My Home-made Deck

Little Baron

That is good, Greogory. Thanks.

Also, I think that the amount of years you didn't read may well have helped. You have digested so many tarot images, ways and traditions that they have had time to settle before you decided to read. For many, they purchase a deck and then come to a place like this, where they are overwhelmed by the amount of choices, ideas, opinions and routes that one can take on their tarot journey. It can almost be like drowning amongst it all. But for you, in those 30 years, you built a boat which now you are ready to sail. You picked the materials to build it carefully and considerately. You also prepared a map and thought carefully about how you were going to sail it. I think this all makes a difference. Yes, in the future, you can take a look at how others sail their boats, but for now, just enjoy the scenery ;)

LB

gregory

I suppose that is true in a way - I can rarely look at any card without recalling others by the "same name".... but I should get more au fait with archetypes, I think.... I'll start back on Huson as soon as I retire !

xx

IvyAlexa

I'm impressed!
Curious though, why did you start with the two of cups?

gorgeousbutterfly

LB, it really looks professional looking. you have talent and i can tell the work come from your heart. anytime you do something creative the emotional side of the artist comes through. very well done!!

maybe you can each card slowly? instead of putting so much demand on yourself to make more and more, you say it makes you unbalanced and you have no room for other stuff in your life, but if you take it really slow and don't rush then why not? and the final outcome will be extra special

Phoenix Rising

Hi LB

Awesome card mate...the most important thing is that it's coming from your heart and you will be able to connect with it because it was made with feeling and not analytical..I understand now, that when something becomes too much head stuff we disconnect with the "intuition" and feeling of the card. So carry on with creating your cards from the heart.

You are very lucky to have such a special friend...we have many acquaintances but in reality there are maybe 1 or 2 people in everyones lives who will be there in times of need.

Looking forward to your other cards...just create it as it comes and don't think with the head or put structure and logic to it...intuition has no structure or logic.

Northwind

gregory said:
I suppose that is true in a way - I can rarely look at any card without recalling others by the "same name".... but I should get more au fait with archetypes, I think.... I'll start back on Huson as soon as I retire !

xx
Why not start with the simple guides written by Rachel Pollack or Julia Sharman Burke? Huson is interesting but complex. The books mentioned are well written, entertaining and illustrated. If you want to go further, then you can, but these are good for essentials. You only need the essentials.

There is no need to get tied up in knots. You can read as you want, and as seems right.

LB, your card is beautiful. If it is all agonising, why not take a break from tarot altogether, including internet forums, which can be highly addictive. Go sky diving. canoeing, take up photography. Give your mind a rest :). Get refreshed. You can always return.

Little Baron

Thanks for the replies.

I kind of am at the moment, NW. I am using one simple deck with a notebook (well the deck is not simple, but you know what I mean). The laptop is going away for repair so will be just me, the deck and the jotter.

But have abandoned the blank deck for the very forseeable future.

LB

Lee

Hi LB,

I understand and respect your reasons for not continuing, but I just wanted to say, I like the card a lot and would certainly look forward to seeing more.

-- Lee

Little Baron

Thankyou Lee. Sometimes, I think tarot can exaust you to the point where your brain crashes and I think that is what happened. When I look at the other cards, I can see and feel nothing, aside from the representations that we all know so well. Maybe in time.

LB

Wings

Aloha

Dear Little Buddah............the drawing is compeling I will miss yourposts 'as you know I'm creating a deck and thats how I found the forum...I have the experience of getting the head too full of other peoples art and ideas and painted cakes don't satisfy hunger...as an artist you have to be the Hermit sometimes to really understand what Tarot is all about...you can study the map all you want but you can't say you've gone anywhere untill you leave and come home...happy trails kid-o let us know how far down the rabbit hole you go....Aloha Wings

PS I am painting my "cards" 2x3 feet theres alot of freedom there