grounding crystals

awinterrose

what are some good crystals to put under your pillow while you sleep on a floor to ground yourself? specifically crystals that also calm down anxiety and stress. Also does does anyone have any rituals or sacred geometry formations that help ground a person when they are going through a high stress and anxiety period in their life? Lastly, is there any tips or tricks to use when charging crystals? currently i am just charging them in moonlight.

barefootlife

With the caveat that I'm not really a crystals person, I carry a piece of Mugglestone in my pocket.

Mugglestone: also called Tiger Iron is a grounding stone that also brings protection, especially protection from danger. It is also a stone of clarity, particularly clarity of knowledge, enabling one to see the truth below the apparent surface of issues. Mugglestone also helps with creative endeavors and all types of artistic abilities. It is used to bring strength, vitality, confidence, willpower, and balance. It is an excellent stone for people wishing to bring more motivation to their lives. In folklore and crystal healing lore, Mugglestone is said to balance white and red blood cells, increase natural steroids, and improve muscular structure, and help with healing legs, sexual organs, liver, and the nervous system. Mugglestone harmonizes well with garnet, golden labradorite and all members of the quartz and jasper family. Mugglestone is related to the sacral, solar plexus and root chakras. Mugglestone is a combination of hematite, red jasper, and sometimes yellow jasper or golden tiger eye.

I can't speak to all of its qualities, because I mostly carry it in an effort to keep myself from getting too caught up in negative atmospheres. It's not particularly expensive and easy to find on etsy and other online crystal/stone shops.

celticnoodle

Black Tourmaline is a great crystal to consider here. It is a great grounding crystal and will help you to sleep better as well as let go of any anxiety and stress you may be experiencing. This is a great and must have crystal for your bedroom, to help with a peaceful sleep.

Smoky Quartz is another lovely crystal for grounding and will also relieve stress and anxiety.

Jet crystals. A fantastic crystal to help with grounding and protection against negativity and is my fave crystal to carry on me when I have to go into stressful situations. It is also a great grounding stone. This is my FAVORITE crystal for grounding and protection in stressful situations.

I also like to carry rose quartz with me, as it is such a beautiful and loving crystal that it reminds you that you are special and loved. I carry it with me in stressful situations along with the jet crystals.

You'll find that there are many crystals for grounding etc. My personal favourite is the malachite because of how pretty it looks. Drawback is that it's poisonous and can't be handled with your bare hands.

https://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-encyclopedia/malachite

Malachite itself is not poisonous unless you were to break it up and breathe in its dust, which is what is poisonous. I have many pieces of malachite and have handled these crystals many times with my bare hand for years without any issue. They are beautiful crystals and I have many beautiful ones in my collection.

Redfaery

Hematite is the grounding stone par excellence, but I've met people who don't react well to it. Bloodstone is gentler, but still effective. I've personally never gotten any grounding effect from smoky quartz, oddly enough.

12doggiepaws

I've personally never gotten any grounding effect from smoky quartz, oddly enough.
OMG....Me too! I thought I was the odd one.

I like my Boji stones. They are very grounding for me.

ben Anat

I wear a red jasper pendant during the day. It makes a wonderful worry bead, and I have noticed I feel grounded and more energetic since starting to wear it.

Also, when I feel I need extra protection or grounding, a malachite ring or some obsidian in my pocket usually does the trick. (I prefer mahogany obsidian; I personally find black obsidian very intense.)

dejahealed

Hi All

I have more of an armchair knowledge - I read a lot about crystals but have worked less with them, mostly because they are sometimes expensive.

So here are the few crystals I've worked with.

Dear Amethyst is super grounding, in my experience.
Sucks me right back into my body. And I have PTSD.

The red Jasper has already been mentioned but, my experience again, works more on calming, fear than actually reconnecting to my body. Nice to use in combo with Amethyst.

Rosemary flower essence from FES flowers is super grounding I read once. Decided to try it but disassociation is a pain. Doesn't work much for me, but then again, I am a case

Rescue remedy helps me cry everytime though. (Bach)
so does Star of Bethlehem when I'm releasing new trauma or to release old trauma (Bach)

Just standing with barefoot outside on a patch of grass grounds you instantly, alleviates pain, balances your emotions, electrolytes, takes away stress, try it when the weather allows it.

In a crisis moment I did it for 20 minutes in a couple of inches of snow once. It helped!
Hope it might serve you you