Mystical Cats Tarot - Five of Sky (Swords)

Onaorkal

We can see 4 cats of various colors and patterns acting in a very unfriendly manner towards a Sphynx cat. They show varied signs of aggressivity, such as ruffled coat, arched back, flattened ears and hissing. The Sphynx cat is passive, but not necessarily submissive. He might look scared, but doesn't seem to be on the verge of running away.
They are located in some alley, and we can see that the walls on both sides of them are covered with colorful drawings of cats.
One cat is standing on some wooden box bearing a paw print on it and we can see some pieces of paper flying in the wind.
In the background, there seems to be some foliage and possibly a mountain further behind.
The sky is covered in grey clouds.

Colors : Quite grey.

This card has a very straightforward meaning. ''There is no reasoning with closed minds and no persuasion that will open a closed heart.'' If you know you can't win a battle, don't fight needlessly.
The author also reminds us that ''[v]ictory at any cost is a hollow victory indeed.'' So doing everything to win is not always good, especially if it involves harming other people in the way.

Symbolism :

Number 5 (cats) : Associated with challenges, struggles and the growth and learning resulting from them.

Sphynx cat : Being hairless, this breed could symbolize 2 different things. As pointed out in the book, it could simply be representing how differences (on any level) are often at the base of many arguments and relationship problems.
The absence of hair could also be a symbol of vulnerability, like in the expression ''feeling naked under one's gaze''. Mammals have hair for a reason, but Sphynx lack most of it and are more sensitive to cold and various skin conditions. They are also quite vulnerable against biting and scratching, which shows how 'easily defeatable' they would be if attacked.

Wall drawings : They remind me of prehistoric cave paintings, which to me would symbolize a 'caveman' way of thinking, ie. actions based solely on instints instead of having some manners and think things through.
Also the drawings seem to reflect the situation taking place, with 3 drawn cats on one side showing an evolution from sitting to jumping and 2 cats on the other wall who are fighting.

Flying papers : Probably symbolize the wind and the Air element.

Grey clouds : Warning that a storm is coming, could represent negative/dark thoughts.

Lunaea

Wall drawings : They remind me of prehistoric cave paintings, which to me would symbolize a 'caveman' way of thinking, ie. actions based solely on instints instead of having some manners and think things through.
Also the drawings seem to reflect the situation taking place, with 3 drawn cats on one side showing an evolution from sitting to jumping and 2 cats on the other wall who are fighting.

Our inspiration was street graffiti, specifically the animated graffiti in the titles of the HBO series "Rome". The Sky Clan cats declare their turf and strength with these graffiti.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDDPdLdiH_E

Onaorkal

Oh wow thanks for that 'behind-the-scene' info, that's interesting! :)