Gipsy Fortune Telling Cards and Mlle. Lenormand Cartomany Deck

Summerdream

Does anyone have the Gipsy Fortune Telling Cards or Mlle. Lenormand Cartomany Deck by Piatnik? I just ordered them today for $6.40 each. Do they work good?

Momof3girls:)

Moonbow

Hi

I have two Lenormand decks the English verse deck and the Piatnik. I have been working mainly with the ones with the verses on, in order to get to know the deck but the Piatnik pictures are really nice.

This is completely different to Tarot but very nice to use. You can use the whole deck for readings (although I beleive Tarot spreads can also be used). You have a significator card and you have to take note of which cards are close and far away. I spoke to purple_scorp about them recently - she used the Titania Fortune cards but there are similarities in reading them. Have a look at this thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthrea...6&perpage=10&highlight=lenormand&pagenumber=1

Moonbow*

purple_scorp

Moonbow* said:
I spoke to purple_scorp about them recently - she used the Titania Fortune cards but there are similarities in reading them. Moonbow*

Hi, yes I have Lenormand and Titania's but I prefer the more modern interpretations (Titania's). Speaking of which Moonbow, have you bought Titania's deck yet? And if so, what do you think?

Cheers

purple_scorp

Moonbow

Hi purple_scorp

No I haven't got them yet, I haven't seen them in the shops (though I had but it is the Tarot set I've seen). I also have a 'few' decks on their way so I'm holding off at the moment. But I have been having a play with the Lenormand, with the spread you showed me - I think these cards are fun!

Moonbow*

lunakasha

purple_scorp said:
Hi, yes I have Lenormand and Titania's but I prefer the more modern interpretations (Titania's). Speaking of which Moonbow, have you bought Titania's deck yet? And if so, what do you think?

Cheers

purple_scorp

I also have the Titania's deck, and I LOVE it!!! These cards are amazingly accurate...I cannot say enough about them! :D

Oh, and yes, Moonbow*, they are definitely FUN to work with too! Hope you find yours soon...if you can't find them locally, you can order them from amazon.com for (I think) $14.95....

I don't have any of the other, more "traditional" Lenormand decks, but they are very nice....hmmmm, excuse me whilst I edit my wish list.....hehe })

:D Luna

WolfyJames

I have the Gipsy Fortune Telling Cards and the more traditional Jeu LeNormand by Carta Mundi with the french poems.

The second was given to me by my mother and is the first I got. I started playing with it, but I really clicked with the Gipsy Fortune Telling Cards that I got as a gift afterward. The Gipsy is similar to the LeNormand, a few cards are differents (different names) but the meanings are the same. Personaly, I found the Gipsy's LWB more complete than the LeNormand's LWB. I use the Gipsy mainly but kept the other one anyway (it's a really traditional deck, with the original french poems). I get good results with the deck, the Gipsy one.

I have come up with two LeNormand spreads by the way, you can find them here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=187583#post187583

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23962

mingbop

is this the russian gypsy fortune telling cards you are talking about?? I'm trading with Faunabay for them and I Cant wait for them !

lunakasha

mingbop said:
is this the russian gypsy fortune telling cards you are talking about?? I'm trading with Faunabay for them and I Cant wait for them !

Actually, no, these are a different set of cards....they are called "Gipsy Fortune Telling Cards" and are published by Piatnik.

The ones you refer to, Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards, are published by Harper SanFrancisco, and are very different in design from the Piatnik cards....

I have been interested in the Russian GFT cards for a long time....they sound like they would be fun to read with, and very accurate from what I read on amazon.com...

I think there is a thread here on AT that talks about the Russian cards...here it is:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18560&highlight=Russian+Gypsy

Have fun with them!
:) Luna

mingbop

ok many thanks for that..

Summerdream

Thanks for the link to those spreads WolfyJames. I have found the Gipsy cards to be quite accurate while doing a 3 card spread. I love them.
Momof3girls:)