Heart of Faerie: Exercise One

Elendil

Exercise One

Sort through the piles and find your favorite card and your least favorite card. Imagine these two Fae face to face.
My current favourite is The Faerie of Growth and my least favourite is Prick Up Your Ears

What would they have to say to each other? Are they friends?
I don't think that they are friends. They move in discrete circles but they DO know OF each other. I think that the Fae on Prick Up Your Ears thinks The Faerie of Growth is a little self-absorbed. The Faerie of Growth could care less. She has an important job to do.

Are they enemies? Do they get along or do they fight?
They don't really talk to each other or interact at all - which the 'big-eared' fae thinks is a little ironic. ' If we do not talk, there is nothing to listen to? If we don't listen, how do we learn? We should be able to learn from each other, don't you think? I'm not making a big issue of this but without learning any growth is bound to be stunted.'

What secrets do they know about each other?
They tell me that at the moment they are not prepared to say...

Do they like you?
I am on trial. They haven't decided. I might be too unresponsive and to filled with human concern. Am I worth their efforts? 'Will you listen?' asks the one with big ears. 'Will you grow?' asks the green one.

If the fae that you dislike were to disappear and never again be seen or heard from again, how would that change the community/readings you might do with the deck?
The deck and the Heart of Faery itself would be diminished.

Talk about how the exercise helped you, changed your mind about either fae.
I guess I hadn't really thought about what each and every Fae brings to the equation. Each has a part to play and an offering to make. I shouldn't be quite so dismissive - and I should beware of becoming quite as self-absorbed as the Faerie of Growth otherwise I stand to miss so much.

Elendil.

Ivy Rhiannon

I am on trial. They haven't decided. I might be too unresponsive and to filled with human concern. Am I worth their efforts? 'Will you listen?' asks the one with big ears. 'Will you grow?' asks the green one.

I guess I hadn't really thought about what each and every Fae brings to the equation. Each has a part to play and an offering to make. I shouldn't be quite so dismissive - and I should beware of becoming quite as self-absorbed as the Faerie of Growth otherwise I stand to miss so much.

Very nice observations Elendril! I like this part especially. "Will you listen? Will you grow?" :D

thirdlibra

So as we assemble and get ready for our readings Le Fanu and I decided we'd like to post some warm-ups for all of us to try. These are just fun getting to know your deck exercises, nothing earth shattering.

I like to sift through the deck and create two piles. One pile is the cards I love. The other is of cards that confuse me or that I dislike.

Sort through the piles and find your favorite card and your least favorite card. Imagine these two Fae face to face...

This thread is old, but I like this idea, so I'm gonna give it a shot. My favorite and least favorite changes as often as my mood (and their mood!) at this very point in time, I love the unnamed unicorn faerie, with her little crew. My least favorite is The Magician.

They are definitely not friends. Unicornfaeriegirl thinks The Magician tries too hard and is too flashy. The Magician hasn't bothered to acknowledge Unicornfaerie. They aren't enemies, but they don't run in the same circles. They aren't close enough to know secrets, but Unicornfaerje worries that The Magician will accidentally cause harm to someone while showing off.

The Magician would like me to follow. "I can't even contain my power. Come with me and learn.". Unicornfaerie doesn't want me to forget the beauty and magic that is already inside me.

I wouldn't want to banish The Magician. Flashy isn't my style, but she does serve as a reminder to not get arrogant and showy.