3 of Wands + Emperor

REsubmerged

How would you read this pair as the future outcome of a relationship?

Three of Wands is executing long term term plans or making plans for the future. Could also, in this context, he waiting for something to return.

Emperor is one who establishes order. He is the can do and will do person. He doesn't leave things up to fate, he makes it happen.

Combined I can see that maybe one or both parties will put forth effort to make something happen in the future.

Back story:
We met online and had a date. We hit it off. Intellectual and physical chemistry. We are a good match, we have both expressed this to each other. But... And there is always a but.

We had a second date which was just as good as the first, if not better. A week later, he tells me that he needs to put a hold on us dating until he's more stable. Moves into his own place etc. He has just moved here probably the same day or day before we met online. And we had our first date less than a week later. All unexpected and really fast for us both. He said he really likes me and loves or connection. I believe him, just bad timing.

REsubmerged

Perhaps the Emperor is saying that he will follow through on his word, which was the 3 of Wands... We'd come back to dating.

werewolfmoon

Be prepared (the three) for him (the emperor) to come back pretty soon, probably as soon as he is settled.

Dazmond

I also think this looks like a positive outcome for the future of the relationship - and I think you're right that he'll follow through on his word. 3 of Wands is the promise of a future - an optimistic sort of looking-forward. Both cards are ruled by Aries, the initiating force. He may be independently-minded and need some time to get himself situated and organized (Emporer) before he's ready to move forward (3 Wands), as he said. I see the 3 of Wands as an honest / virtuous card, and the Emporer is usually benevolent if not a little self-centered, so I see this as a confirmation of his sincerity. Taking care of his own needs first is very Emporer of him... could be that he will continue exhibiting this tendency in the future.

With all of that Aries energy he would probably be an active, enthusiastic, and ambitious partner for you. The Emporer can also be a bit stubborn, but given enough freedom to move as he please he is generally a happy fellow. He may not give the same freedom to others - being limiting, controlling because he thinks he knows what's best... he imposes structure and order. But I think 3 of Wands brings out his better virtues. In general there is a tendency between the two of you to look toward the future and make plans for improvement, which is certainly helpful in any pairing.

REsubmerged

Be prepared (the three) for him (the emperor) to come back pretty soon, probably as soon as he is settled.
This sounds good. I guess I can stop worrying about it now šŸ˜Š

I also think this looks like a positive outcome for the future of the relationship - and I think you're right that he'll follow through on his word. 3 of Wands is the promise of a future - an optimistic sort of looking-forward. Both cards are ruled by Aries, the initiating force. He may be independently-minded and need some time to get himself situated and organized (Emporer) before he's ready to move forward (3 Wands), as he said. I see the 3 of Wands as an honest / virtuous card, and the Emporer is usually benevolent if not a little self-centered, so I see this as a confirmation of his sincerity. Taking care of his own needs first is very Emporer of him... could be that he will continue exhibiting this tendency in the future.

With all of that Aries energy he would probably be an active, enthusiastic, and ambitious partner for you. The Emporer can also be a bit stubborn, but given enough freedom to move as he please he is generally a happy fellow. He may not give the same freedom to others - being limiting, controlling because he thinks he knows what's best... he imposes structure and order. But I think 3 of Wands brings out his better virtues. In general there is a tendency between the two of you to look toward the future and make plans for improvement, which is certainly helpful in any pairing.

Honest and virtuous. Yes. I've dealt with some awful guys in my past. 3.5 years single and psuedo-intentionally celibate, and I'm presently surprised that this is the first guy I date.

He can be that way, controlling is not quite it. But that quality of maybe knowing a lot and offering suggestions whether asked for or not. But overall, he's mature and communicative in a positive way.

Thank you for your interpretations. I'll be sure to update.