Soulmate Outcome cards

kx5

A few days ago I did this spread (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=50626) about me and a person I've very close to. Since I was confused first time I dealt the cards, I picked them up and asked my deck to clarify/paraphrase in a way that's easier for me to understand. The 2nd reading was clear enough for me to make more sense out of it, but something still confuses me.

Card #15 came up as the Eight of Pentacles Rx (1st time) and Three of Wands (2nd time): About us being soulmates, do these cards translate as 'you're getting there'? I find the 8oP and 2oC to be kind of different in nature though, how could they be the same? And what does 'you're getting there' mean as to whether we're soulmates?

Card #16 came up as the Two of Cups (1st time) and Five of Swords (2nd time): Now these are completely different. The 2oC implies that our relationship is always going to be amicable and the 5oS... what does that mean? It must mean something similar to the 2oC since it has to mean the same, but the 5oS is a lot more cruel than the 2oC... Could the 5oS mean we're going to be 'us two against the world' always?

Thank you for your time and help.

Note: Not sure if this should go to the Your Readings section, since it's not a full reading.

summeryjoy

What's your definition of a soul mate?

kx5

What's your definition of a soul mate?

Since the spread was generic (covering all definitions of a soulmate possible) I believe this is irrelevant. If not, please correct me.

Grizabella

It looks like you may be reading too often on the same topic or question. Normally I'm not so much of a stickler of how often a person does a reading but if you've drawn 16 cards and done the spread every few days, I'm not surprised you're confused.

I suggest you do go to the Your Readings forum and post the whole spread since there are so many cards and the meanings depend on card groups and combinations in order to interpret them clearly. I think that would be much more helpful for you. It's always a temptation to concentrate on the outcome position, but you need all the information from the spread to get a reliable answer.

I'd like to be able to answer your questions here about the cards drawn but it's not possible to really untangle this with just one or two positions and the cards drawn over two readings done closely.

It might be more clear for you to answer "are they my soul mate?" by just doing a simple thing like flipping a coin or choosing on specific card that you intend to mean yes and another one to mean no. Then shuffle your deck and start pulling them till you get to one of those two cards. For instance, you could use the Death card for no and the Sun card for yes.

kx5

Sound advice. However, I did not persistently keep doing this reading. I did them both within a space of 5 minutes, with the 2nd reading only being done because I couldn't understand the answer clearly, in which case I asked the cards to clarify what they meant by drawing simpler, less dense in meaning, cards for me to possibly interpret better. I am unsure whether this needs to be moved to the Your Readings section, since it's only a few of the cards, and not the entire reading. Up to the moderators.

rwcarter

Hi kx5,

Linking to the spread is fine, but it also helps if in addition to listing the card number, you also list what the positional meaning is so that folks don't have to go look it up in order to answer your question. In this case, it's
15: Is lover your soulmate (are you destined to be together, pay very close attentions to this card /advice)
16: How relationship will always be between you and lover
Since you are discussing less than half of the cards from the reading, UTC is the correct place to have the discussion.

I believe what summerjoy was trying to get at is it's impossible for us to help you determine if the cards you're asking about indicate whether or not the person is your soulmate if we don't know what that term means to you. Ten people could all use the term soulmate to mean different things. So if folks answer based on what they think is a soulmate and that's not what you think a soulmate is, then the answer won't be relevant.

By doing a second reading because you didn't understand the first one, you effectively pulled 16 clarifiers, which I think you realize as you're comparing cards from each reading.

Now to the card pairs....
Is this person your soulmate? 8P Rx clarified by 3W. The 8P Rx suggests taking shortcuts, being dishonest or being impatient. I often see the 3W as a card of waiting, but it can also represent initial success or sharing creative energies. Together the two cards speak to rushing things (taking shortcuts to achieve initial success or being impatient when waiting is needed).

How the relationship will always be? 2C clarified by 5S. 2C could indicate attraction, friendship, or mutual respect. 5S can represent conflict, bullying or one-upsmanship. Together the cards speak to a relationship that runs hot and cold - you like/are attracted to each other, but there are always going to be petty squabbles between the two of you.

So for me, neither pair of cards as outcome suggests that you two are soulmates right now and probably will never be soulmates.

Rodney

kx5

Regardless of my definition of soulmates, if this is what the cards indicate, then it is of no consequence. However, I see as a soulmate a person who accepts you as who you are, is comfortable around you and you feel the same about them, and with whom you cooperate on equal terms and with love and respect for one another.

I do realise I drew 16 clarifiers, which is why I don't believe I made a mistake by doing two readings so close to each other.

The cards make a lot of sense as you put it, thank you very much for your opinion.

summeryjoy

Rodney was right. I asked the question because I suspected that you had a particular definition in mind, which I sensed is different than what I would call a soul mate.

Your original question was about both whether you'd hook up and if he was your soul mate. According to my definition, these two questions can be contradictory in nature.

You see, I think of a soul mate as someone you made arrangement with to meet in this life before you both incarnated. The point is usually to bring up the best and worst in each other in order for your souls to learn and grow. Because of the nature of this arrangement, and intensity of challenges that tend to exist in soul-mate relationships, many soul mates never get back together. In fact, many people choose less intense relationships and end up with someone who is not much of a soul mate (according to my definition)

Now, your definition suggests that you think of a soul mate as someone who will give you an easier time than I am describing. Your definition for soul mate is mine for life partner, which may or may not be two different things. To follow you definition, I will now re-read your question (and earlier thread) without reference to my definition in order to distort the answer. I will write another post in a few.

kx5

Your original question was about both whether you'd hook up and if he was your soul mate. According to my definition, these two questions can be contradictory in nature.

I am not asking about whether we'd hook up. Only if he is my soulmate.

summeryjoy

I don't have great news :(

The card and clarifier for Q15 both show loners, whether at work or on journeys. As to Q16, the card being 2oC implies a shallow relationship. Clarified by 5oS, it shows a competition rather than a partnership.

I haven't seen the rest of the spread, but unless it show dramatically different cards, I judge by those alone that you guys are not meant for a deep, fulfilling relationship.

Sorry!