. When ordering from Amazon, shipping takes about 2 weeks or more.

So, BD is by far my preferred seller. Did truly not know that delays in delivery and long waits are a thing at BD...!

AJ

international shipping means it takes as long as it takes. Is anyone going to die if your deck doesn't come next day express?

olivia1

I'm just never buying from them again. they estimated I would have my deck in 8 working days tops and I don't even think it'll arrive today or even tomorrow. I ended up buying the same deck from a nice woman in California who emailed me a few hours after to tell me she'd have my deck out in today's mail. It was estimated that the deck would arrive by Monday.

I'd rather pay extra from someone else than deal with this none sense. There are too many other sellers out there. I had no idea that they will claim to have an item even though they they really don't have it on hand. I also had no idea they were only in the U.K. They call themselves Book Depository USA so I thought I was purchasing from America. I avoid international purchases because they take forever. Never ever again.

The best revenge you can have - in the light of what gregory says - is to be patient. That's what I do. Say no to paying for speedier shipping. I've always been happy with the BD.

I always assume that BD orders will take two weeks and they invariably arrive in just under that. I'm not being critical but let's face it, decks aren't exactly urgent unless you're ordering a gift for someone and you're a bit late. In most cases we're just used to wanting things NOW!

In my experience they always acknowledge an order immediately. Sometimes it is only shipped a couple of days later but, honestly, I never expect anything within two weeks and am always pleasantly surprised when it arrives 10 days later.

And don't forget that many people use BD because it is sometimes - not always - cheaper. So if it's cheaper, I see waiting as the price I pay. I keep myself busy, but I see it as having to pay that difference with a little more waiting.

Their stuff always arrives though. I never bother with tracking though - even when I have it from a seller - I never check. Do people really sit around checking where a package is?