Villain Tarot

Steampunker

Hey gang.

I'm looking to not make a full deck, well, at this time at least but I am trying to nail down some of my favorite villains as Major Arcana for a full sleeve tattoo on my arm. I'm a Scorpio so originally I was going to use just cards that relate to Scorpio and to me personally.

Initially the list was small and it was this:

Magician
Death
Tower
Judgment
Hanged Man
High Priestess

With possible add ons of The Moon and The Devil.

Now I've tried to get a wide range of my favorite villains so the list has expanded. Here is what I have so far.

THE TOWER = Eye of Sauron
DEATH = Skeletor
THE DEVIL = Darkness (from Legend)
THE MOON = Chernabog
THE FOOL = The Joker
THE EMPEROR = Cobra Commander
THE EMPRESS = Xenomorph Queen
THE PRIESTESS = Goblin Queen
THE MAGICIAN = Venger, Doctor Doom, Dr. Facilier
JUDGMENT = Darth Vader
THE HIEROPHANT = Soundwave and cassettes

My basic rule of thumb is no two villains from the same background/universe. So no two from Marvel or DC or Disney. Tho I have several favorites from all of those. I clearly have a hankering for 80's villains and monsters too and narrowed the above list down from other choices like Pinhead, Freddy, Mumm-Ra, Mon*Star, Tiamat, etc.

I'm still torn on The Magician as I want voodoo somewhere (but I can also get that as another tattoo down the line) and I must have Doctor Doom but Venger is a great Magician if I used the weapons of power in the image to mimic the items in the Magician card. Plus I loved the hell out of some D&D as a kid.

My question - who else could you see Doctor Doom as? I was thinking Emporer but then I'd need a place for Cobra Commander. Perhaps the Chariot? Not very Scorpio but it could work.

Oh and BTW Goblin Queen is my own original character from City of Heroes so I wanted an original one in the sleeve. Can view her here if you are so inclined. She could fill the roll as Empress or High Priestess.

http://thesteampunker.deviantart.com/gallery/26705480

Any other feedback is appreciated too!

Thanks!

HudsonGray

The Joker isn't naive enough, how about Dr. Horrible?

Steampunker

That's true. I was just wanting to get one of my favorite DC villains in there since I hadn't gotten any DC in yet. There are some liberties taken there I agree.

Tho Skeletor or Cobra Commander would easily be the Fool if taken straight from the cartoon versions (not so much CC in the comics tho).

Then I'd need a new Death card and Thanos is on the top but I already want Doctor Doom from Marvel. Maybe Darkseid to get my DC fix in?

The more I think about it the more I can get behind Cobra Commander as the Chariot, leaving Doctor Doom as the Emperor.

SixDegrees

The Fool could literally be "The Nothing" from The Neverending Story, but that might be too abstract (and make for poor art).

A few other (literary) ideas...

THE STAR: The White Witch (from The Chronicles of Narnia)
THE CHARIOT: The Gnome King (from The Land of Oz)
STRENGTH: The Auditors of Reality (from The Discworld Series)

I also quite like the idea of Prof. Moriarty as The Magician.

Steampunker

I really like the idea of the White Witch for the Star.

Moriarty is a very interesting idea too. I already have so many villains for that role. Thanks for making that one harder. ;)