New Beginner Course

Tag_jorrit

Looks like Björn Meuris has finally made his outstanding basic Lenormand course, in English, and in pdf format, available on his new web store!

I so highly recommend his course. There are some great books out now in English but this course teaches beginners step by step to think for themselves and gives some solid direction to people who truly want to know how to read the cards in a traditional way. And for only $10 you can quit banging your head against the wall and have the doors of this oracle thrown wide open.

The other 2 course that he used to have, the Method of Distance and the Grand Tableau in English are sure to follow.

There is a little information about him on the old, now forgotten Traditional Lenormand Fortune Tellers Guild site.

Barleywine

Looks like Björn Meuris has finally made his outstanding basic Lenormand course, in English, and in pdf format, available on his new web store!

I so highly recommend his course. There are some great books out now in English but this course teaches beginners step by step to think for themselves and gives some solid direction to people who truly want to know how to read the cards in a traditional way. And for only $10 you can quit banging your head against the wall and have the doors of this oracle thrown wide open.

The other 2 course that he used to have, the Method of Distance and the Grand Tableau in English are sure to follow.

There is a little information about him on the old, now forgotten Traditional Lenormand Fortune Tellers Guild site.

Good news! Even though I think I might be closing in on "intermediate" after reading for a few years, I never pass up good beginner material since there's almost always something I can learn. The price is certainly right.

avalonian

Brilliant, thanks, I've just ordered it, couldn't resist at that price.

:)

Le Fanu

Ordered. Curious if this will lift me up out of my current Lenormand malaise! Feeling frazzled by the excess of amateur information. Thought I'd go with a pro.

Penthasilia

I'll be interested to hear how it is in comparison to Andy's book.

Barleywine

It's not so much the amateurism that gets to me, it's the relentless revisionism by those who either don't get the literal potency of Lenormand, or are simply trying to sell a "better mousetrap." It's a beautifully simple system that doesn't need to be "psychologized" or "tarot-ized." Hopeful this material will hew close to a traditional core.

Le Fanu

Got it this morning. Quick glance at the first few (of 29) pages. Looks good. That's a good size; The text can probably be read through in a weekend - but that's not including doing the exercises etc. I'm going to do this properly.

Tag_jorrit

It's not so much the amateurism that gets to me, it's the relentless revisionism by those who either don't get the literal potency of Lenormand, or are simply trying to sell a "better mousetrap." It's a beautifully simple system that doesn't need to be "psychologized" or "tarot-ized." Hopeful this material will hew close to a traditional core.

He is is as much a traditionalist as you will find. When I repro'd his cards he insisted that there would be no additional cards. In his view the Rider and Snake are the alternative love interests -- main and extracurricular.

Hmmm... where does that leave children and women riding horses in some of the new decks? ;)

Tag_jorrit

Got it this morning. Quick glance at the first few (of 29) pages. Looks good. That's a good size; The text can probably be read through in a weekend - but that's not including doing the exercises etc. I'm going to do this properly.

So, have you had time to play with it yet?

Le Fanu

So, have you had time to play with it yet?
Yes! Done my Learner's Deck and I'm having to unlearn certain card connotations - like Moon is work - but I'm impressed. I'm working through it in bite-sized pieces so as to be able to digest.