Fox vs Moon

Village Witch

Augh!!!

Rana George in her book Essential Lenormand uses the Fox card as the employment card.

I recently purchased Andy Boroveshengra's book on the petit-Lenormand in which he uses the Moon card as the employment card.

This morning I drew Rider + Bouquet + Moon as my daily read. As I know the hubby is awaiting the results of a meeting taking place this morning concerning his employment with a new company, I so want to view the Moon in this read as my husband landing the job.

I know I cannot switch the meanings of the cards to suit my fancy. I love Andy's book in reference to reading the Grand Tableau, which he says is how the petit-Lenormand was designed to be read.

I would like to read the cards with the meanings they were originally given, but then I look at Rana who grew up reading and trusting the cards. I have read that some feel the cards these days have too much of a new-age feel. I understand that now.

What I worry about is reading what I want to see in the cards.

Have any of you encountered this type of situation? How did you hand it?

Teheuti

Daily readings are a way to refine one's meanings - for instance, in determining if Ship or Rider refers to your car, etc. You do have to watch out for literalisms and personal meanings, which will show up, but dailies can also clarify the kinds of situations that most pertain to Fox or Moon. So, this is an excellent opportunity for you to observe what does happen.

One issue that arises when you use Fox for work, is what card do you use when someone is trying to trick you, practicing deliberate deceit (a con), or something is just plain "wrong"? Also, how do you interpret Moon? Do you keep the ideas of recognition, honor and respect? Wouldn't that describe the hoped for result of your husband's business meeting?

BTW, the verse on the 19th century Brespols deck says: "When the friendly moon shines down at you from close upon your shores, he is announcing a nice *career,* glory and honour are to be yours." So there is a 19th century card for work. (Brespols decks were originally published in Dutch, German and French, and more recently, by CartaMundi, in English.)

Village Witch

One issue that arises when you use Fox for work, is what card do you use when someone is trying to trick you, practicing deliberate deceit (a con), or something is just plain "wrong"? Also, how do you interpret Moon? Do you keep the ideas of recognition, honor and respect? Wouldn't that describe the hoped for result of your husband's business meeting?

That is so very interesting as I do view the Moon as... as you say "recognition, honor, and respect"... but also as illuminating what is hidden. (A carry over from the Tarot.)

BTW, the verse on the 19th century Brespols deck says: "When the friendly moon shines down at you from close upon your shores, he is announcing a nice *career,* glory and honour are to be yours." So there is a 19th century card for work. (Brespols decks were originally published in Dutch, German and French, and more recently, by CartaMundi, in English.)

You have given me much food for thought here. Thank you so very much. :)

Tag_jorrit

That is so very interesting as I do view the Moon as... as you say "recognition, honor, and respect"... but also as illuminating what is hidden. (A carry over from the Tarot.))

Lenormand is a different animal from tarot. If you truly want to learn Lenormand, you need to learn what each symbol means *in the language of Lenormand.* It is difficult to shed the meanings you are used. However, Lenormand is not tarot. They speak a different language.

monisina

Hello

I think this combination can be explained as:
He receives a good news/message or has a pleasant meeting or meet a nice person and it will result in a good mood/sense. In my opinion Moon means emotional or mood stability/unstability, bad/good mental condition, illusions, etc... As Bouquet is before Moon I think it will be positive.

Teheuti

Hello

I think this combination can be explained as:
He receives a good news/message or has a pleasant meeting or meet a nice person and it will result in a good mood/sense. In my opinion Moon means emotional or mood stability/unstability, bad/good mental condition, illusions, etc... As Bouquet is before Moon I think it will be positive.
I've seen other people use Moon for moods and emotions - generally more positive than negative, and also romance.

Village Witch

The outcome of the meeting was that while my husband is "the best in the business", there is simply no money in the budget to hire him. This is a young company and they have many start-up expenses. This job would have called my husband out of retirement, and so neither of us are upset that he did not get the job. No one got the job. It would have been a created position.

Rider + Bouquet + Moon

So acclaim and honor were his but no job. So in this case, Rana's interpretation of the Moon card plays out. Perhaps I was reading into the cards what I wanted to see/grasping at straws. A hard habit to break.

I am still contemplating which set of meanings I stick with and apply to my readings. Teheuti has given me much food for thought.

kalliope

Andy just posted a very thoughtful blog post exploring which cards symbolize the work area of life. He discusses his views of these cards with clear explanations, including some interesting info about how the playing card suits support certain themes.

I found it helped me solidify my own thoughts on these cards, which is why I'm passing it along in case others find it as helpful. :) (He covers the "sex" card issue, too.)

I first learned my Lenormand meanings online from Chanah, Andy, and Treppner, so I lean that way. But even so, I wavered for a minute on some card meanings after I read Rana's excellent book. In the end, though, I realized that I can still take away lots of fabulous reading tips from Rana without having to adopt all of her meanings if they conflict with what makes the most sense to me from the historical perspective.

I second many of Teheuti's good points, too!

Village Witch

Andy just posted a very thoughtful blog post exploring which cards symbolize the work area of life. He discusses his views of these cards with clear explanations, including some interesting info about how the playing card suits support certain themes.

Thank you!

Teheuti

I agree with Andy regarding themes. It's how I now teach my Lenormand classes - via all the cards that might relate to work and money, and to love and marriage, and to people, or health. Each lends its own nuance to the subject, and in a GT you can see how a theme progresses over time or affects different areas of one's current life.

For me, Fox can speak of using cunning or strategy on the job (if adjacent to more positive cards) or finessing a task. (But mostly Fox is a worrisome card.) Anchor will tend to show how steady a job is or how faithful one is to one's job (or a relationship if that is indicated).