J. Gaudais 1860

FLizarraga

It's Fournier all right. And ther seller who sold it to me said it was from Spain - that is strange.

Yes, my box says Made in Spain, and publisher is Fournier.

There's a thread here where someone has posted to say that Fournier was French but moved his business to Spain - I think it was Kwaw (could be wrong - my aplogies to the rightful poster).

I'm afraid the French name has become somewhat of a red herring. Fournier is, and has always been, a Spanish company. I think they are currently owned by a larger American company (who isn't?), but they are still based in Spain.

FLizarraga

Oh, the Gaudais deck. It is a reproduction of a French deck, made by Fournier (the reproduction, not the original). There is an eBay listing right now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/J-GAUDAIS-T...DUCTION-CARDS-NEW-SEALED-UNUSED-/331720160187

If you look at the second picture, the box says in French: "This Tarot has been reproduced by Naipes Heraclio Fournier, the original was made in 1860, in Paris, by J.GAUDAIS, [and] is located at the Museum of Cards "Fournier" of Vitoria (Spain)."

ETA. I just noticed that kwaw had pointed out the same thing. :)

Apparently the Fournier museum sells a lot of reproductions of the decks they keep. I have a beautiful Minchiate reproduction by them.