LeNormand deck by LoScarabeo

catlin

Anybody already seen this one somewhere out?

catlin

Humpedy-bump. No-one got this/likes this?

Emily

Hi Catlin,

I did a search and couldn't find anything about it - Lo Scarabeo do a Lenormand deck but its one of the MllLenormand ones(sp).

catlin

Yes, it is one of the Mme Lenormand decks but it is one who claims to be a reprint of an 19th century deck. At least this one does not look so "kitsch" as most of the Lenormand decks do.

zorya

i was curious about this deck as well. diana might be able to tell us something about it, or at least about the deck they are reproducing, she's our house lenormand expert.

hey diana!!!!

felicityk

I haven't seen the Lo Scarabeo Lenormand deck anywhere. Is there somewhere online I could see pictures?

I did see what appears to be a new Lenormand-based deck and book set at Barnes & Noble, called Gypsy Fortunes. At a glance, the order of the cards didn't appear to be the same as the traditional Lenormand order. However, I only just recently obtained a Lenormand deck (the Piatnik version) and am not very familiar with it yet.

Felicity

Rusty Neon

catlin ... Are you talking about Lo Scarabeo's oracle deck called the _Sibylla Oracle_? If so, that's a photoproduction of a 52-card French oracle deck called the _Sybille des Salons_ , and is not a Lenormand deck.

felicityk

I think I found the deck catlin was talking about, on the Llewellyn site:

http://www.llewellyn.com/bookstore/book.php?pn=J451

Unfortunately, there's only a box photo. I'd still like to see pictures of some individual cards if anyone knows where I can find them.

Felicity