EDSG #2 - King Cups, 3 Cups, Queen Swords

jenessa

Just as there is no one set of definitive tarot meanings, there is no one set of definitive rules for applying EDs. Some of the Golden Dawn rules for applying EDs made no sense to me, so I developed rules of my own that make sense to me. If they don't make sense to you (or anyone else), that's fine.
I wasn't sure about whether there were generally accepted rules re: the use of ed's, tho like you i'm trying to determine if i can come up with a system that works for me.

I'm also curious, do you know who came up with the concept of reading according to dignity? For some reason I'd thot this approach was adopted by those who read the Thoth?

There's strength in numbers. 2 Water cards win out over 1 Air card. That doesn't say that the thoughts are disregarded or negated, just that they're not acted upon - "I know I can make more money if I go work somewhere else, but this place is so much fun, I don't want to leave."
Thank for this "insight", there is indeed a fine line between disregarding something versus choosing not to act on something.

Unfortunately i don't have alot of time for semantics these days, tho i am enjoying this study group and will continue to join in from time to time.

& Many thanks for your detailed reply, it cleared up alot of my questions/REGARDS/jenessa

Ziev

King of Cups / 3 of Cups / Queen of Swords

Ok! Here goes my WWA. I basically just went with whatever came up first. :)

Work/Career

With your promotion (3C) you gain more insight (KC) into the politics of Corporate America (QS).

Relationships

You have lots to celebrate (3C) now that you are emotionally free (KC) from your ex-wife (QS).

Finances

Now is a good time (3C) to invest (KC) or you could lost out on a promising opportunity (QS).

Home

Your neighbour wont run out of beer (3C) as along as you bring more (KC) otherwise you could be all alone (QS).

rwcarter

Home is the weakest of the four, but they all have the supporting elements supporting each other in the interpretations. And I think you came up with some interesting interpretations of the QS.

Rodney

Ziev

Home is the weakest of the four, but they all have the supporting elements supporting each other in the interpretations. And I think you came up with some interesting interpretations of the QS.

Rodney

Lol I thought the home the best. 😜 I think I might have stretched out QS as corporate America. 😁 Nothing came to mind. I guess I could have just left it as politics.

rwcarter

Lol I thought the home the best. 😜 I think I might have stretched out QS as corporate America. 😁 Nothing came to mind. I guess I could have just left it as politics.
I'll give you that Home was the funniest. KC bringing more beer? Funny but dubious. ;)

Ziev

Ok, I probably could've thought of something different for KC. However, I was using my DruidCraft deck and it was BYOB kind of thing. It looks like the KC wanted to join the party. LOL. Here is a picture of it.

EDIT: I am uploading the pic in horizontal format but when I click it is goes vertical. grrr.

Attachments

• IMG_0574a.jpg
    IMG_0574a.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 107

rwcarter

Yes, he does. I retract my statement then. Brilliant interpretation based on imagery!

Ziev

3C / QS / KC
W A W

WORK/CAREER

Your co-workers (3C) find you intimidating (QS) and considerate (KS).

RELATIONSHIPS

Your girlfriend is more independent (QS) because you (KC) are always out with friends (3C).

FINANCES

Now is a time to be objective (QS) before going into business with your friends (3C) to ensure it is what you want (KC).

HOME

You let your mom (QS)tell you who you (KC) can spend your time with (3C).

Okay, how did I do?

rwcarter

3C / QS / KC
W A W

WORK/CAREER

Your co-workers (3C) find you intimidating (QS) and considerate (KS).
EDs are usually read from the center out, so I would've written that as "You intimidate (QS) your co-workers (3C), but they think you're considerate (KS)."

HOME

You let your mom (QS)tell you who you (KC) can spend your time with (3C).
More like "Your wife tells you (QS) with whom you (KC) can spend your time (3C)" cause the QS has a sword and she wouldn't hesitate to use it and the KC knows that! :laugh:

Okay, how did I do?
Another way of looking at neutral cards that flank the central card that just occurred to me is putting the central card out of its element. That's not weakening it, but more a fish out of water experience. Some cards (like the QS) will rise to that challenge, while others won't. That would fall in line with how I see and view neutral cards. In this case the cool and cerebral QS is surrounded by emotions and has to deal with them.

So you did fine.