Gipsy Fortune Telling Cards and Mlle. Lenormand Cartomany Deck

WolfyJames

I just discovered that there are two Gypsy LeNormand decks out there. Mine is the Gypsy LeNormand Oracle Deck by Bruno Bieri, that can be seen HERE and HERE , and the other is called Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Playing Cards, and it can be seen HERE. So, when I was talking of my Gypsy LeNormand, I was talking of the first deck I mentionned, by Bruno Bieri. Sorry for my confusion.

Alta

just for balance

I have had the Russian Gypsy cards and traded them away. :( Sometimes I am sorry but have never tried to get them back. They are really awkward to use (imo) and never gave me good readings, sniff.

Diana

Momof3girls said:
Does anyone have the Gipsy Fortune Telling Cards or Mlle. Lenormand Cartomany Deck by Piatnik? I just ordered them today for $6.40 each. Do they work good?

Momof3girls:)

The Lenormand Cartomancy Deck by Pitanik is a good deck, when it comes to Lenormand cards. But they unfortunately made a mistake in the Clouds (card no. 6). The dark clouds should be on the right, and the bright side on the left. It's a pity that they were not more attentive to this important detail because it's really a lovely deck otherwise and extremely readable when it comes to reading in the Lenormand fashion.

The Gypsy Lenormand cards are just someone making a quick buck out of someone else's idea. Taking the exact same cards and putting another kind of bear, another kind of bouquet of flowers (plus removing some important details.. probably too lazy to have tried to figure out what they actually were there for). Some people are ready to do anything to make money quickly. This kind of thievery I find quite despicable, but I know that one day, Justice will catch up.

Apart from the artwork which I find is ugly, I wouldn't use it because of the reason given in my previous post. It just doesn't seem honest.

If someone wants to design an oracle deck, they should find their own ideas. If they can't, then they're not very intuitive.... and should find another job.

Moonbow

I have the Piatnik. I really like them, although I would like more time to devote to them. I have the Jeu Lenormand in English too.

I know the clouds are on the other side of the Piatnik cards - but it really doesn't bother me. I always go with what the cards say, whether its on the left or right.

It's a shame, like Diana said, that they didn't pay more attention especially when it comes to being true to history, but its such a lovely deck that it doesn't stop me using it.

WolfyJames

I just checked my Gypsy LeNormand (Bruno Bieri) and the clouds on the Clouds card are on the right side, like they should be. I personaly prefer this deck over my other deck. The colors are vibrant, the LWB is more complete, there are also simple designs on the cards (square, triangle round shape) that tell you right away if the card is good or not. The drawing is simple, cute, folksy and romantic (modern, yet not modern). It seems I get the readings right away with this deck; maybe I was distracted by the poems on the cards with the other deck.

Summerdream

Re: Re: Gipsy Fortune Telling Cards and Mlle. Lenormand Cartomany Deck

Diana said:

The Gypsy Lenormand cards are just someone making a quick buck out of someone else's idea. Taking the exact same cards and putting another kind of bear, another kind of bouquet of flowers (plus removing some important details.. probably too lazy to have tried to figure out what they actually were there for). Some people are ready to do anything to make money quickly. This kind of thievery I find quite despicable, but I know that one day, Justice will catch up.

Mine are the Gipsy Fortune Telling Cards. Here is a link:
http://www.learntarot.com/ggdesc.htm

I've worked with them and find them quite accurate. Does anyone have these?

tatsi

Lenormand's Cloud (#6) card: Traditionally, the DARK CLOUDS are on the RIGHT

Diana said:
The Lenormand Cartomancy Deck by Pitanik is a good deck, when it comes to Lenormand cards. But they unfortunately made a mistake in the Clouds (card no. 6). The dark clouds should be on the right, and the bright side on the left. It's a pity that they were not more attentive to this important detail because it's really a lovely deck otherwise and extremely readable when it comes to reading in the Lenormand fashion.

Which side the dark clouds are on is an important issue. I don't know why some Lenormand decks are careless in its placement. This discrepancy will likely not become an issue if you have or only read with one deck, OR by sheer luck all your decks have the dark clouds on the same side. But if you get books on the subject, and/or have and read with decks where the dark clouds are not all on the same side, then this can be confusing when you read from deck to deck.

tatsi

stella01904

Summerdream said:
Mine are the Gipsy Fortune Telling Cards. Here is a link:
http://www.learntarot.com/ggdesc.htm

I've worked with them and find them quite accurate. Does anyone have these?
MM ~ I've got them! Those are Zigeuner Wahrsagekarten! They're identical to Biedermeier cards except that there are 4 additional cards and the whole deck has been redrawn in a kind of 50's pulp-comic style. I love those! When you first said "Gypsy" I wasn't sure what you meant, there's Old Gypsy and Gypsy Witch and about a gazillion others...BB, Stella

tatsi

Fortune Telling Decks

Summerdream said:
Does anyone have the Gipsy Fortune Telling Cards or Mlle. Lenormand Cartomany Deck by Piatnik? I just ordered them today for $6.40 each. Do they work good?

I have both, but haven't used the Gipsy Fortune Telling Cards (aka Ziguener) yet. Of the Lenormand decks out there, the Mlle. Lenormand by Piatnik is one of the nicest. The only downside to that deck is the Cloud (#6) card. The dark side is on the left instead of the traditional right side.

tatsi

stella01904

Yes, They Work!

MM ~ I forgot to add, yes, they work. With Petit Jeu Lenormand, I think the instruction books overstress the "near" and "far" thing. When I lay all the cards out, if the question concerns romance, for instance, I will look for the Heart card. Besides its position in relation to the significator, you really want to look at the cards surrounding it. "Neighboring cards" seem to be much more important than "near and far". For everyone who is worried about which side of the clouds is dark on their deck, there is this: Look at the cards on either side of the Mice. The Mouse is taking away what he is facing, and bringing what is behind his back! Which way does YOUR mouse face? ~~~As far as Zigeuner/Biedermeier, I like those, but I seem to have a much closer rapport with their close cousins, the 52-card Italian Sibillas. Still, they are wonderful little on-the-go decks and have MUCH more depth than they are given credit for! BB, Stella