Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Introduction to Golden Dawn Qabalah

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Kabbalah & Alphabets

Citizen

Kenny 
Citizen

Introduction to Golden Dawn Qabalah

Other than The Chicken Qabalah what other books are there out there on the Golden Dawn Qabalah. Alongside that are there any other resources?

Thanks
Top   #1
fourhares

jmd 
fourhares

I personally do not think the Golden Dawn version of the Kabbalah is the most useful nor apt, but if that is the orientation desired, then the best I have read is Pat Zalewski's Kabbalah of the Golden Dawn.
Top   #2
Citizen

Gavriela 
Citizen

Israel Regardie's stuff is probably worth checking out.
Top   #3
Citizen

Scion 
Citizen

Robert Wang's Qabalistic Tarot is pretty hard to beat in this department: articulate, accessible and full of juicy thought... Wang is a an adherent of the Golden Dawn (and actually helped to create the unfortunate Golden Dawn deck). I'd call this book a must read on the topic....
Top   #4
Resident

Adithien 
Resident

Israel Regardie's The Middle Pillar
A Garden of Pomegranates
The Golden Dawn

William W. Westcott's An Introduction to the Study of the Kabalah

Eliphas Levi's Elements of the Qabalah

Kaplan's translation of The Sefer Yetzirah

...just for a start.
Top   #5
Citizen

Tiro DvD 
Citizen

There is also Dion Fotune' the Mystical Kabbalah, which you can find floating around in PDF on the Internet.
Top   #6
Ball of Doom

coyoteblack 
Ball of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmd
I personally do not think the Golden Dawn version of the Kabbalah is the most useful nor apt, but if that is the orientation desired, then the best I have read is Pat Zalewski's Kabbalah of the Golden Dawn.
Not meaning to Hijack a thread but I have wangs book as well as chicken qabalah both nice reads but is there a better version of qabalah/tarot combo?

I am thinking most of what I learn will be by inner guides and a lots and lots of meditation but I am still new so dont want to get to confused.
Top   #7
Citizen

tantricknite 
Citizen

Another good book for path working the Golden Dawn system of Kabbalah is "Experiencing the Kabbalah" by Chic and Tabatha Cicero.The book is O.O.P. but you can find it at Amazon.As far as a Tarot/Kabbalah combo a book that really helped me once I got through Wangs book was "The New Golden Dawn Ritual Tarot" by the Cicero's as well. It's based on Tabathas deck and has a section on the tree of life as well as a lot of useful astrological attributions.The Cicero's have a nack for taking complex ideas and putting them into easy to understand language.I understand Pat Zalewski will be publishing a book on the Golden Dawn tarot as well.It's suppose to be released in November.The book details the deck published by D&S publishing a color your own deck based on Felkins notes.As far as what system of Kabbalah is best that really depends on what system of ritual magic you plan to use.If your planning on doing strictly G.D. ritual then you would want to stick with the G.D. system of Kabbalah.If you plan on adding thelemic or wiccan material then review jmd thread here at AT.Theres a lot of in depth discussion about the Kabbalah and the different systems and view points associated with it........
Top   #8
fourhares

jmd 
fourhares

To also reply to coyoteblack's question, from a Golden Dawn orientation there is also Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki's Shining Paths.
Top   #9
Ball of Doom

coyoteblack 
Ball of Doom

Thank you all!! I just want a form of Qabalah that will work well with tarot. I am more into shamanism then cermonial magic for now.
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.