Lenormand/Titania Card Meanings

Moonbow

Kara

I am interested too, I take it that yours are Lenormand meanings (I see you have the Piatnik)

Your combinations would be interesting to know.

I hope you are able to join our little group of Lenormand/Titania Weekly Draws:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=36301 :)

Kara

katie_here

Been doing Lenormand, playing cards and tarot for a bit now. Am by no means, or in any way an expert, and don't think I am one. I just wanted to share here, how I put things together for myself, because I also get a lot from here..:)) Like most people, I started off with meanings from books, and other people around me, and after awhile your own meanings, or 'accent' kinda crystallize out more.
More to me, so people aren't suspicious ;-), I used to read for everyone at school(back when I went), some teachers too,lol, read for almost everyone I have ever worked with, tried to read for paying clients(inserted an ad in a local paper), but I'm too weak for that, I started getting money hungry, because it was so easy, and all of a sudden my focus was on telling them what they wanted to hear, and if they came back too soon, I felt pressured to find something new(because they all wanted that thrill of the first time). But there was nothing new, sometimes even complete mumbojumbo, so I felt like a failure. Some days I was good, some days bad, but people expect, if they're paying you, to always have an 'on' day. And I wasn't good in telling them no, I knew how they felt, because I read mine a hundred times a day in crisis - I was the same way..haha.
Soon, I wasn't interested anymore, it was all pressure and no fun. It was too much, too soon for me, I couldn't handle it well, so I stopped.
Then I started up again, for myself and friends, and looking for new info, stumbled in here. That's me. Hi everyone:).

katie_here

Thankyou for that

I'm reading from Titania's and of course, we talk about Lenormand too, but I thought you had another deck there, a different one.

Your story is very interesting, and I know what you mean about having "off" days. Sometimes I'm so full of my own woes that I can't read empathically for someone else.

Also when someone asks you to read, you tell them and they come back in acouple of days, hoping you tell them what they want to hear and not whats in the cards.

Kara

Lenormand

Sorry, yes, the meanings are for Lenormand cards, forgot to mention that.
Thanks for telling me about the weekly draw, Moonbow, I'd love to join!

I know,eh? I also made the mistake of giving out my cell number, I had to get it changed - there weren't many callers, just two VERY persistent callers, very nice really, but too much for me. I got butterflies when it rang.
Also, I'm in Germany, I think these cards aren't that common in the States, but here ...dime a dozen, also those Biedermeier cards and the Zigeuner(Gypsy - Piatnik) fortune-telling cards are very popular, I started out on those through a friend. Playing cards, too - personally, I see more people using these than the tarot. Maybe it's also because of the influence of the east European and Turkish readers, who seem to prefer these decks (just an observation of mine), I have no idea.
There is a famous Reader in Mannheim (there also was a TV show on her), she uses only the Zigeuner, but she uses two decks at the same time. I have no idea how her system works. Looked complicated though.

But cool, I'll get to it on the combos!