Giant RWS Deck (US Games)

debitutchi

It looks like the best quality RWS decks that US Games are publishing are coming out of China (Made in China, printed in China, etc.), e.g. the Pixie commemorative set, Original RWS Tarot. The card stock is thicker and more mat finish, rather than the flimsy plastic-y card stock used in the Belgium and Italy printings. Does anyone know where the current Giant RWS decks being sold are made? China thick, mat card stock or something different?

Cheers

Yelell

A couple months ago I contacted a few sellers on Amazon and one from the UK answered saying they had the Made in China version. I crossed my fingers and luckily I received a great giant deck, good finish and the handwritten fonts I want. You may want to ask ahead of time just to be sure.

Le Fanu

It looks like the best quality RWS decks that US Games are publishing are coming out of China (Made in China, printed in China, etc.), e.g. the Pixie commemorative set, Original RWS Tarot. The card stock is thicker and more mat finish, rather than the flimsy plastic-y card stock used in the Belgium and Italy printings. Does anyone know where the current Giant RWS decks being sold are made? China thick, mat card stock or something different?
They may have all these things but I don't think the colour quality is as good as the older Printed in Belgium editions. A comparison of these decks shows the China deck colours as less vibrant than the earlier editions. I don't mind the cardstock though. I agree, it is quite nice. Not so flexible but nice enough.

debitutchi

Got a response from US Games, all the new Giant RWS are printed in China. Got mine in the mail, and the card stock is wonderful. Very similar to the Original RWS deck (also being printed in China).

Amanda

Got a response from US Games, all the new Giant RWS are printed in China. Got mine in the mail, and the card stock is wonderful. Very similar to the Original RWS deck (also being printed in China).

Yay!! I have been holding off on buying this for exactly this reason... now I can buy with a little more confidence I'll get the card stock I want! :party: