Lenormand/Titania Card Meanings

katie_here

A while ago we agreed that it would help those reading from Lenormand to know where those reading from Titania get their definitions, and vice versa.

I remember someone volunteering to do the Lenormand card meanings and I'll do a quick version of the Titania Cards. So here goes, for those that don't have the Titania Deck...........

The Rider: Symbolises news on the way, a journey started, the person being read for. The card is active and a positive symbol.

The Clover: A luck card. very blooming and positive

The Ship: Travel and overseas connections. Can also mean affairs are moving rather than stagnant

The House: One's home, but also property or, if accompanined by certain cards, something solid and secure

The Tree: Symbolic of growth, a state of affairs still growing and becoming stronger

The Clouds: Symbolises thoughts, possible worries, sometimes affirs becoming more nebulous and difficult to understand. Can be negative

the Snake: a very tricky card. Can be deceit if surrounded by negative cards; can be wisdom if surrounded by strong, positive cards

The Coffin: The death of a situation, or possibly illness. Not an entirely negative card; difficult, but not insurmountable

The Flowers: Happiness and sometimes, young girls. Very positive

The Scythe: symbolises cutting free from someone or something. Next to the coffin means a death.

The Whip: Strife, quarrels, punishment.

The Bird: Rather a grey card - not a chirpy bird Chatter and gossip

The Child: Children, but perhaps also the early stages of something, like love or business. Next to the stork, a pregnancy. Positive

The Fox: Someone/thing sly, not telling the whole truth, but quite clever too. A bit negative

the Bear: Something big and strong. can represent boldness. Positive

the Star: A shining future, wishes come true or, a stroke of luck. Very positive

The Stork: Loyalty, but also travel, and an important occasion.

The Dog: A friend or friendship

The Tower: A Powerful card, long life, or something from the past, someone older. Is regarded as an occult card

The Garden: Very positive: a place to meet a friend or a business/office. It is, essentially, somewhere people can meet and come together.

The Mountain: foreign affairs, or something important or big, possible an obstacle to be climbed over.

The Road: A new direction, travel, changes

The Mouse: Rather dark, loss, someone not to be trusted. A negative card

the Heart: A happy positive card symbolising, of course, Love.

The Ring: A relationship - usually romantic. Positive

The Book: things still to be revealed. Also books, learning publishing. A bright optimistic card

The Letter: News, or a contract, or a communication. A happy card

The Man: A gentleman! Symobolises any man, but often etierh the person being read for, or the love of the person being read for.

The Woman: Elegant. A maternal but pretty figure. Could be the person being read for, or their mother, or lover.

The Lily: A bright card, meaning one's professional life, or sometimes illness. Neither positive nor negative.

The Sun: A beautiful warm, optimistic card. Everything will turn out all right.

The Moon: An invitation, or a proposition. Honour to the person nearest to it. Positive

The Key: Overcoming pain; also, a clue as to the reason for something, quite positive; something which has been locked may now be unlocked.

The Fish: a fortune, money, and sometimes, dreams

The Anchor: Security, things remaining settled. Positive

The Cross: Card of destiny, can mean pain, or require the reader to be strong and self-contained. An occult card; neither positive nor negative.

Phew!! my fingers are aching now!

over to who ever will write the Lenormand deck.

Moonbow

Wonderful job Katie, I wonder if Zorya will put this in the Lenormand/Titania sticky.. :)

Here's my take on the Lenormand cards

1. The Cavalier - Brings messages, if far from the personal card the messages are from abroad.
2. Cloverleaf - Hope, quiet happiness,good luck and wealth if away from clouds. If close to clouds brings annoyance.
3. Ship - Travelling, if near the personal card predicts a trip. Wealth through trading or inheritance.
4. House - The home, fruitful projects fortells a better future.
5. Tree - Good health or illness, if near the personal card will be good health.
6. Clouds - Obstacles and delicate situation. If the bright side of the card is near the personal card it's a good sign, but if the dark (cloudy side) is close an obstacle will appear.
7. Snake - Betrayal, jealousy, cheating, ominous event.
8. Coffin - Completion, serious illness, large loss of money, death, the end.
9. Flowers - A gift, contentment, abundance of love.
10. Scythe - Break-up, great danger, accidents, sudden end.
11. Birch - Strife and conflict, arguments
12. Birds - Thoughts, difficulties, short journeys
13. Child - Trust, company, protection,friendliness, children
14. Fox - Distrust, treachery if close to personal card, if far away there is no worry.
15. Bear - Power, Mother, be careful around those in power, envious people, need for strength.
16. Stars - Success, birth, progress
17. Stork - Change, house move, re location - if far away from personal card it indicates a stable situation.
18. Dog - Reliable friendship, honest and faithful
19. High Tower - The course of your life, long life, someone or something from the past, protection, if surrounded by clouds could be a sudden illness
20. Garden - Environment, creativity, meeting, party
21. Mountain - Strong enemies, resistance. If away from personal card the enemy is to be feared less.
22. Road - Choices, decisions
23. Mice - Theft, losses
24. Heart - Love, happiness, lover, a quiet life in which love plays an important role
25. Ring - Marriage, partnership matters
26. Book - Secrets, a mystery, studies
27. Letter - News, mail
28. Gentleman - Male querent, man
29. Lady - Female querent, woman
30. Lilies - Father, support, happiness, business, work
31. Sun - Wealth, optimism, happiness, success
32. Moon - Honours, respect, recognition in society
33. Key - New beginnings, solutions
34. Fish - Profit, excess, luxury, wealth, money
35. Anchor - Loyalty, stability, success, security
36. Cross - Suffering and misfortune, ending, bad news

Now to go back and compare......

purple_scorp

For the unitiated, I've done the cut and pasting (just to prove to Moonbow* that my sting in my tail is in the shop for service ;))

Titania - The Rider: Symbolises news on the way, a journey started, the person being read for. The card is active and a positive symbol.
LeNormand - 1. The Cavalier - Brings messages, if far from the personal card the messages are from abroad.

Titania - The Clover: A luck card. very blooming and positive
LeNormand - 2. Cloverleaf - Hope, quiet happiness,good luck and wealth if away from clouds. If close to clouds brings annoyance.

Titania - The Ship: Travel and overseas connections. Can also mean affairs are moving rather than stagnant
LeNormand - 3. Ship - Travelling, if near the personal card predicts a trip. Wealth through trading or inheritance.

Titania - The House: One's home, but also property or, if accompanined by certain cards, something solid and secure
LeNormand - 4. House - The home, fruitful projects fortells a better future.

Titania - The Tree: Symbolic of growth, a state of affairs still growing and becoming stronger
LeNormand - 5. Tree - Good health or illness, if near the personal card will be good health.

Titania - The Clouds: Symbolises thoughts, possible worries, sometimes affirs becoming more nebulous and difficult to understand. Can be negative
LeNormand - 6. Clouds - Obstacles and delicate situation. If the bright side of the card is near the personal card it's a good sign, but if the dark (cloudy side) is close an obstacle will appear.

Titania - the Snake: a very tricky card. Can be deceit if surrounded by negative cards; can be wisdom if surrounded by strong, positive cards
LeNormand - 7. Snake - Betrayal, jealousy, cheating, ominous event.

Titania - The Coffin: The death of a situation, or possibly illness. Not an entirely negative card; difficult, but not insurmountable
LeNormand - 8. Coffin - Completion, serious illness, large loss of money, death, the end.

Titania - The Flowers: Happiness and sometimes, young girls. Very positive
LeNormand - 9. Flowers - A gift, contentment, abundance of love.

Titania - The Scythe: symbolises cutting free from someone or something. Next to the coffin means a death.
LeNormand - 10. Scythe - Break-up, great danger, accidents, sudden end.

Titania - The Whip: Strife, quarrels, punishment.
LeNormand - 11. Birch - Strife and conflict, arguments

Titania - The Bird: Rather a grey card - not a chirpy bird Chatter and gossip
LeNormand - 12. Birds - Thoughts, difficulties, short journeys

Titania - The Child: Children, but perhaps also the early stages of something, like love or business. Next to the stork, a pregnancy. Positive
LeNormand - 13. Child - Trust, company, protection,friendliness, children

Titania - The Fox: Someone/thing sly, not telling the whole truth, but quite clever too. A bit negative
LeNormand - 14. Fox - Distrust, treachery if close to personal card, if far away there is no worry.

Titania - the Bear: Something big and strong. can represent boldness. Positive
LeNormand - 15. Bear - Power, Mother, be careful around those in power, envious people, need for strength.

Titania - the Star: A shining future, wishes come true or, a stroke of luck. Very positive
LeNormand - 16. Stars - Success, birth, progress

Titania - The Stork: Loyalty, but also travel, and an important occasion.
LeNormand - 17. Stork - Change, house move, re location - if far away from personal card it indicates a stable situation.

Titania - The Dog: A friend or friendship
LeNormand - 18. Dog - Reliable friendship, honest and faithful

Titania - The Tower: A Powerful card, long life, or something from the past, someone older. Is regarded as an occult card
LeNormand - 19. High Tower - The course of your life, long life, someone or something from the past, protection, if surrounded by clouds could be a sudden illness

Titania - The Garden: Very positive: a place to meet a friend or a business/office. It is, essentially, somewhere people can meet and come together.
LeNormand - 20. Garden - Environment, creativity, meeting, party

Titania - The Mountain: foreign affairs, or something important or big, possible an obstacle to be climbed over.
LeNormand - 21. Mountain - Strong enemies, overseas connection

Titania - The Road: A new direction, travel, changes
LeNormand - 22. Road - Choices, decisions

Titania - The Mouse: Rather dark, loss, someone not to be trusted. A negative card
LeNormand - 23. Mice - Theft, losses

Titania - the Heart: A happy positive card symbolising, of course, Love.
LeNormand - 24. Heart - Love, happiness, lover, a quiet life in which love plays an important role

Titania - The Ring: A relationship - usually romantic. Positive
LeNormand - 25. Ring - Marriage, partnership matters

Titania - The Book: things still to be revealed. Also books, learning publishing. A bright optimistic card
LeNormand - 26. Book - Secrets, a mystery, studies

Titania - The Letter: News, or a contract, or a communication. A happy card
LeNormand - 27. Letter - News, mail

Titania - The Man: A gentleman! Symobolises any man, but often etierh the person being read for, or the love of the person being read for.
LeNormand - 28. Gentleman - Male querent, man

Titania - The Woman: Elegant. A maternal but pretty figure. Could be the person being read for, or their mother, or lover.
LeNormand - 29. Lady - Female querent, woman

Titania - The Lily: A bright card, meaning one's professional life, or sometimes illness. Neither positive nor negative.
LeNormand - 30. Lilies - Father, support, happiness, business, work

Titania - The Sun: A beautiful warm, optimistic card. Everything will turn out all right.
LeNormand - 31. Sun - Wealth, optimism, happiness, success

Titania - The Moon: An invitation, or a proposition. Honour to the person nearest to it. Positive
LeNormand - 32. Moon - Honours, respect, recognition in society

Titania - The Key: Overcoming pain; also, a clue as to the reason for something, quite positive; something which has been locked may now be unlocked.
LeNormand - 33. Key - New beginnings, solutions

Titania - The Fish: a fortune, money, and sometimes, dreams
LeNormand - 34. Fish - Profit, excess, luxury, wealth, money

Titania - The Anchor: Security, things remaining settled. Positive
LeNormand - 35. Anchor - Loyalty, stability, success, security

Titania - The Cross: Card of destiny, can mean pain, or require the reader to be strong and self-contained. An occult card; neither positive nor negative.
LeNormand - 36. Cross - Suffering and misfortune, ending, bad news

Moonbow

lol...... Very nice job purple_scorp

Of course my meanings are not set in concrete, I have mixed some of what comes from the LWB and what I have found out myself. Other people may have added their own take on the meanings.... but it's a start.

So hopefully, now that we have the Lenormand link (as given by Zorya) :

http://tarocci.com/sub/cafe/lenormand/

People without the deck can also join in :D

purple_scorp is OK really..... honest!

katie_here

Brilliant Idea

Thats really good... thanks Purple_scorp and Moonbow.

So now we have a good description of all the cards for everyone.

It would be itneresting, if anyone who doesn't have either deck would like to contribute now.

tatsi

Many thanks for posting each card meaning.

tatsi

Phoenix Rising

Hi all

Just want to thank you for your efforts of typing out these card meanings. I will be able to play now.

katie_here

thanks for that

Its lovely when you know your efforts have been useful to someone

:)

Kara

additional meanings

If anyone is interested, my meanings are pretty much the same as purple_scorp's, minor differences, of course. But instead of writing everything out again, I'll just add my differences to those meanings...

RIDER: Love: new interest, a coming interest
Work: new chances/offers, good offer/chance opening up
Health: Healing, renewed will to recover, hope, high spirits

SHIP: Love: coming relationship
Work: think about if you're on the right track
Health: Get to the bottom of it, what are the real reasons for the illness

TREE: a long time in everything, very healthy

HOUSE: stability in all respects

BIRDS: Love: butterflies, excitement(also applies to new situations, happens a lot with new jobs, school, moves, etc.)
Work: further learning
Health: moodiness, irritated

FOX: Love: be careful of current partner, slyness(surrounding cards reveal in what area)
Work: Intrigue, mobbing
Health: be careful of getting a wrong diagnosis, get a second opinion.

STARS: Health: get some sleep, sleep issues(surrounding cards)

TOWER: Love: coming separation, someone retreating into a 'tower'
Work: changes for the worse, being shut out - thrown out...
Health: hidden infection at work, illness that hasn't broken out yet.

PARK: Love: can indicate a wedding
Health: getting better

LILIES: Love: harmony, sexual issues(surrounding cards reveal hangups, good sex, bad sex, if the relationship is based on sex, etc.)
Work: work is like being with family
Health: stable, healthy. can indicate problems(if there are any ) in genital area, STD's, fertility, etc. Lol, intuition and sensitivity is asked here, before saying anything('your partner has a STD' is a nono, send them to a doc.)

MOON: Health: Depression, Psyche

FISH: Is the money card, indicates wealth. But for Health: addictive personality, alcoholic, needs to watch the liquor intake.

CHARACTER CARDS: besides of course, the lady and gent, also characterizes people next to other character cards(complicated, huh?)

- SNAKE: Usually dark-haired, dark-eyed woman, can have a rounded figure. Very intelligent, but not in an overbearing way, can use intelligence for or against you. Mother(with the Tower), mother-in-law.

- BEAR: power and protection, so father figure, older man. Could also be a fatherly supervisor. Father(with the Tower), father- in-law. If this card shows up in one corner with Snake, and theTower all the way in the opposite, the client is still caught up in childhood issues, very influenced by memories of parents, and probably bases actions on what Mom or Dad would approve of. Hasn't let go of home yet.

-FOX: sly person, crafty, slick, two-faced.
-MOUNTAIN: dominance, arrogance, frustrating person.
-FLOWERS: nice, charming, young in mind and spirit, usually female.
-CHILD: child(obviously)
-TOWER: egoism, usually male, self-centered. Tall.
-DOG: loyal, good friend (also issue, one that has been around for awhile)
-BIRDS: either older couple, or 2 older peopel(remember those two up in the balcony on the muppet show? Lol)
-BOOK: intelligent, well-read person, schoolteacher, or in that direction. Bookworm. Secretive, mysterious. Shy.

All the other cards apply too, but they're more obvious(COFFIN: occult, medium,etc. TREE: boring, steady, introvert. PARK: life of the party, etc. PATH: indecisve, or decisive, depending. SHIP: well-traveled, or interested in traveling, man of the world, experienced. LETTER: shallow. FISH: wealthy, or an addict, usually male. dreamy and protective. WHIP: agression, aggressive person. endless discussions. And so on. ) Psychics usually show up in my cards with stars and moon together, sometimes with the coffin.

CARDS THAT INDICATE TIME:

CLOVER: 3-4 days
CROSS: 2-3 weeks
PATH: ca. 7 weeks
TREE: about a year OR afternoon
SUN: morning - noon
MOON: Evening
STARS: Night
LETTER: too short, a brief time
RIDER: very soon, imminent

CARDS THAT INDICATE NUMBER 2:

Whip, Birds and Path can indicate 2 of something.

READING:
if I am looking for work issues, I concentrate on the cards surrounding/connecting with Mountain, Bear, Tower or Anchor.

Friends and Family are usually Dog, Bear, Flowers, Snake, also Park if person is very extroverted. Parents, again: Bear and Tower, or Snake and Tower
Money issues are indicated by the Fish.

Health cards tend to be around the Tree and Coffin.

House and home indicated by the House.

If people are interested, I could also post my combinations, I know those can be tricky too. But maybe like a card, maybe two a day, with 36 cards, it's....:) Or I'll write it all up and post everything in several days. Whichever you prefer.

Kara

katie_here

Kara

I'd be interested in learning more, but where did you get your meanings from?