Titania's Fortune Cards: Background Colors???

lunakasha

I just did a quick, three-card reading and happened to notice that all three cards had purple backgrounds (ROAD, SNAKE, MOON) and I started wondering if this might be significant in any way. As I was looking through the cards, I noticed that there are several cards with similar background colors: blue, purple, green, orange/red and pink.

Has anyone else noticed any patterns in your readings, in terms of background colors of cards???

For example, if you did a 7-card reading and four "blue" cards came up, would you consider this significant??? I know that in tarot readings, I pay attention when I see a number of cards from the same suit, or an unusually high number of courts, Majors etc.

Thanks....looking forward to your thoughts on this.

:) Luna

katie_here

Hi Lunakasha

The one thing I have noticed about the cards is the reversed image on them, like the negative in a photograph. I wondered what the reason behind this is, does any one know?

You got me wondering about the colour scheme of the cards and this is what I've noticed..

Lay all the cards out in this order (its approx. not spot on).

sun fox man book lily whip mouse, anchor, scythe, star, stork, rider, flowers, bird, coffin, key, garden, mountain, woman, bear, moon, heart, snake, bear, letter, ring, tree, tower, ship, fish, cross, child, house, dog, clouds, clover, road.

the cards are in a sort of spectrum of colours. Not all colours but a few. So why aren't there any yellows!!!

lunakasha

Hey Katie!!!

That is very interesting, looking at the cards laid out that way. I also wonder why they stayed away from yellow, but there is quite a range of colors represented here.

I have no idea why the artist (Quadrille Publishing Ltd.) decided to use these particular images, and there is no mention of it in the book, but they are quite striking and unusual....I agree that they give a "modern" look to the original LeNormand illustrations, and even though they are simple in design, they speak volumes.

tarotlova

I have used these cards for about 4 years now and I never took much notice of the colors, till I read this thread! Could add a whole lot more to readings Purple is my favorite color and I think of it as a spirtual color, so maybe when there is alot in a reading your guides could be trying to tell you some thing? Blessings

lunakasha

Yes, tarotlova...I was wondering the same thing myself. I also see purple as a color that relates to spiritual matters. I had never paid attention to the colors before either, until this reading, because all three cards were purple!!!

It is interesting to consider though...might add another dimension to the reading, if there is a predominant color or two.

purple_scorp

you mean there are colours other than purple??? LOL

purple_scorp

katie_here

d'you know what?

I see yellow as being spiritual!

tarotlova

Aura

Guess what I just found a picture of my Aura that I had taken just over a year ago, these are the explanations given on the card for the meanings of the colors that surround you; Red-The first color of the spectrum represents fire, passion and vitality.

Orange- This color relates to ambition, drive and lateral thought. Self expression is important.

Yellow- The color of intellect. Yellow also shows an affinity to variety and happiness.

Green- The central color of the spectrum, Green signifies balance. Healing and teaching are enhanced.

Blue- Peace and truth are associated with Blue, showing an ability to demonstrate sensitivity and contentment.

Violet- The mystical, magical color. Eroticism, charm and enchantment can appear with Violet.

Pink- A light shade of Red. While active, the added White modifies the vibration to create the love color.

White- A combination of all the colors, representing the ability to tap into all energies.

These particular colors all appear in Titanias cards, so I hope this will add a new dimension to all your readings!

Just a little footnote to this picture, I had alot of Red coming in towards me on my left hand side of my body, near the heart area with a circle of Yellowy Orange smack in the middle, in the interpretation that came with this picture it meant that passion would come into my life fairly soon, sure I thought, I was in the middle of trying to get my husband to sign the Divorce papers! Well 2 weeks later I met my second husband, who used to live across the road from me, and my youngest daughter and his daughter were best freinds, but I never took any notice of him until we both shifted away to the same town! How's that for fate! Blessings!