Titania/Lenormand Combinations that make you go What The!

tarotlova

I know that we have posted the different meanings between these two deck's, I was wondering if we could also post card combination's that baffle us, for me one that I got/get all the time was the Garden & Fox, please read Kara's interpretation in Titania/Lenormand Draw 9 for me Tarotlova. Why I didn't see this is beyond me now, it's like some one poked me in the third eye as well as the other two, making me blind to the obvious! I thought if any card combination bugged us we could just add it to the bottom of our interpretation in the weekly draws, rather than have a seperate thread on this, as I think we all post our interpretation first then read everyone else's post. What do you all think about this?

Moonbow

Hi tarotlova

Great minds think alike, have you seen my thread 'Lenormand/Titania Questions?'

I was stuck on the Clover and Clouds the other day, so I agree that either post them at the bottom of your post or in the Questions thread and therefore no need for separate threads each time.

What do the others think?

purple_scorp

Or, can we just post them here in this thread? It would be good to have them all together.

purple_scorp

zorya

just a thought...

for the ease of those wishing to look up combinations in the future, it might be easier to search and find them if they are in one place.

purple_scorp

Though I'm hesitant to say (for a number of reasons), many years ago when I first bought this deck I actually created a huge spreadsheet that shows Titania's cards and in rows and columns (36 x 36). The card's combined meaning is entered in the intersecting cells. I've pasted these sheets (there's about 12 of them) back to back on a large piece of cardboard (so one side has 2 x 3 sheets) and then laminated the lot so it's like a ready reckoner.

So I can, at a quick glance, glean any combination's meaning.

However, there are still some discrepancies. I don't have my cards/book here at the moment so I can't check the reference but I seem to recall that the cross and coffin combined have two different meanings - depending on whether you are looking at the description on the coffin page, or the cross page. I usually read it as a deceased relative is watching over you.

And then there is the mountains and the house. Is it a house overseas or is it a house in the mountains???

The fox and the dog is another. Is that an unreliable friend, or is it that you need to be more friendly???

I don't know that I stick to the same meaning each time, as it largely depends on surrounding cards.

Thoughts anyone?

purple_scorp

Moonbow

purple_scorp said:
I don't know that I stick to the same meaning each time, as it largely depends on surrounding cards.

Thoughts anyone?

purple_scorp

I've been thinking this too. What if you had three cards together say... Fox Dog Friend. You then could pair up Fox and Dog OR Dog and Friend. The positions would have a relevance too so you would have to take in the whole spread and read it as a story.

I have found with these seven card draws, that sometimes the story pivots on the centre card, or sometimes the first one or last one. I would tend to change my combination meaning along with the spread.

Kara

Sure, the meanings vary with each spread. The meaning of the card itself can vary with the spread. Sometimes the meanings of the positions vary, even though they 'should' be set...

But I do think having a list of meanings for each card, or combos, or meanings of the positions in a spread can be helpful if you're stuck, and as a general guideline - especially when you're starting out. But I also think that it's important to keep an open mind towards new perspectives when you know 'your' combos. Only two cards can twist your whole reading, this way or that.

I did a reading for a work colleague the other day(9 card spread). In this spread I used, the middle card represented the querent, and the card above that, the past as the querent saw it.
The querent turned up as the Whip, fine, she's a little aggressive right now, discussions.. Above her was the Dog. Left and right of the Whip were the Tree and the House. I stumbled over that Dog, because Dog represents friends, right? So -with the position of the card- something about close friends aggravating her, discussions with a family friend(all the other cards pointed in this direction too). Guess what?
She had just bought a DOG, which her partner, who she lives with, hadn't wanted her to do. Leading to heated arguments. I was so stuck on friends, I didn't get that the card literally meant a dog, and the position had changed to what was on her mind, and not how she saw the past.

tarotlova

[/QUOTE=kara] But I do think having a list of meanings for each card, or combos, or meanings of the positions in a spread can be helpful if you're stuck, and as a general guideline - especially when you're starting out. But I also think that it's important to keep an open mind towards new perspectives when you know 'your' combos. Only two cards can twist your whole reading, this way or that.

Yes that is what I meant just to have some sort of guide for those times when you are stuck, as I know it all depends on the spread as a whole.