Herbal Tarot - Seven of Cups - Juniper Berries

Soaring Eagle

You can see the minor arcane cards in Constellation 7.

Description: Seven cups are seen in a mass of clouds. The cups contain a ribbon, a mask, jewels, a castle, a wreath, a heart and flowers, and a gryphon. The gryphon is eating from a branch of juniper.

Significant Details: The cups symbolize wishes fulfilled. The ribbon symbolizes things you want. The mask symbolizes fun. The jewels symbolize wealth. The castle symbolizes home. The wreath symbolizes festivities. The heart and flowers symbolize love. The gryphon symbolizes fantasy. The juniper branch symbolizes warding off evil. The clouds symbolize hope.

Keywords: Illusions, Choices, Imagination, Being a visionary, Fantasy

Medicinal Uses: The berries are diuretic and antiseptic. The oil is carminative. Juniper is used to treat cyctitis, indigestion, and flatulence. AVOID during pregnancy. Culpeper’s Color Herbal. Juniper was once thought to keep out evil spirits, and prevent witches from entering a home if planted by the door. It is also used for urethritis, gout, aching muscles, rheumatic and arthritic pain, catarrh and congestion. American Nature Guides Herbs by Anna Kruger.

My Interpretation: You may be faced with many choices during this time. Do not allow yourself to be carried away by illusions or fantasies. Use your imagination and be creative in your projects during this time.

Number Significance: 7 - Discovery, Imagination, Instincts, Urges, Introspection. The 7 of Cups is ruled by Venus in Scorpio. Juniper is ruled by the Sun. The Sevens are in Constellation 7 with VII Chariot and XVI Tower. Starting. Causing. Stimulating. Control. Breakthrough. Self-Development. Insight. Building Up and Letting Go. Conflict and Trials.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: What a choice to make if you were offered these cups. I know I would have a hard time making a decision.