I keep dreaming about tarot designs help please!

MizGrace

Ok so I keep being woekn by tarot designs and also just before I sleep I am staring ot get designs. for years this has happened and I have ignored it because, so many decks out there. so what do I do? do I start sketching or do I just simply ignore it all because of the lengthy process to do it all.
The problem is it's been years since I have drawn as my skills went into making things with my hands instead.
So for me this would be a hard task and probably take years anyhow is it worth doing?
I have a lot of ideas even photographic decks.
I just keep seeing these awesome designs in my head and think oh wow. not put pencils to paper in a long time so need to practice a lot but, do feel really inspired at night time when falling asleep

what to do, what to do??

HudsonGray

Since your subconscious is working through all the details, I say just get a sketchbook and make notes on the design for the cards you're thinking of.

It's good art practice at the least, it'll give you a deck at the most. Who cares if it takes years? Since your mind is saying 'do this', you should listen.

Chronata

I completely agree with HudsonGray...If your subconscious wants you to get these ideas out in a physical form of some kind...then just do it.

Sketches don't have to be perfect, or even close to a finished product, but they will be something that you can use to build on...or maybe they will just be interesting images that help you understand the cards better somewhere down the road.

I think nothing helps you learn and understand the intricacies of Tarot like making your own.

And it doesn't have to be sketches either, of you don't feel comfortable drawing....
You can take photos, put together collages, or if you like to sculpt or make physical objects, then think of a diorama or still life image that can translate the idea behind the card in question.

The hardest part of making any deck is just starting it. People get daunted by the amount of cards that have to be created and they don't do it.

But once you get going, sometimes projects take on a life of their own, and their own fire and enthusiasm keeps them going...or not. And that's OK.

For every deck I have done (I think I'm at 6 now...) there are another 3 decks that have only two cards actually finished, or are just a list...an idea.

No one says you HAVE to finish it and publish it and all that stuff. Just get your ideas out of your mind and create!

MizGrace

Thank you for this because my mind was so flooded that I just couldn't focus. I am going to have to head out sometime and get some art materials, nothing classy just some the £1.00 shop things just to jot some ideas down.
I agree I was trying to be too perfect and that is my downfall, I have ideas but, I am worried about my art being dodgey as so long since tried.
I won't know till I try and how can I judge my own art I am not really the person that will view it at the ed of the day someone else will be using this.
I am just going to sketch the images and in time perhaps understand what the cards are meant to be.

Thank you so helpful!

Thoughtful

This sounds like a project that is meant to be done. If your mind was getting so flooded it seems a pity if you do not make a start. When and if you get started update us and perhaps show a pic or two. Would love to see your ideas.

HudsonGray

Start with a page per card, do a basic sketch and put notes all around the edges. It can help gel an idea for redoing the image at a later date.

Margo9023

MizGrace

I would definitely have a journal next to your bed or wherever u are when all this creativeness starts. I believe there's a reason your channeling these thoughts and ideas. Whether you draw or just write the ideas down keep a journal of them.
Margo : )